What does Lehamann do, before he returns to first team action?

MrJibbles

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany goalkeeper Jens Lehmann is confident he will return for Arsenal when he recovers from injury because he says Manuel Almunia has failed to prove he is ready to displace him.Almunia has said he expects to remain Arsene Wenger's first choice after taking over from Lehmann, who has been out since injuring his elbow in Germany's 2-1 win over England in a friendly at Wembley on August 22."Almunia has also said a lot in the past," said Lehmann in an interview to be published in Der Spiegel magazine on Monday. "He hasn't won anything for us yet."Once he even said he was one of the best in Europe. But his performances have not made me have any serious concerns."Lehmann, 37, made two blunders in three matches at the start of the season which cost Arsenal goals.Since then Spaniard Almunia, 30, has let in two goals in eight matches, and none in his last four.Almunia, who joined the Londoners in July 2004, had only made 42 starts for Arsenal before this season but believes he has done enough in Lehmann's absence to prove he should take over as first choice.

ATM i dunno lehmann is prob a better goalie all round but is prone to make silly mistakes as well as wonder saves...almunia is just a solid keeper. doesn;t excell in anything but doesn't have any weaknesses.i think wenger should leave almunia in and make lehmann work for his place. what kinda message is that sending to the rest of the team when u take a out a player who has played well and done nothing wrong for a more senior play who has made alot of mistakes this season already???

Jens is back at it.

Arsenal's Jens Lehmann has hit out at Manuel Almunia's claims that he is a better goalkeeper than the Germany international.Lehmann, who has been struggling with injury, has not featured for The Gunners since the away draw at Blackburn Rovers on 19th August.Earlier in the season the German shot-stopper produced a number of high-profile blunders and could well face a fight to reclaim his place in the Arsenal side when he returns from an injury lay-off.UnimpressedManuel Almunia has deputised for the injured Lehmann, and has impressed in managing six clean sheets in nine games.The 37-year-old is unimpressed at Almunia's 'disrespectful' comments claiming that the Spaniard should rethink his position."It's the first time I have not been playing and that is due to an elbow injury and Almunia has now said he is the better goalie," Lehmann told The Sun."But if I join a team in which No.1 goalie has been the No 1 for years and also won titles and then I fail to perform, I find those remarks disrespectful."
Jens Lehmann says he expects to be back in the Arsenal side for next weekend's game with Bolton.The experienced custodian has not played in Arsenal's last nine games because of injury.Lehmann made a successful return to action for Germany on Saturday keeping a clean sheet in the goalless draw with Republic of Ireland as the Germans became the first side to book their place at next summer's Euro 2008 finals.Manuel Almunia has impressed between the sticks for Arsenal in Lehmann's absence, keeping six clean sheets in nine games.It has been suggested Lehmann had lost his No.1 spot to Almunia, but Lehmann has rubbished the claims and insists his absence was down to injury and that Arsene Wenger will restore him to the starting line-up next week against Bolton.Felt good"It was my first game after a couple of weeks and you never know how sharp you are and how focused and concentrated you are," Lehmann told Sky Sports News."I think I felt quite good and I performed quite well."I think I will play hopefully next week because I am fit now."I was injured, it was the first time since I am at Arsenal and I expect the boss to play me."ReturnLehmann also ridiculed talk that he had been left out by Wenger after some indifferent displays this season.Lehmann added: "Did you see me sitting on the bench once? I think some journalists are losing their intelligence about a couple of weeks."I have not spoken to him (Wenger) but I expect him to play me again, yes."
lehman_543652.jpg