Weekend Football 27/11/10

Francis Coquelin

After it was just made quite clear that to stifle Barca's midfield, you would need a ball winner, what on earth would Modric and Huddlestone accomplish against Barca's midfield?It would be an entertaining game, but boy./

When I die I wanna come back as lionel messi
Titus Bramble on twitter! :D :D

Guest Blue State Of Mind
PERSPECTIVEMan U apart from saturday havent been playing well according to all including fergie.....Chelski have just got 1 point in nine....unheard of....arsenal are losing games to teams they shouldntits been spoken over and over again at how none of the top three are playing particularly well...yet the top two have a +19 goal difference and arsenal +15 two points difference between themtottenham are playing their best football in years yet they still cant get in the top four and have a +3 goal differencesome of you man remind me of why i hate reading any british sports journalist....pure sensationalism and not enough common sense , swinging from one extreme to anothertottenham didnt play particularly well against liverpool or arsenal .........tottenham arent technically gifted so dont fool yourselves in thinking they play attractive football cause they dont....they play a very English type of game
LOL at Tottenham aren't technically gifted your chatting crap now.Modric Van Der Vaart Huddlestone on their day are as technically good as Xavi Iniesta and Busquets.Gallas and Kaboul are as good technically as Pique and better than Puyol technically.Bales technique is up there with the very best.Then you've got Jenas very underrated but still a classy player.Go through Spurs whole squad and you would see that they've got players who are great technically in every single position.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Guest Blue State Of Mind
After it was just made quite clear that to stifle Barca's midfield, you would need a ball winner, what on earth would Modric and Huddlestone accomplish against Barca's midfield?
Modric Huddlestone Palacios

Spurs v Barca if it did happen would be one of the ties of the 10/11 Champions League
Would love to see that mate, even though we'll lose. Two of the best ball playing teams in Europe going head to head. Would be a sick game!
2dmf7yd.gif
Bassong V PuyolCorluca v AlvesJenas v XaviModric v IniestaDefoe v CrouchBale V messibattle of titans :D that
Lennon>>>>>>>>>>>PedroEkotto>>AbidalModric = InestaGallas>>Puyol
I was gonna rise to the bait then realised your having a bubble
Gallas is better than Puyol/Lennon is better than pedroModric technically is as every bit as good as Iniesta although i conced Iniesta is the better player only slightly.Ekotto is just as good as abidal.Gomes and Valdes are both shite.
Ken%20Park%20-%20Suicide.gif'take the ratchet go home and just chris benoit'

PERSPECTIVEMan U apart from saturday havent been playing well according to all including fergie.....Chelski have just got 1 point in nine....unheard of....arsenal are losing games to teams they shouldntits been spoken over and over again at how none of the top three are playing particularly well...yet the top two have a +19 goal difference and arsenal +15 two points difference between themtottenham are playing their best football in years yet they still cant get in the top four and have a +3 goal differencesome of you man remind me of why i hate reading any british sports journalist....pure sensationalism and not enough common sense , swinging from one extreme to anothertottenham didnt play particularly well against liverpool or arsenal .........tottenham arent technically gifted so dont fool yourselves in thinking they play attractive football cause they dont....they play a very English type of game
LOL at Tottenham aren't technically gifted your chatting crap now.Modric Van Der Vaart Huddlestone on their day are as technically good as Xavi Iniesta and Busquets.Gallas and Kaboul are as good technically as Pique and better than Puyol technically.Bales technique is up there with the very best.Then you've got Jenas very underrated but still a classy player.Go through Spurs whole squad and you would see that they've got players who are great technically in every single position.
What is this?!!?
  • Upvote 1

img0116y.jpg''Can't be serious...''
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

PERSPECTIVESpurs have had bare man out injWe all saw what happnd 2 Utd last season when ur main defenders wer inj (Woodgate, King, Corluka & Dawson ) have all been inj this season Every1 knows what the 1st season in the CL is like, in terms of trying to perform inda league n europeI as a long term gooner memba what our 1st season was like in 98/99Spurs have played their best footy in EuropeTheir game (the direct english style) looks more suited to Europe/Lets not get carried away and make silly comments n disregard teams for the sake of itAgain no1 said Spurs r world beaters or they would win the treble, I just said Spurs v Barca wud be an entertaining game@ TF lol at that 5 playing against Bolton, off the top of head I know Kranjcar n Sandro played, again ur footy knowledge outside of Arsenal is found wanting..

