Is There Really REAL Money To Be Made From Road Rap?

bane

And that whole idea of circulating money is gassed. That breaks the basic rules of econimics. There's no money coming in. Paying a producer, paying a feature, paying a DJ, paying an engineer, none of that is going to increase your revenue in the current infrastructure.
The point was based on money coming in, if your getting paid from the game, I feel like you should generate some money back in to the game, not just take the money and then all the perks. Very simple really. Its not just for people that make music this should apply but also its support system, one of many peoples issue with say RWD.

Post was real talk.Question how small is this "very small tier" cos I see KIG man dem talking about buying a yard, Gracious K saying he's looking to pay off his mums yard etc. Guess that depends on size + price of yard but still, just asking. Are you talking about underground levels? I'm sure them dudes like Tanna talking about making money from music is gas. I dont know anyone buying Tanna cd with that fake Yank accent. Sure nuff of them are saying that for the cams to kill the murmurs that them man are wasting their time
KIG and Gracious K got single deals, they got at least 20k from there songs, plus the shows, someone told me Gracious K charging £350 which for me seemed mad low. But anyway those are things man working a 9-5 are doing and certainly things smart man on road been done.Tanna trying to go into the US market anyway.

Post was real talk.Question how small is this "very small tier" cos I see KIG man dem talking about buying a yard, Gracious K saying he's looking to pay off his mums yard etc. Guess that depends on size + price of yard but still, just asking. Are you talking about underground levels? I'm sure them dudes like Tanna talking about making money from music is gas. I dont know anyone buying Tanna cd with that fake Yank accent. Sure nuff of them are saying that for the cams to kill the murmurs that them man are wasting their time
KIG and Gracious K got single deals, they got at least 20k from there songs, plus the shows, someone told me Gracious K charging £350 which for me seemed mad low. But anyway those are things man working a 9-5 are doing and certainly things smart man on road been done.Tanna trying to go into the US market anyway.
I know all that, thats why I asked if hes talking about indie underground artists. I think he must have been, but just checking. I wonder how man like P. Money, Frisco and to a lesser extent Jammer them live. I know it aint road rap but if them man are struggling yet getting PA money, it must be famine for them road manHe may be going there with that, but that fake accent aint going nowhere. We've all seen what happened to dudes before him but thats another topic

states a good known can get 10 to 20 grand a show underground.small fanbase artist can get 3 grand a show easy. uk isnt paying that for shows and the buzz is not the same at all. even tho a american with 1/4 the fans of giggs, can still get 3 to 5 a show. the whole uk scene dont like to break bread, which is a main part of the problem of people not eating, if peope paid producers for beats, they paid others for 16's they paid dj's like tf to do a mixtape etc etc, everyone would be circulating money and everyone would get some kinda eat going on. then it would just grow and grow. thats how it worked and works in the states. here now people dont wanna pay for nothing cos they are coming up or its 'jus for a mixtape'ahh i could go on for ever about this....like TF said dont see them retiring off the money, all depends what they do with it next...
USA and UK are hardly comparable...infact some underground artists in USA are bigger than pop acts here simply cos of the scale of the playing field.The artists here in the urban market need to adjust their music to fit in the big lanes cos urban is catering to such a small portion of the country
No.And that whole idea of circulating money is gassed. That breaks the basic rules of econimics. There's no money coming in. Paying a producer, paying a feature, paying a DJ, paying an engineer, none of that is going to increase your revenue in the current infrastructure. That's why no one earns anything like a respectable living from music outside of a very very small tier of artists. You would be better off working in Macdonalds than standing outside selling your CDs there.Money can be much better spent on proper promotions and marketing in order to get your product organised and spread out to a wider audience with disposable income. Money isn't meant to circulate amongst people all on the same tier, it is a trickle down effect. People from above invest it in those below. Everyone who makes a profit stacks so they are able to afford to make the investments needed to progress higher up the ladder. It's basic economic theory.But that is difficult because there's practically zero money coming down from above for anything 'real', and as Shaian pointed out, this isn't america, there's practically nowhere for an underground artist to perform and make even a respectable living, let alone a small fortune.It will happen over time though, natural selection and evolution will kick in as you finaly get artists with both the right product and also the right brains to market that product.
^^^ cosign everything Zach sed

Which Underground UK artists are getting paid for PA's other than Giggz...I'd love to know......I would say theres money in it if ur talented..end of.Surely Youngsta can get £5 back for 3,000 mixtapes with a little strategy and marketing.If someone like him can release three projects a year thats gotta be a nice eat.PS: Do we believe Mike GLC actually sold over 10,000 mixtapes or were 8,000 them given away?