The Spurs Thread

Dadinho

Have to get rid of him now.Cause i wont be travelling to Bolton or Liverpool and paying £40, with Jol still in charge.Grateful for what he has done in the last 3 years, but its clear that things are not working anymore, he has lost the dressing room, lost the board and it seems like hes lost the fans now...
You're a fickle mug.Our season is pretty much over now, the board are squarely to blame for everything. I fail to see many available managers who could do a job as good as Jol has done.Big round of applause for Levy and Commoli, f*cking chumps.
A fickle mug?!I spend hundreds/thousands following Spurs round England every f*ckin year, if anything i am allowed to be fickle if i want....

Did Jol want the players he got? By IAN WRIGHTSEPTEMBER 18, 2007 THERE arenât too many Arsenal fans with much sympathy for Martin Jol at the moment but I feel extremely sorry for him.Getting turned over 3-1 by your local rivals is never going to do you any favours and thereâs no doubt heâs under major, major pressure.Tottenhamâs UEFA Cup match against Famagusta on Thursday followed by Sundayâs trip to Bolton take on massive significance but I hope boss Jol rides out this storm.I believe heâs done well, itâs just that maybe expectations at Spurs have become a bit unrealistic.What worries me is a few of things I am hearing on footballâs grapevine about whatâs going on behind the scenes at the club.Word reaches me that not all of Tottenhamâs summer signings were brought in by Jol.In fact, it appears that the arrival of Gareth Bale was the only one he requested and this is extremely worrying.The most high-profile signing was the £16.5million they shelled out for Darren Bent and it doesnât seem as though Jol really wanted him, although little wonder when you think they already had three top-class strikers.That money could have been used elsewhere to strengthen other areas â like a left-sided midfield player.Now I have nothing against the player. I think Bent is a quality striker and deserved his move to a big club after doing extremely well for Charlton.Whether Jol was trying to prove a point I donât know, but you had the ludicrous situation on Saturday when the clubâs record signing was on the bench for one of the biggest games of the season.Even worse was the fact that Jermain Defoe could not even get a place in the squad.Seeing pictures of him sitting in the stands was the saddest sight of the Premiership weekend.Jermain was good enough to be on the bench for England but not good enough to be a sub for Spurs three days later. Now work that one out because I canât.I think Jol is being used as a pawn but I do think he is handling the Defoe affair badly.I like Jermain as a player and also a lad. At the moment, heâs wondering what the hell he has done wrong.Jol seems annoyed that the player has yet to sign a new deal and clearly, the club do not want a similar situation to the one with Sol Campbell when he left on a free transfer.But what sort of message are Spurs sending when they do not even find a place for him as a sub. Would you want to sign?Heâs been in and out of the team for the last two years.Even so, when I speak to Jermain, he never says a bad word about Spurs and insists he just wants to play for the club on a regular basis.Fair play to him. A great attitude to have. Considering Spurs are finding goals difficult to come by, I just canât understand why heâs not being given a chance.Yet the problems there were summed up a few weeks ago with the bizarre situation surrounding Juande Ramos, with Spurs then insisting they were not interested in him.Itâs funny that Ramos will be in town, just a couple of miles from White Hart Lane, when Seville face Arsenal tomorrow.Ramos and Spurs is a situation you should keep an eye on as I fear itâs not the last we have heard of this one.IAN WRIGHT was talking to CHARLIE WYETTCourtesy of SEM Group

to be honest i want to see bent and defoe start against famagusta...i still think theyd make a sick partnership....everyone still goes on about keane and berbatov as a partnership, but which top side have they actully merked together?none.

At least we r still tryna improve the youth, coz we mite be needin them in a couple years...Spurs bid £1.5m for World Cup marksmanTottenham have bid £1.5m for Nigerian teenager Macauley Chrisantus and hope to bring him to England in the near future.He was the top scorer at the Under-17 World Cup and can move from Nigeria outside the transfer window as he is not under contract.Spurs chasing Burkina Faso teenagerTottenham are keeping close tabs on Burkina Faso international Charles Kabore.The News of the World says the 18-year-old midfielder, who plays his football for French second division club Libourne-Saint-Seurin, is also interesting Chelsea and Arsenal.Scouts from all three clubs are said to have been to watch the teenager who is valued at £500,000 and the interest could heat up in January when they transfer window reopens.

Looks like Ramos is our nxt manager then...*Now further fuel has been added to the fire after Sevilla coach Ramos, who Spurs approached earlier in the season, revealed he would welcome a move to the club in the future."Today I am the coach of Sevilla and I am only thinking about that, but everything is possible," he said. "One of my challenges as a coach is to work in a foreign country. England would be a magnificent destination but I don't have a concrete date."But everyone knows that everything in football is unexpected."However, Tottenham are staying united behind Jol and insist there are no plans to oust him."Martin's our manager and there are no plans to meet anyone else," a spokesperson for the club said. "It is inaccurate to speculate game-by-game. Martin has not had the start he would have wished but he wants to turn things around."*

