$500 million out of court to keep Cheny out of prison

O.Man

LOL @ that underestimate.

Anyways, as far as I know, their official salaries aren't that much. Its what they take themselves from the budgets they are given for their constitutiencies.

Link to the article?

Do you have a prospect subscription?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My good friend is an investigative journalist and does a whole bunch of travel to Africa uncovering corruption. He knows a number of spies all over the place (they'll just call themselves diplomats). UK companies are just as embroiled in the corruption as anyone else. One such company paid the Ugandan Military to fire on a passenger boat for instance. The UN have photographic evidence for this, but won't release it for 20 years.

The point is, there is no beginning and no end to corruption. EVERYONE is at it, whether you're actively taking part or covering it up. The UK Government cover a LOT of sh*t up.

this is true to an extent. but you dont see british MPs living in chelsea and owning million pound houses, unless they made this money before govt office

nor do you see directors of NGOs and govt institutions who had almost nothing before office, then leave office as multimillionaires.

In nigeria and the most corrupt countries being IN govt is Business on its own. There's very little difference between major buisnesses and govt since they sleep in bed together to help each other get richer and richer. There comes a point where self-regulation has to come into play and Africa or Nigeria cannot keep blaming the west

• Upvote 4

My good friend is an investigative journalist and does a whole bunch of travel to Africa uncovering corruption. He knows a number of spies all over the place (they'll just call themselves diplomats). UK companies are just as embroiled in the corruption as anyone else. One such company paid the Ugandan Military to fire on a passenger boat for instance. The UN have photographic evidence for this, but won't release it for 20 years.

The point is, there is no beginning and no end to corruption. EVERYONE is at it, whether you're actively taking part or covering it up. The UK Government cover a LOT of sh*t up.

this is true to an extent. but you dont see british MPs living in chelsea and owning million pound houses, unless they made this money before govt office

nor do you see directors of NGOs and govt institutions who had almost nothing before office, then leave office as multimillionaires.

In nigeria and the most corrupt countries being IN govt is Business on its own. There's very little difference between major buisnesses and govt since they sleep in bed together to help each other get richer and richer. There comes a point where self-regulation has to come into play and Africa or Nigeria cannot keep blaming the west

which d*ckhead negged this post?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

which d*ckhead negged this post?

the same one who negged urs.

• Upvote 1

Why are these Africans allowing themselves to be corrupted like this ffs?!

"allowing themselves to be corrupted"?

cos it's all the evil white man's fault for tricking these poor africans into taking bribes?

the nigerian government and its institutions are corrupt as f*ck, rotten to the core

the nigerian government is just like the russian government....rotten to the core with everyone having a price

dunno if you took offence to what i said/that was supposed to be an insult to me?

cos what you said is true, except the russian fed. is worse

http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2010/results

i think the only places that rank worse than russia are either former-soviet-union or african countries with civil wars taking place

fact is hardly anybody in the nigerian gov cares about poor people in oil rich regions living in dirt poor conditions.. i swear the british police do more to go after the oil crooks than the nigerian authorities? i mean, from when nigerians are voting in regional politicans who've already been convicted of corruption it's their own fault

no offence taken....its the bloody truth.... the reason i was saying that is that nigeria and russia are the only two places i can think of where people become billionaires "mysteriously" with no indication of how they came into their money

Why are these Africans allowing themselves to be corrupted like this ffs?!

"allowing themselves to be corrupted"?

cos it's all the evil white man's fault for tricking these poor africans into taking bribes?

the nigerian government and its institutions are corrupt as f*ck, rotten to the core

the nigerian government is just like the russian government....rotten to the core with everyone having a price

dunno if you took offence to what i said/that was supposed to be an insult to me?

cos what you said is true, except the russian fed. is worse

http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2010/results

i think the only places that rank worse than russia are either former-soviet-union or african countries with civil wars taking place

fact is hardly anybody in the nigerian gov cares about poor people in oil rich regions living in dirt poor conditions.. i swear the british police do more to go after the oil crooks than the nigerian authorities? i mean, from when nigerians are voting in regional politicans who've already been convicted of corruption it's their own fault

no offence taken....its the bloody truth.... the reason i was saying that is that nigeria and russia are the only two places i can think of where people become billionaires "mysteriously" with no indication of how they came into their money

lol yep, exactly

abramovich was a billionaire when he was in his early 30s. that is unheard of. especially for an orphaned child who grew up in some jewish peasant family in northern siberia, lol...

same for a lot of the other oligarchs

• Downvote 1

Bush Sr., James Baker Instrumental in Getting Nigeria to Drop Bribery Charges Against Cheney

Bush and Baker, whose law firm was hired by Halliburton in 2004 to handle the bribery allegations, participated in conference call discussions with senior Nigerian government officials, including the country's attorney general, Mohammed Adoke, last weekend on behalf of Cheney in an attempt to work out a settlement, according to a report published by an African news agency.

The negotiations took place in London and included Halliburton represenatives.

On Friday, Femi Babafemi, a spokesman for Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the agency that filed the 16-count indictment last week, said the case against Cheney, Halliburton and several other current and former executives has been "formally dropped."

Earlier this week, Babafemi said Halliburton agreed during negotiation talks to a "plea bargain" and to "pay $250 million in fines in lieu of prosecution." He said the Nigerian government accepted the terms of the settlement.

"I would have loved to see d*ck Cheney in chains in our court and facing justice in our prisons," said Celestine AkpoBari, program officer at Social Action Nigeria. "That would have been a very big point that would have lifted Nigeria out of its woes."

http://www.truth-out.org/bush-sr-jamesbaker-instrumental-getting-nigeria-drop-bribery-charges-against-cheney66049