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Gallas is better than Puyol/Lennon is better than pedroModric technically is as every bit as good as Iniesta although i conced Iniesta is the better player only slightly.Ekotto is just as good as abidal.Gomes and Valdes are both shite.
Haha
Lol you telling me Gallas ain't better than Puyol.Modric will be one of the best players in the world in a couple years, i'm sure of it he would ift perfectly into Barcas side. He probably would do nearly as good of a job as Iniesta to be honest, his vision Dribbling and Passing(not so much) can match Iniestas.Lennon and Pedro is a toss up depending on what you want from a winger, although Lennon wouldn't really fit into Barcas system i can't openly say that Pedro is a far better player.Ekotto and Abidal is pretty close, Abidal is a better defender(although has been found wanting in the past), Ekotto is far better going forward.Valdes is better than Gomes, but the aforementioned is overrated and i've never particularly rated him, is just that his inefficiencies aren't easily exposed cause 9 times out of ten Barca do what they did to Madrid today and totally dominated possession meaning Valdes is rarely called upon.
  • Downvote 5

Im only gonna say this once and leave this convo as it is, as I know this guy is a serial wasteman....PEDRO OR LENNON? AARON LENNON YEAH?Dont get me wrong, I rate Lennon as probs the best right winger in the prem after Nani, but better than Pedro yeah?23 goals for la liga champions last season, MOTM against the supposed best team at the world cup (Ze Germans

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

PERSPECTIVESpurs have had bare man out injWe all saw what happnd 2 Utd last season when ur main defenders wer inj (Woodgate, King, Corluka & Dawson ) have all been inj this season Every1 knows what the 1st season in the CL is like, in terms of trying to perform inda league n europeI as a long term gooner memba what our 1st season was like in 98/99Spurs have played their best footy in EuropeTheir game (the direct english style) looks more suited to Europe/Lets not get carried away and make silly comments n disregard teams for the sake of itAgain no1 said Spurs r world beaters or they would win the treble, I just said Spurs v Barca wud be an entertaining game@ TF lol at that 5 playing against Bolton, off the top of head I know Kranjcar n Sandro played, again ur footy knowledge outside of Arsenal is found wanting..
found wanting LOL

bruv the only way spurs are going to score from the middle of the park is a route one to Defoe or crouch......dont make me laugh if your talking about use of widemen and getting players into the box i would give it to spurs any day of the week, no doubt they are a good counter attacking side ,but lennon ,huddlestone and co aint playing triangles in midfield my friend....tottenham have never been great passers of the ball .....Jenas aint underrated....overated in my opinion

Guest Blue State Of Mind
What is this?!!?
Do you man even understand what the word 'technique' means.Technically Huddlestone is nearly on Alonsos level, he can pass with both left and right foot with great precision. He knows how to manipulate the ball ebetter than most players in the world, his shooting is up there with the best, i've seen him catch volleys mid air like it was nothing. Don't let Huddlestones lack of mobility fool you if he had gorwn up in Spain i have no doubt he would be rated higher than he is in this country, technically he can definitely rival Busquets.I've seen VDV play since he was at Ajax, and again he has always been a player with incredible technique, he just hasn't really been good with his career moves cause honestly if he had picked the right clubs he would be mentioned in the same ilk as Sneijder Xavi and co. To me technically Sneijder isn't much bettter than VDV he is up there with the best in that regards, i've watched himf from a long time its not just some knee jerk reaction after his recent form with Spurs.Modric again like VDV can rival most players technically, i don't care what any one says. If Modric was at Barcaelona i have no doubts in my mind he would shine, he has everything in his locker, Vision, Passing Dribbling etc.And as for Gallas and Kaboul being better technically than Puyol seriously its not even debatable, Puyol is like a more refined Carragher. Whole Gallas has alwyas been praised since his Arsenal days for his ability on the deck.Obviously you man may not agree but don't act like what i'm saying is preposterous.

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Im only gonna say this once and leave this convo as it is, as I know this guy is a serial wasteman....PEDRO OR LENNON? AARON LENNON YEAH?Dont get me wrong, I rate Lennon as probs the best right winger in the prem after Nani, but better than Pedro yeah?23 goals for la liga champions last season, MOTM against the supposed best team at the world cup (Ze Germans
To be honest Lennon is hardly renowned for his goals. However Pedro plays in a system and a team that guarantees goals, even if Jefferen was playing instead i guarantee he would also be getting 12+ goals every season. Barca beat teams 5-0 every week, and when you've got players with the understanding Xavi and Iniesta has and the unpredictability Messi has its easy to see why he would get goals. Also the fact that most Spanish teams are so tactically inept when dealing with Barca, they all come out trying to play football like Barca rather than stifle them.

