world cup provisional squads

Gunner

I've got no problem whatsoever with Walcott not going, I've still not seen any evidence he's a real footballer. The rest won't really make much difference either way, but what kind of message does it send when you can have a blinding season for a club that finished in the top 4, and be left behind for a guy who has been abysmal in a relegation-threatened team? You'd hope that you wouldn't ever need your 5th-choice centre-back in a tournament, but Dawson at least deserved the experience of being in the squad.

Rather than having a group of players who have played excellent football all season, but don't have the England caps to show for it, we'll take a load of people who have done f*ck all for 10 months but have amassed a bunch of caps at various points in the past. Wonderful.

I'd understand the argument better if we were talking about replacements for core members of the team, but in terms of the fringe players, the Plan Bs, where's the sense in totally ignoring form?

+

North Korea Messes Up Final 23

North Korea striker Kim Myong-Won forced to play as goalkeeper - ESPN Soccernet

FIFA has confirmed North Korea will be only be able to play striker Kim Myong-Won as a goalkeeper at this summer's World Cup.

North Korea named Kim, who plays as a striker for Amrokgang, as one of their goalkeepers as they looked to boost their attacking options, relying on just two shot-stoppers for the tournament.

However, the World Cup Regulations state that "each association will be required to provide FIFA with a final list of no more than 23 players (three of whom shall be goalkeepers)".

FIFA has now told the country they will not be allowed to use Kim as an outfield player and, unless there is an injury, no changes will be permitted to their final squad.

When contacted by Soccernet, FIFA provided the following statement: "The squad lists that the teams had provided to FIFA by June 1, 2010 are final and can no longer be changed. On the final lists must be no more than 23 players, three of whom shall be goalkeepers.

"The only exception is in the case of a serious injury of a player in the list of 23, who could be replaced up until 24 hours before the first match of the team in the competition.

"The three players listed as goalkeepers can only play as goalkeepers during the FIFA World Cup and cannot play outfield. This will be communicated to the teams in the team arrival meetings and will be enforced on match days.

"So to answer the question regarding the North Korean player concretely: Kim Myong-Won will not be allowed to play as an outfield player if he has been put on the list as a goalkeeper."

LMFAO

I saw this but never clocked it's final now

rehsz

rhz

s

Fully f*cked up mans WC

He must be felling like buying a gun and heading for Cumbria...