This Ongoing Lil Wayne Hype

Goddaz

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

His hype isnt justified, but then nothing that the general hip hop media/mass says ever really warrants the hype. And if so it is rare.Same as Jay didnt deserve the hype before him

First time i heard weezy was hardballwas f*ck*ng with him from that, had all the albums, listenend and what not, i thought yeh hes illto be honest i slept on the Carter 1, but when i heard that Fireman sh*t i had to buy tha Carter II and backtrack all the way to the Block is hot and re-listen then it was a wrap from den"FRESH ON CAMPUS ITS THE BIRDMAN JNRMONEY TO LONG, TEACHERS PUT AWAY UR RULERS""AINT NOBODY f*ck*ng WITH ME MAN, HE MANSKI MASK, SPENDING NEXT WEEK'S CASHHE FAST, AND I DONT EVEN NEED A G PASS, IM PASS THAT,IM HANDING EM' OUT NOW, AND U CANT HAVE THAT...AND MY CHAIN TOUCAN SAM THAT,TROPICAL COLOURS YOU CANT MATCH THAT, GOTTA BE ABSTRACT""IM HOT, BUT MY CAR COOL,SHE WET, THATS A CAR POOL,BEEN IN THAT WATER SINCE A YOUNGIN, YOU JUST SHARK FOODQUICK DRAW MCGRAW AND I WENT TO ART SCHOOL,YEH THE LIGHTS IS BRIGHT, BUT I GOTTA SHARP FUSEDONT SNOOZE, FOR THE HANDLING THE GAME SO LONG, MY THUMBS BRUISED"f*ck offthe flow, delivery, attitude, cockyness swagger is all on point, he is just mocking life.. and i why i like it so much its cos its so like meand its true though, if you dont feel it now, its gonna be hard to feel it all.... cos now hes 10x more drugged up then he used to be, hes found out how to use an auto tune, and is 100% fully on this rockstar sh*t.. so hes overall lyrics and tunes have suffered..but even with that said, IMO he still better than 99% of whats out, cos not many mainstream people spit bullets like he can
I've been expecting you.Real talk, man mocks life differently lol. I swear if I was broke I'd hate him so much, I defo would have come to the rex my totty & edmonton goons & done something to him. Nothing long.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
His hype isnt justified, but then nothing that the general hip hop media/mass says ever really warrants the hype. And if so it is rare.Same as Jay didnt deserve the hype before him
Your kidding right?
rofl You saying he does?!Man is one of the most ovverated rappers everHe is rated so highly SOLELY because of units soldHe is hugely talented but his albums/tracks have been very very poor.VERY. Always the same poppy tracks.As an artist he has never been great, as a franchise/movement he has done alot to influence hip hop, but solely on music, naaaaaaaah.Reasonable DoubtBlueprintBlack AlbumBest albums, the rest are skippable. EASILY so.He was really pushed & spurned on by his fued with nas, it MADE him, were it not for that he wouldnt have been so succesfull.

How funny you said just my thoughts as I was listening to "The Ruler's Back", hmm....People hip hop has changed, Wayne's hype is justified as he pretty much sums up current hip hop.Like I said hip hop in the digital era, is even more fast paced than before & Wayne seems to be the only person who can keep up & just keep spitting, spitting, spitting.Wayne aint got caught up in the hip hop business or being a mogul, he just caught in the music & supplying the fans.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

lol @ saying Wayne>Jay-zPeople didnt 'suck off' illmatic when it was released either, does it make it sh*t? No.1 classic album (Reasonable doubt) >>>>>>>>>>>>No classic albums for wayneSimple as.

Your kidding right?
rofl You saying he does?!Man is one of the most ovverated rappers everHe is rated so highly SOLELY because of units soldHe is hugely talented but his albums/tracks have been very very poor.VERY. Always the same poppy tracks.As an artist he has never been great, as a franchise/movement he has done alot to influence hip hop, but solely on music, naaaaaaaah.Reasonable DoubtBlueprintBlack AlbumBest albums, the rest are skippable. EASILY so.He was really pushed & spurned on by his fued with nas, it MADE him, were it not for that he wouldnt have been so succesfull.
get on a train to forest gate so i can spud you.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

lol @ spitting spitting spiitngthe game was doign it before him, and pap before him, and 50 before that etc etcIts not a new thing, he is just hot atm so he is on everything.Akon, track after track after track.They are all bollox, but cuz he is hot a as a producer/featuer-ER he is all over the place at the moment.Doesnt mean he is great20 years from nowThe 'HYPE' will be forgotten, and all that will be left is the music, and his mussic isn't GREAT.

LOL you man are taking wayne for any young bergdo you man understand how many plantium plaques this guy must have on his wall? TBH i dont think no one in the HH world is f*ck*ng him (thats still present at the mo) when it comes to thathe has been doing this ting for near 15 years now..it feels like i typed this all before so i cant be bothered reallybut take this tune that came out 10 years ago I BEG EVERYONE DOWNLOAD AND LISTENwayne had just turned 15 and was showing levels all the way back then, hes on the chorus and he goes first aswell

