2011 Cricket World Cup

Sinister

• 3 weeks later...

Very long shot I know, but does anyone here play cricket for a club team? Looking to get back in to it.

Yeah fam, but I play in the Surrey league tho so I think a bit far for u.

U bat or bowl?

TBH I haven't played properly since I was about 14 (used to open batting and bowl a bit of medium pace) but I can still bat a bit and I'm a cracking fielder. Was looking to play for a Sunday team or 4th/5th VI somewhere to see how I get on.

What team you play for? You a batsmen/bowler?

As i was saying before we were interupted...

Your best off looking up some of the bigger local teams in your area that will have 4 or 5 teams and going down to a couple of net sessions to see how well you fair. Also its also a good thing to check what the people are like, cos there is nothing worse than playing with a bunch of wankers.

I play for a small local team called Beddington Village- we only have 1 team but we are in the 1st Division of the Surrey League, so we are a pretty decent standard. I'm a bowler. Would like to think im Curtley Ambrose pace, but probably more like Tim Bresnan :lol:

• Upvote 1

Guest Lemons

Cheers for the advice brah.

I've dropped a couple of emails to a few of the teams near me (Crouch End, London Fields etc) and I'll see what comes back. Basically, I just want to make an Ian Wright style entrance to cricket and have Andy Flower catch me smashing everything about in a nets session as he walks past.

Nothing wrong with Tim 'Burly' Bresnan though brah...