Deadlifting

A Bit Better

Right, tomorrow will be my first back and legs session since I got back in the gym. I've missed the last 2 or 3 through timing but to be honest I wasn't too disappointed even though I know having a strong core is important. So tomorrow I shall be deadlifting for the first time and I wanna know... Roughly how much should I start with?I don't wanna spend all day in there loading the bar, testing then loading some more. What is a general starting point? I'm not saying I'm going to lift exactly the amount you say but I don't wanna start from 50KG thinking it's easy and then end up with back problems. Also, do I want to do deadlifts to failure? Do I want my last set to be so hard I can barely finish? Will that not f*ck up my back? How many sets? 3? Do I wanna do it at the start or the end of the session?Incase you think it's relevant I'm 6"2 and about 87KG.

140 kg 5X 5... MAX EVA WAS 150KG WITH WRIST STRAPS...IM WORRIED ABOUT MY FORM SO DROPPIN BACK DOWN 2 130 SOON 2 MAKE SURE I GET IT RIGHT... ITSS BECOME STAGNANTJUS GO SLOW... SERACH RIPPETOE ON YOUTUBE 4 A GOOD VIDEO ON FORM..ONCE UR LIFTS START GOIN UP IT DOES BECOME ADDICTIVE IF U STAY WITH ITGTA WORK ON MY SQUAT CAN ONLLY DO 20KG EACH SIDE SMH... ABYSMAL
rah. u shud switch it up so u do squats before deadlifts then nxt time deadlifts b4 squats or sutin, cos you would be able to do A LOT more than 20kg each side if u can deadlift that much. also i remember reading some heirarchy of whats the most weight u shud be able to lift on each exercise and it went something like deadlift>squat>bench press>shoulder press>etc.

at least 50kg im a lot shorter and weigh a lot less and when i started dead lifting i started on 50kg

i do the over grip but mixed grip one over one under is said to be good if your having problems
mixed grip is the only way it should be done, not just if you're having problems, some oldschool people still do the same position grip, but this is best left to very experienced power lifters and Bbuilding pros. its weird to ask what weight is 'best' to start with..when no one here is in the gym with you or knows what you normally do.start with what you feel you can do and build up gradually. if anything, you should best be doing it very light for about 2 weeks to get the right form.only someone experienced in the gym YOU are at who sees you doing them, can confirm that you're doing them correctly. remember that just cos you may be able to go quite heavy based on general strength doesnt mean you're doing it correctly, so you coudl be tempted to stay that way until you strain yourself. check here for some good infohttp://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/schultz35.htm