Yeah some talk is going over the top but lol @ thinking our team doesn't have technique (Apart from up top) I'm not saying its any where near Barcelona's level. They are on a dif planet!lol @ the guy who said we are not a top 4 team. Who is then? Liverpool? Man City? When were they in the champ league? Some people just love to Gas.

Guest Rorschach

Puyol is by far a better defender than Gallas, thats why Gallas was allowed to leave a team that finished fourth, yet Puyol has yet to be displaced in the defence of a team that has won 3 cl trophyes in the last 5 years, a european and world cup, he's toguh, totally comiited, and has good reading of the play, a proper CB who wouldn't be out of place in the premGallas is good technically, but he isn't Beckenbauer, don't kid yourself, he isn't even Piquenbauer. Some type of modern metrosexual sub-6 foot defender (no irony in that Puyol is 5''10) he isn't the player you want when your in THE sh*t. Look at Puyol + Piques performance against Germany when they were under the kosh for a whileHuddlestone is technically gifted for an English player, he isn't as clever as busquets though, OR as cute or neat a passer, he can't play in the same way that Sergio is asked to, or how Scholes does, to be preciseVDV, Modricare both classLennon couldn't lace Pedros boots.

Guest Blue State Of Mind

Bare of you man don't even know about football and just listen to whatever sky sports says. Also many of you don't look at the overall context of things, i said Huddlestone is as good technically as Busquets and man are chatting sh*t. To be honest i'm more perplexed that more people don't agree with me, because if you watch Huddlestone week in week out for the last couple years you would see that technically he is definitely without a shadow of a doubt one of the best players in England, and by technique i mean passing with both feet to a good standard, the way he shoots the ball, and his touch. All of them things in regards to Huddlestone is pratically flawless, and i gurantee if he was playing for Barca more of you d*ckriders would be agreeing with me.However i'm not saying he is a better player than Busquets, because what Busquets has over Huddlestone is mobility, which is massively important for an holding midfielder. Huddlestone is basically a slouch and at times his lack of mobility lets him down.

• Downvote 1

Guest Blue State Of Mind
The media in this country RUN tings.
Dpn't chat sh*t to me fam, i don't listen to the media.How many man in thhe medida would say Huddlestone is as good technically as Busquets?The media is on Barcas d*ck, so don't act like i'm just recycling what i hear from Henry Winter or Patric Barclay, it seems its you man that let the media dictate your thoughts and its clear alot of you don't understand what the word technique even truly means.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Spurs v Barca if it did happen would be one of the ties of the 10/11 Champions League
Would love to see that mate, even though we'll lose. Two of the best ball playing teams in Europe going head to head. Would be a sick game!
2dmf7yd.gif
Bassong V PuyolCorluca v AlvesJenas v XaviModric v IniestaDefoe v CrouchBale V messibattle of titans :D that
Lennon>>>>>>>>>>>PedroEkotto>>AbidalModric = InestaGallas>>Puyol
I was gonna rise to the bait then realised your having a bubble
What is this?!!?
Haha
Lol you telling me Gallas ain't better than Puyol.Modric will be one of the best players in the world in a couple years, i'm sure of it he would ift perfectly into Barcas side. He probably would do nearly as good of a job as Iniesta to be honest, his vision Dribbling and Passing(not so much) can match Iniestas.Lennon and Pedro is a toss up depending on what you want from a winger, although Lennon wouldn't really fit into Barcas system i can't openly say that Pedro is a far better player.Ekotto and Abidal is pretty close, Abidal is a better defender(although has been found wanting in the past), Ekotto is far better going forward.Valdes is better than Gomes, but the aforementioned is overrated and i've never particularly rated him, is just that his inefficiencies aren't easily exposed cause 9 times out of ten Barca do what they did to Madrid today and totally dominated possession meaning Valdes is rarely called upon.
aSSAASDDSDim actually in tears reading this cryingNAH HES NOT REAL, anelka allow having two accounts on some tulse movementswhat am i seeing Modric an equal to iniesta Lennon touching pedroa'/#d/ddddddying, Nah can't even believe itlol @ Mike and Cipher actually debating some of these factsyou guys should know better