The Spurs Thread

Dadinho

The thing that not many people know, is what Jol did in the summer.Supposedly held talks with Ajax and Holland about future jobs, no one is whiter than white.I like Jol as a man, and what he has done for the club, but whatever has happened, like i said the seeds have been sewn, be if Levy or Jol's fault. He is on borrowed time and will drag us even more into the sh*t if he doesnt go soon.I fully expect to hear something from Spurs later tonight or tommorow morning regarding Jol's tenure.I think the Bolton game was his last.

Tottenham have dismissed speculation that Martin Jol is ready to leave White Hart Lane. Rumour has suggested that the Spurs manager has informed the club that he is prepared to leave White Hart Lane and that a crisis board meeting had been arranged on Monday. However, Jol recently insisted he has the backing of Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy and a spokesman for the club has now rubbished the suggestions of crisis talks. Tottenham, who have endured a miserable start to the season, currently sit in the bottom three of the Premier League and their position was not helped by a 1-1 draw against fellow strugglers Bolton on Sunday. Pressure has also increased on Jol following the departure of Jose Mourinho from Chelsea. The former Stamford Bridge boss has been linked as a possible managerial replacement for Jol, but the Dutchman appears to be set to stay put.

Tottenham have dismissed speculation that Martin Jol is ready to leave White Hart Lane. Rumour has suggested that the Spurs manager has informed the club that he is prepared to leave White Hart Lane and that a crisis board meeting had been arranged on Monday. However, Jol recently insisted he has the backing of Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy and a spokesman for the club has now rubbished the suggestions of crisis talks. Tottenham, who have endured a miserable start to the season, currently sit in the bottom three of the Premier League and their position was not helped by a 1-1 draw against fellow strugglers Bolton on Sunday. Pressure has also increased on Jol following the departure of Jose Mourinho from Chelsea. The former Stamford Bridge boss has been linked as a possible managerial replacement for Jol, but the Dutchman appears to be set to stay put.
Something is still up.I cant believe the board have been utter f*ckwits from day 1 of this season.One that promised so much, f*cked up before we had even played 3 games.This putting off sacking Jol is just making the whole situation worse. He is on borrowed time, only a fool wont realise. Its almost like he dont care anymore because of the treatment he has got, and that is clearly wearing off on the players.

Defoe made a mistake leaving Defoe out of the squad, i agree that he has been over poor this season. But he gave him a chance to prove himself in uefa cup and defoe took it. Wats the point in leaving him out wen he proved that hes gona score.Im pissed at the amount of goals we conceed from set peices and Rsonist ur 100% right bout Spurs fans.I listened to the game on Radio and it sounded like we were playing at home, you could only hear the Spurs fans.

Well supposedly all this shite aint affecting Berba -

Tottenham Hotspur striker Dimitar Berbatov has revealed the only way he will leave the club is if he is not wanted.The Bulgarian striker hopes to repay the faith shown him in by Spurs by staying loyal to the club in the hope of recapturing the form of last season."I don't care for speculation. People talk about me because of what I did last season and that's normal," Berbatov told the Sunday Mirror ."Am I happy here? What do you think?"Loyalty is important to me and there is a debt to be repaid. Spurs wanted me no matter what - where were these other clubs then?"If I leave it's because I'm no longer wanted. I won't ask for a move. I'm very settled here."

Some Germans were saying that Berbatov could have left time ago to Bayern but he was loyal to them.If he says that then i wouldn't be too worried come end of the season, unless our board go crazy and try sell him.If we can attract any manager with a good history and lots of experience at this present time, Jol shouldn't be in a job IMO.He does not think at all. How can man replace Berba for Bent though?! Defoe, i could slightly understand 'cause he has some confidence in him, but Bent?! the guy is scared to shoot more time i see him.lol @ Zokora still starting for us. He should f*ck off. Tanio is not a right winger, we have Lennon/Malbranque/Bale and even Taarabt to play on the wings. Why would you pick Tanio??? When was the last f*cking time Tanio even played for us???? he can't even drop the excuse "We need to be more tight against Bolton" 'cause they are f*cking sh*t at this moment.

I don't know if i can take another season of Jol's subs and questionable lineups.To me the final straw was starting Tainio and Zokora against Bolton. Then subbing Berba....
Even with his poor tactics and substitutions,Jol will still get us into europe.Most of us have seen MUCH worse times at spurs.....this is nothing. Our fans need to calm down.....we are only 7 games into the season.Might aswell stick with Jol until the summer...then see if any world class managers are available.