How Did You Become A Lover Of Football?

Mame Biram Diouf

Guest Sun Tzu

my aunty a mad Utd fan and a combination of my young rebellious fashion + my love for dennis bergkamp i came to supporting arsenal

was reinforced when i met extended family who lived in islington and my uncle was a gunners season ticket holder

my love just kept on growing

Started when I got asked in primary school to play for a local team. Never watched/played before but that kickstarted me. My dad was never into football that much until he started watching me and watching matches with me.

First match I went to was at Old Trafford, Man Utd v Inter Milan in a friendly, 1996 i think? United lost 1-0.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Klitschko

Lol at thinking big moments dont make people support/watch football etc

Like saying Rocky never made anyone want to be a boxer :/

For the record I dont remember, for as long as I have memories i have memories of watching/going to football

I'm not sure if I liked it first so I was taken to matches, or if it was the other way round

Always remember playing it in the playground too

The first football programme I have a concious memory of watching was football Italia

and the first game I remember was on pc.....I don't remember what it was, but it had cheesy music at the start and a dub of John Motson saying 'GOOOOOOOOAL' and it sounded like he was bussing.

Going to matches when I was little was a bit indimidating to be fair, not that I was scared or anything, but it was the first time I'd experienced that sort of noise/swearing/shouting en masse