"I GOT TEN ROUND MY NECKTWENTY ON MY WRISTMILLION DOLLAR LUCKMILLION DOLLAR KISSPULL UP IN MY LEXUSSIPPIN ON DON PCALL ME, LIL' BABY PACINO, OF C.M.B. (CASH MONEY BALLERS)I FLOSS EVERYDAY WARDEYY (AN NEW ORLEANS SLANG WORD FOR CUS OR FAM)KNOWN TO SHINE, LIKE A CRUSHED WINE FACE ROLEY"later on the bar"RIDING TO MYSELF, UP IN MY BABY BENZPLAYIGN WITH 10, GOING SHOPPING WITH MY LADY FRIENDS"what 15 do u kno that could ever say such LOLf*ck offhes too hardMannie Fresh rips it aswellhe was a young nigga with money, i am a young nigga with moneyso everything he says i relate too oh so well

lol @ spitting spitting spiitngthe game was doign it before him, and pap before him, and 50 before that etc etcIts not a new thing, he is just hot atm so he is on everything.Akon, track after track after track.
famnone of them man were ten years deep or even had a platnium plaque before they entered the gamewaynes been doing this for years and is getting his recognition now

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

lol @ the last bitHe may have been doing it for ages yeh (there are allegations of ghostwriting for all that but? I cant speak on that so meh..)Still at the moment, I dont see him beign a 'vet' as a reson to rate him currently anymore than it would be to rate Jay.Honestly, if you listen to someone like....f*ck it, listen to Papoose, you will get the exact same stuff you get with wayne, exaaact. Without perhaps as good/wide range of productionIf pap was properly signed when he was having all his hype, he would be/would have been where Wayne is now.Man was all over everything, ripping up all the mixttapes, had crazy hype, but his bubble popped.I also find it hard to listne to wayne simply because of his terrible terrible voice99.9% of listening to music invovles it sounding well...pleasant, and his voice is completely the opposite man, all croackey and whingey, sounds like he is crying all the timeHe is the type of person that if you were in assembly in school, and he got up to do a performance, once you heard his voice you would be like :D

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
lol @ spitting spitting spiitngthe game was doign it before him, and pap before him, and 50 before that etc etcIts not a new thing, he is just hot atm so he is on everything.Akon, track after track after track.
famnone of them man were ten years deep or even had a platnium plaque before they entered the gamewaynes been doing this for years and is getting his recognition now
Yeh thats fair enough they might not've put in as much work, (except pap) but to plat. plaques mean anything? To me they dont, just because you have one it doesnt mean you are a great artist, it seems only the most commercial 'in' artists can ever go platinum anyway, especially in hip hop so platinum plaques to me have never been any guarantee of anything, considering people like Bow wow have about 6.From the fact that Illmatic didnt go platinum untill 2004 I think it was, plat. plaques don't gaurantee any level of qualiy musicand that, in the end, is what it is all about, QUALITY music that is timeless.You wont hear singers being talked about like'Lemar is SIIICK, he is so creative & energetic, but the actually music he makes isnt all that'I dont see why it should go for rappers...cuz in the end, music is what its about.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
Bruvvayou cannot compare wayne to papooselike at allhe is a HH heavyweight compare to papooselol @ Ghost writing, that allegation came out after tha Carter 1 with Gillie, and that was only 2 albums ago, im talking 10 albums backdo your history
yeh thats fair enough innit, thats why im sayin i couldnt really speak on itHe could be a HH heavyweight but I am talking Talent & Outputwise.

yer then thats your tastelolim not saying everyone should like himi dont give a f*ck..but comparing his hype at the moment to games, akons and papoose's is a jokewayne got signed to a multi-million dollar record label wen he was 12 hes 25/26 now and has been relevant in the south ever since, only since his post C2 work ethic he is recieving MAINSTREAM and WORLD-WIDE attention, i was talking from an industry point of view when i was referring to his platnium plaques..but if you say ur talking talent wise then its down to tastes isnt itand we shouldnt be arguing cos we'll never agree

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
WAYNE >JAY Z ANY DAY OF THE WEEK
Co-sign.At this moment in time, I don't understand how anyone could argue otherwise.
How can you compare two artistsOne who has gotten to his lowest point in his career, hasnt been focused on music, basically fallen offAnd one who is having his surge and seemingly hitting his peak?AT THE MOMENTYou cold say Wayne >>>Eminem, cuz em has fallen offbut we all know Eminem is better than wayne, so it isnt really applicable.As musch as I dont like him, Jay-Z's discography>>>WaynesJay-Z as an artist>>>>>WayneBoth are the same type, bare hype, jay had and wayne will have his long reign at the topWayne is just a next-generation, southern version of Jay.

LOL you man are taking wayne for any young bergdo you man understand how many plantium plaques this guy must have on his wall? TBH i dont think no one in the HH world is f*ck*ng him (thats still present at the mo) when it comes to thathe has been doing this ting for near 15 years now..it feels like i typed this all before so i cant be bothered reallybut take this tune that came out 10 years ago I BEG EVERYONE DOWNLOAD AND LISTENwayne had just turned 15 and was showing levels all the way back then, hes on the chorus and he goes first aswell
"I GOT TEN ROUND MY NECKTWENTY ON MY WRISTMILLION DOLLAR LUCKMILLION DOLLAR KISSPULL UP IN MY LEXUSSIPPIN ON DON PCALL ME, LIL' BABY PACINO, OF C.M.B. (CASH MONEY BALLERS)I FLOSS EVERYDAY WARDEYY (AN NEW ORLEANS SLANG WORD FOR CUS OR FAM)KNOWN TO SHINE, LIKE A CRUSHED WINE FACE ROLEY"later on the bar"RIDING TO MYSELF, UP IN MY BABY BENZPLAYIGN WITH 10, GOING SHOPPING WITH MY LADY FRIENDS"what 15 do u kno that could ever say such LOLf*ck offhes too hardMannie Fresh rips it aswellhe was a young nigga with money, i am a young nigga with moneyso everything he says i relate too oh so well
beg man dnt sleep on dat tune though