I am after a new Pc

The Somalian

Here is my final system, Still unsure on this company from the reviews, but like they say people who receive bad customer service are more likely to post bad reviews, they claim

They build 800 computers a week this is costing me £1050 (more than double than what I set out to spend lol.

CPU:

2068 - Intel Core i7 2600K

CPU Cooler:

3013 - NEW! Corsair H60 Water Cooler

Operating System:

11014 - Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Motherboard:

4131 - NEW! Asus P8Z68-V LX

Memory:

5039 - 8GB DDR3 1333mhz (2x 4GB)

Hard Drives:

6033 - NEW! Corsair 60GB Force3 SSD S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

Optical Drive:

7003 - 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA

Graphics card:

9033 - AMD Radeon HD 6970 2GB

Sound card:

10001 - Onboard 7.1 Audio

Internet:

13006 - Wireless 802.11N 300Mbps MIMO PCI card

Keyboard and mouse:

14102 - Logitech USB Keyboard

Accessories:

16012 - DVI cable

Case:

17044 - NEW! Zalman Z11 Plus

PSU:

18037 - NEW! 650W Corsair TX V2

Warranty:

1000 - 3 Year Bronze Warranty

I came across this barebone system

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/barebones/bb-i7278a.html

Main reason I did not want to build myself was putting in the processor this one has I7 2700k and a better motherboard and to build on top of it

The specs I want it cost the same. There are many tutorials on line if I get stuck do you reckon I should buy from Nova tech and build on top of it?

Only thing I am not sure about is installing the fan, but again there are many tutorials. Plus side I can have the computer up and running by next week

Just that I did not want to deal with doing the build myself. What do you reckon I should do? There should not be much difference in the 2600k and 2700k?

I don’t want to overclock it to a stupid rate either. What would you do?

Yeh the 2600k ans 2700k are basically the same.

Id say, watch loads of tutorials on the net (also search for the components that you want to buy and there normally is at least 1 install guide) Then if you think you have the time and patience to build it, i would go for it. You wont regret it when you do it, and then when it comes to upgrading/getting a new pc it will be a minor for you.

I felt the same way as you then I saw 15 year old kids and mums building pc's and thought allow it lol

All you esentially have to do its some screwing and pluging in.

attach mobo mounts to case

attach i/o faceplate to case

put cpu in and clamp it down

put ram in and clamp it down

attach heatsink mount to mobo (doesnt even require screws sometimes)

attach heatsink to mount

screw mobo to case

screw psu to case

etc

Cabling is cool, its either colour coded or can only fit into one slot. The hardest bit is routing all the cables through and around your case

But anyway, watch some tutorials then make up your mind.

• Upvote 1

Not sure, youll have to check that

If you take your time and do it properly it should take only a couple of hours till ur up anx running.

The unedited tutorial vids arent even that long a d they are explaining it at the same time.

So placed my order got this gonna wait a few weeks then buy a top graphics card

used the money from not getting a graphics card this time round on an extra 2TB hard drive

better Power supply

CPU: 2068 - Intel Core i7 2600K

CPU Cooler: 3013 - NEW! Corsair H60 Water Cooler

Operating System: 11014 - Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Motherboard: 4131 - NEW! Asus P8Z68-V LX

Memory: 5039 - 8GB DDR3 1333mhz (2x 4GB)

Hard Drives: 6033 - NEW! Corsair 60GB Force3 SSD S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s 2nd hard drive: 6017 - 2TB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s

Optical Drive: 7003 - 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA

Graphics card: 8038 - Onboard Video

Sound card: 10001 - Onboard 7.1 Audio

Internet: 13006 - Wireless 802.11N 300Mbps MIMO PCI card Accessories: 16012 - DVI cable

Case: 17044 - NEW! Zalman Z11 Plus

PSU: 18038 - NEW! 850W Corsair TX V2

Warranty: 1000 - 3 Year Bronze Warranty

• 2 weeks later...

Sent it back this morning hopefully it will be back by end of next week. Very pissed off I had planned to start moving stuff off of my old machine on to this one this weekend. Next time I read a review about a website and people saying not to use it I am 100% not gonna use it. Customer service was much better than what I had anticapated from reading reviews.

Want to get the 680 Graphics card but is that over kill? (I am picking it as I can see it lasting quite a few years)

http://www.overclock...tid=1914=

try www.overclockers.co.uk decent prices.

can customize your own PC

or just buy the parts in bundle packs for the cheapest deal (if you know how to put PC's together; they might make it for you if you buy they parts there- for a price im not sure)

DO NOT USE OVERCLOCKERS, THE OWNER IS A FULL ON RACIST

I have been using them for years, who's the owner / what's his story?

or just buy the parts in bundle packs for the cheapest deal (if you know how to put PC's together; they might make it for you if you buy they parts there- for a price im not sure)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Spie

Google 'Mark Proudfoot aka Spie racist'.

I used to be a member of OcUK forums back in like 01/02, and the sh*t he used to write back then was ridiculous. Pure BNP type stuff, and he had a team of 'dons' (moderators) who sucked his nuts and refused to get involved when people complained. He posted a thread showing the forum his sweet Ferrari, and then when another member came and posted a pic of HIS car in Spie's thread, Spie deleted the comment, and ended up permabanning the guy when he objected. The guy is an e-dictator.

Most of the threads he started got locked and then mysteriously vanished when the forum got nuked.

Not sure if he still controls it day to day, but check out the forum for some completely blinkered, subtle 'I'm not a racist, but..' kinda banter.

Threads like 'Why do Pakistanis smell'

Cool at the moment but safe though

They left a copy on windows 7 on the pc should I just leave it on there and enter my reg number or install my version from scratch ?

If its the same version it should be cool to just use ur reg.

http://www.urbandict...e.php?term=Spie

I used to be a member of OcUK forums back in like 01/02, and the sh*t he used to write back then was ridiculous. Pure BNP type stuff, and he had a team of 'dons' (moderators) who sucked his nuts and refused to get involved when people complained. He posted a thread showing the forum his sweet Ferrari, and then when another member came and posted a pic of HIS car in Spie's thread, Spie deleted the comment, and ended up permabanning the guy when he objected. The guy is an e-dictator.

Most of the threads he started got locked and then mysteriously vanished when the forum got nuked.

Not sure if he still controls it day to day, but check out the forum for some completely blinkered, subtle 'I'm not a racist, but..' kinda banter.

Seen, thanks for the heads up. I use the forum, mostly visit the hardware section though, but I do visit general chat when race problems are in the media as like you said 'I'm not a racist, but..' type comments usually start coming out. I thought it was just some of the users, I didn't know it extended to the people that run the site as well.

Anyway I wont be using them any more, been giving this prick my money for the last 10 years.

http://www.urbandict...e.php?term=Spie

Seen, thanks for the heads up. I use the forum, mostly visit the hardware section though, but I do visit general chat when race problems are in the media as like you said 'I'm not a racist, but..' type comments usually start coming out. I thought it was just some of the users, I didn't know it extended to the people that run the site as well.

Anyway I wont be using them any more, been giving this prick my money for the last 10 years.

http://the-sps.org/

Quite a jokes forum, basically full of people who've been banned from OCUK.