F.A.O MAC Users

Badman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should of just downloaded it...
Probably, but i figured whats the point... Apple were offering me a legit update for only £7.95...hardly breaking the bank.Finally installed it, apart from the minor tweaks to finder, quicktime & expose...nothing else is really noticeable to me....Ive read its mainly all under the hood changes that we'll benefit from later on.

bricked my mac hd by tryna install a bootlegged version. luckily with my stuff was recoverable and i'm now runnin a legit version. works wonderfully.
Faze explain urself bra was about to drop a PM as well
This/just downloaded it now im shook
lol dont know how you could f*ck it up TBH.... its the exact same disc you download from the apple site.... no serials, no cracks, so there shouldnt be a problem what so ever....i installed using a USB stick
[ Installation Tutorials ]Burn Using DVD-DL What you need:- Disk Utility.- DVD-DL (Dual Layer/DVD9). - DVD+/-R DL Burner.1. Open the 'Mac OS X Install DVD.dmg'2. Open Disk Utility. On the left navigation, select the image (Mac OS X Install DVD).3. Click 'Burn' to burn on your dual layer DVD.4. When the disc is burnt, restart your computer and hold 'c' to boot from the dvd.5. Follow the instructions to install Snow Leopard.Install via USB Flash Drive What you need:- Disk Utility. - Flash Drive with at least 8GB of free space.1. Open Disk Utility. On the left navigation, select your flash drive and click on the "Partition" tab.2. Under "Volume Scheme", Select "1 Partiton"3. Once selected, hit the "Option" button at the bottom of the map.4. A window will pop-up, select the GUID option (the first one).5. Once its done, navigate to the "Restore" tab.6. With the Snow Leopard DMG present, drag the DMG to the "Source" field, and from the navigation on the left, drag your Flash Drive to the "Destination" field.7. Click Restore.8. Close Disk Utility, Open up System Preferences. Under "System," choose "Startup Disk," Your flash drive should be listed as the Snow Leopard installation disk. Select and press "Restart"9. Follow the instructions to install Snow Leopard.Install via External Hard DriveWhat you need:- Disk Utility. - External Hard Drive with at least 8GB of free space.1. Open the 'Mac OS X Install DVD.dmg'2. Plug in your external harddrive.3. Open up Disk Utility. 4. Select your external hard drive on the left.5. You'll see "First Aid, Erase, Partition, RAID, Restore"6. Click on Restore. 7. You'll see two fields Source: and Destination: 8. For Source: select 'Mac OS X Install DVD.dmg' from wherever it is on your harddrive. 9. For Destination: drag you external hard drive from the Disk Utility drive list. 10. Click on Restore.11. Close Disk Utility, Open up System Preferences. Under "System," choose "Startup Disk," Your external drive should be listed as the Snow Leopard installation disk. Select and press "Restart"12. Follow the instructions to install Snow Leopard.

u think if i buy thr family pack and share it out would work ? ? ? or is it gotta be in the householdworks out cheaper if we all chipped in . . .dont really care about the start up and shut down, always leave it on sleep . . .but is it worth it tho ? ? ? jus heard its fast . . .
theres no serials so you can install on as many computers as you want.

Sorrybut I watched a guy shut down a G5 I was f*ck*ng shocked...shocked and appalled
?
It was like he switched off the plug...Why arent Microsoft replicating this kind of thingI know a little bit more then the average user. So can somebody with greater knowledge answer a couple of QsWhat makes Macs the industry standard for Media ProductionWhy haven't Microsoft brought out some OS that does replicate Mac OS technology instead of VistaIs it easy to obtain copied software for macs...because I dont want to cop one for a Multimedia and Music course and then nto be able to get Vista, finalcut, flash etc

Sorrybut I watched a guy shut down a G5 I was f*ck*ng shocked...shocked and appalled
?
It was like he switched off the plug...Why arent Microsoft replicating this kind of thingI know a little bit more then the average user. So can somebody with greater knowledge answer a couple of QsWhat makes Macs the industry standard for Media ProductionWhy haven't Microsoft brought out some OS that does replicate Mac OS technology instead of VistaIs it easy to obtain copied software for macs...because I dont want to cop one for a Multimedia and Music course and then nto be able to get Vista, finalcut, flash etc
very easy... i have everything....Logic is available but its a 47GB download, but if you know someone whos got it already u should be bless...

Nope,The guys on the phone say they launching a new ipod touch thing, and they are slowing all orders that contain it. They say it was a top secret release and only The top of the pile new to ensure it didnt get out.They are saying next week but still hasn't been dispatchedBeen in all week fr no damn reason.

I heard this OS had a reduced memory trail so it will free up like 11 GB of mem from your HD after install
True, I got back about 7gb of memory. But again I read its just a different way of OSX calculating the memory. :confused: anyway, 10.6.1 got released yesterday. It addresses some bugs.
lol dont know how you could f*ck it up TBH.... its the exact same disc you download from the apple site.... no serials, no cracks, so there shouldnt be a problem what so ever....
I didnt know apple offered the option to download Snow over their website, they sent me an upgrade disc... not complaining tho, still would have opted for a disc.

• 5 weeks later...

Heads up for anyone who's installing it and uses a guest account

Users of the new Apple operating system Snow Leopard are experiencing massive data losses when logging into their machines under a guest account.The problem appears to affect those who had a guest account enabled before upgrading to Snow Leopard.Users have in some cases lost their entire main profile, including sites, pictures, videos and documents.The problem, reported by more than 100 users on discussion forums, surfaced shortly after the OS's August release.The issue follows closely on the heels of vast data losses by the Sidekick handset in the US, whose software was designed by Microsoft subsidiary Danger.Unwelcome guestIndications are that the Snow Leopard bug simply treats the principal account like a guest account - meaning that the account profile is wiped clean when logging out.Users who first log into a guest account and then into their normal account have found it to be completely reset to factory default settings, with none of their personal data or files visible."I've been using Macs for decades...what the heck have I done here?" wrote user Wingrove on the Apple discussion forums on Monday."Repeated restarts and logins never get me back to me usual user acc(ount)."Those who use backup services including the Mac's own Time Machine can restore their lost data, but it appears that for those who do not, the data is permanently lost.Apple said in a statement that the problem "occurs only in extremely rare cases" and that it was working on a fix.In the meantime, users should delete previous guest accounts and, where necessary, create new ones that are "native" to Snow Leopard.