Criminal Record + Going Abroad.

Eskay Jones

I went Miami in May and was fine. unless your a terrorist or war criminal then you will be fine.

/

From the travel thread before I went Miami

iive researched up on it before I booked Miami, but in short they will refuse you if you have had major convictions, drugs, money laundering, terrorism, plots against the US. Unless the US have in an interest in you, then will not have your records. Minor offences you will be fine.. The UK does not share this type of information with the US unless it is a international offence. Most of the UK citizens should be able to enter the US with minor convictions, you must answer "NO" when asked if you have prior criminal record(s)

The U.S. does not deny entry to persons with a "Driving Under the Influence" (DUI) conviction, although if there are multiple convictions for this and or other misdemeanors, you could be denied entry.

Generally, any convictions for drug possession can result in denial of entry. If the conviction was long ago, you might contact the U.S. Embassy, Office of Consular Affairs in your country to obtain a waiver. Other misdemeanors may result in denial if they were recent.

https://help.cbp.gov...li=&p_topview=1

If you are coming to the USA from a Visa Waiver Country and have a previous conviction, you will most likely have to apply to get a visa to enter the country. It's a little more hassle, but unless your offense was pretty serious (in the eyes of the USA), doesn't mean that you can't come. If you are coming from a country that doesn't participate in the VWP (and isn't part of NAFTA), then you'll need to apply for a visa anyways, so no difference.

http://travel.state....thout_1990.html

To be ineligible to recieve a visa, you would need to have committed a crime "involving moral turpitude" or related to "a controlled substance" (source: Ineligible for Visa), though if the crime was committed when you were under 18 years of age or the maximum penalty of the crime is less than 1 year or you didn't serve more than 6 months

http://www.travel.st...ities_1364.html

) Have you ever been arrested or convicted for an offense or crime involving moral turpitude or a violation related to a controlled substance; or have been arrested or convicted for two or more offenses for which the aggregate sentence to confinement was five years or more; or have been a controlled substance trafficker; or are you seeking entry to engage in criminal or immoral activities? *

Have you ever been or are you now involved in espionage or sabotage; or in terrorist activities; or genocide; or between 1933 and 1945 were you involved, in any way, in persecutions associated with Nazi Germany or its allies? *

No it's not.

Do i wish it was ? Yes. I'd wear the name Mohammed with immense proudness knowing i could be blessed with the name of our messenger (p.b.u.h)

But dont make this into a religous issue which it will turn out by using the name Mohammed. You should know Islamic insults using the name Mohammed is never a good thing.

• Downvote 1