Back at Spurs Lodge, Martin Jol offers his considered verdict on Saturday derby defeat at the Lane...WE DIDN'T SCORE when opportunities presented themselves at crucial moments on Saturday and ultimately paid the price because you can never count out teams like Arsenal at just a goal down. We worked well as a team and, for much of the game, nullified the threat from many of their players, stopping them performing to their maximum. It was very important to restrict them in their play and we did that, while we still had the chances to take advantage of the spaces that were there to exploit. It was incredibly disappointing the way the game panned out because we desperately wanted to get a good result against them and I felt that if we had scored a second goal before they responded it would have been over. We didn't and we gave away a cheap goal to let them back into it and in defending set plays we have to do better. Defending set pieces is about toughness as well, We have to teach them to develop a killer instinct in dealing with the threat. The same applies at the other end and you could say the difference between them and us on Saturday was that they were more confident in their finishing. Dimitar Berbatov will do better next time and he has said that himself. He rounded the keeper and all he had to do was put the ball in the net, but he tried to beat another defender. He knows and Darren Bent knows that they are top players and, that being the case, they have to do better and I'm sure they will do. Elsewhere we lost our shape and, against a team like Arsenal, if you don't keep four or five players behind the ball they will punish you and that is what happened when they got back into the game. Our start is the same as last year and to get back on track we need good team work and to cut out the errors sooner rather than later because we don't have the time. We have to combine our development as a team with getting the right results and that is what we will do. Jermain Defoe was not included in the squad, something which has since attracted a couple of headlines, but the reason was that including two strikers on the bench as I have done many times in the past did not offer a suitable balance of alternatives. Aaron Lennon was available again and if I had named two strikers I couldn't have picked him, for example, and I also had to leave Adel Taarabt out. I can only have four outfield players on the bench and made the decision to name one striker, two midfield players - one wide and one central - along with a defender. I felt it was necessary, and very practical, to go with one striker on the bench. What I said to Jermain was that they have to push each other and when he gets his chance he has to take it. It is very healthy for the squad. I don't expect him to be happy about it, but I am not here to make people happy as I have to make tough choices. Like I said, I have named two strikers on the bench in the past, but it makes your job harder because you have to name a midfield player who can cover both wide and central positions. If you have more specific players like Taarabt, Lennon or Wayne Routledge available then you have to make different choices. There are other players who will be disappointed, but the main advantage of this situation is that everybody must be on their toes for when they come back into the reckoning - which could be at any time.
If he dares play Lennon on the left at any point against Bolton, i will walk outta the stadium in disgust.

You think we will beat Bolton?I had a change of mind last night, and was talked out of scrapping my ticket and potentially stupidly paid out £100 up front for the Bolton, Villa and Liverpool tickets, our next 3 matches.I'm not confident for any of them one little bit though. But as Spurs fans we have been through worse, so i will travel and stick it out with them for the time being.

You think we will beat Bolton?I had a change of mind last night, and was talked out of scrapping my ticket and potentially stupidly paid out £100 up front for the Bolton, Villa and Liverpool tickets, our next 3 matches.I'm not confident for any of them one little bit though. But as Spurs fans we have been through worse, so i will travel and stick it out with them for the time being.
Yea think i said it in this thread way back, we will go on a winning streak after the Arsenal game. Bolton aren't any better than us, probally the best time to play them infact. They are probally saying the same thing about us lol

'tactics' arent the problem for f*cks sake.Its like someone wrote it in one newspaper article now you got all these brain dead morons using 'tactically inept' every other f*cking sentence when they blatantly hadnt even heard the word before.Does my nut.
People like you are clueless.You probally thrive to see Lennon play on the left. *Smh* it was a clear fact before hand, most Spurs fan know this as well but don't want to admit it.

Bale was tiring and Sagna was getting more and more dangerous because of that, who else was gonna come on?You werent saying he had 'poor tactics' (whatever the f*ck that means) the last two seasons, you're just following received wisdoms.Football fans are embarrassing sometimes I swear.
It was quite obvious last season. The season before that, we were just unlucky. Malbranque could of played on the left? He is much better at tracking back. Watch the top managers and see what they do when there teams are in trouble. Thats why i can't take you type of fans seriously. You lot living in some fantasy land. When the going gets tough Jol has no idea what to do.The only time i rate him is the West Ham game, got things spot on.

The thing is, looking back on the last 3 years under Jol, in crucial games, he has got things wrong much more than he has got things right.I am not being ungrateful for the 2 5th placed finishes he has got us, but dont let me draw for the games that left me with nightmares for weeks after, because of (keyphrase) 'poor tactics'....

You cant blame everything on the manager.Choking when we've got the lead is a problem Spurs have had for years. Remember Man U 5-3? Man CIty 4-3? You've got a club who have underperformed for years, got a reputation for f*cking up when we're winning, and a very young team with almost zero experience of winning anything or fighting. We've got no seasoned pros to pass on their experience, or any players who look like they can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win it, or lift the team. Which is why I find it so f*cking ridiculous that after so many years, we STILL havent got a top-class midfield general, or any big players. Jol went for them, and we cant attract these players either because our wage structure is too limiting or because Commoli didnt feel they were suitable.

You cant blame everything on the manager.Choking when we've got the lead is a problem Spurs have had for years. Remember Man U 5-3? Man CIty 4-3? You've got a club who have underperformed for years, got a reputation for f*cking up when we're winning, and a very young team with almost zero experience of winning anything or fighting. We've got no seasoned pros to pass on their experience, or any players who look like they can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win it, or lift the team. Which is why I find it so f*cking ridiculous that after so many years, we STILL havent got a top-class midfield general, or any big players. Jol went for them, and we cant attract these players either because our wage structure is too limiting or because Commoli didnt feel they were suitable.
Ledley KingI have said it for years, he is our best player, our most influential player and the only player that is a natural leader in our team.Results with him, and without him prove he is vital to Tottenham's cause.And over the last few weeks of this season, it has become blatently obvious that we miss him greatly.