Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alejandro Sosa

Google investigated over household data privacy breaches

8 posts in this topic

The UK privacy watchdog has launched an investigation into Google after it admitted copying household computer passwords and emails from unsecured wireless networks, when taking photographs for its Street View mapping service.

The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) said it would investigate, in light of a report in Canada that the company had potentially violated the privacy of thousands of Canadians. Similar findings are also emerging from other countries.

Google's admission came after Canada's privacy commissioner found Google had captured highly sensitive personal information with its Street View mapping cars. Seven privacy regulators in other jurisdictions have also analysed the data and revealed the full extent of what was copied, with reports due shortly from many others.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/oct/24/google-investigated-data-privacy-breaches

i hope everyone llows google

i mean comeon, it's google. they put the whole world on the internet. llow them init.

^ c/s its f*ck*ng google

remember few years back google was new kid on the block, look at him now

Yahoo n Lycos was the sh*t back then

but the way google jus took over is a next ting

skynet ting tbh

are you lot f*ck*ng serious?

the f*ck would i want them to have my email or passwords

i hope they get fined heavily

The UK privacy watchdog has launched an investigation into Google after it admitted copying household computer passwords and emails from unsecured wireless networks, when taking photographs for its Street View mapping service.

The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) said it would investigate, in light of a report in Canada that the company had potentially violated the privacy of thousands of Canadians. Similar findings are also emerging from other countries.

Google's admission came after Canada's privacy commissioner found Google had captured highly sensitive personal information with its Street View mapping cars. Seven privacy regulators in other jurisdictions have also analysed the data and revealed the full extent of what was copied, with reports due shortly from many others.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/oct/24/google-investigated-data-privacy-breaches

How?

theyre cars picked up data from unsecured networks somehow

they gt cases in Germany, Canda n a whole load of places for the same thing

they probably had some crazy hacker sitting in the google street view car hacking into peoples wireless routers while driving past just so google could upload the hi res images as fast as possible without paying stupid ammount of money for bandwith use

illegal but i would let google sniff out my wireless key

i mean comeon

its google