Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yak_Louis

Red Bull founder Chaleo Yoovidhya dies aged 89

6 posts in this topic

Chaleo Yoovidhya, one of Thailand's richest man, died of natural causes on Saturday, Thai state television broadcaster MCOT said.

Mr Chaleo founded T.C. Pharmaceuticals. In the 1970s, it formulated an energy drink prototype called Krathing Daeng, or Red Bull in English. It was popular among Thai truck drivers and laborers.

Mr Chaleo then co-founded a company in 1984 with an Austrian partner who helped turn Red Bull into a global brand.

Forbes magazine has ranked Mr Chaleo among the richest men in the world, with assets estimated to be worth several billion dollars.

His eldest son Chalerm Yoovidhya runs the company as well as the family-owned wine business, Siam Winery.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/9150040/Red-Bull-founder-Chaleo-Yoovidhya-dies-aged-89.html

1984? The 1st time I saw red bull was about 1997. At first I thought it was alcohol :lol:

At first I thought it was alcohol :lol:

Same lol, I remeber primary school,kids used to think they were cool drinking that

Stunting with the red bull can

Chaleo Yoovidhya, one of Thailand's richest man, died of natural causes on Saturday,

:lol:

couldn't help but read in a chinese accent

this is what i need to do, invent a drink and just cotch for life.

that breh who designed tetra pak. man patented that ish and just sits there making billions a yr while u all drink juice

no competition or nuffin. every country i gone to i drink juice and look underneath and see  tetra pack.

he lived well still... RIP.BOSS moves.