United Fans some good news

Admin.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nar my Angolonon brejin played in the same team as him as teenagers as said he was the best hes ever played with or seen at that age but got a growth spurt injury at 14 never been the same again

Its a shame will never know how good he could have been

lol @ not knowing this doe Alex and acting like you everything

Personally I like it

thing is it will have as much effect on the masses as anything else that has recently been happening at our shambolicly run club, its a token gesture but its something

I know people at the evening news have been contacted to run a story on it to bring attetntion to the situation but frankly the percentage of fans that KNOW wht is happening and CARE is a relatively small one and these are not the ones it'll appeal to

sad it wont do anything tbh

you have to pay them to get to the game to protest against them

Im not going on saturday but Ive been meaning to get a retro gold/green shirt for a while anyway as its one of my fav kits (Wrong reason I know)

but although I agree with the sentiment, and am fuming at the situation we are in, it would be a bit hypocritical of me to wear it TO THE GAME, especially as Im not going until city game next week (the ticket I was FORCED to buy by the Glazer due to the Auto cup scheme, even though I woulda gone anyway), wouldnt it? I literally dont even know thats the thing. Baffed.

I dont know if Im gonna renew my season ticket next year, this season has made me think alot about footy tbh and Im gonna pose a question in a next thread actually....

Dont renew next season

wear Green and gold if you want to but in reality the Glazer wont give two shits wether your wearing a pink shirt with blue shoes when you go to OT as long as your going to OT

this "form of protest" is a cop out the Glazer know they aren't liked and the couldnt give a toss as long as you ke4ep putting money in their pockest they'll hang around, they came for the money and wont go untill it dries up.

SIMPLE

the idea whilst showing unity is f*ck*ng STUPID as the Glazers will probably start selling green and gold products in the megastore and make money from that too, as a lot of fans will completly miss the point

and just for the record if we go unbeaten for the rest of the season, start playing like Champions again and win the league i fully expect most of the fans who are in uproar now to re-bury their heads in the sand.

couldnt agree more

the yankykes know they are hated and it doesn't matter

as long as the money is coming in

but as I said you have to PAY THEM, to go to OT to wear it

doesnt really make sense

Oh well im a hypocryte myself since I'll be at OT on wednesday

sorry but, city, evrton, liverpool, leeds, blackburn

have to be reached

this is why any form of protest is futile because the mass majority of Fans are unwilling to make the sacrifice which in the long run will be better for the club.

this is one of the reasons why fan ownership may not work in this country, a lot of fans cant see the bigger picture,

At Fc United we as members had the choice to either increase are wage budget (which is one of the lowest in the league) or to keep that extra cash to save for our stadium and we resoundingly voted to save for the stadium.

i beg fans of Big United start seeing the bigger picture before its too late, some may argue that it already is.

so where your green and gold while your buying your pies/programmes, phoning up to renew your season tickets and singing anti glazer songs and just know to yourself that they're laughing and planning how they are going to spend your money

so where your green and gold while your buying your pies/programmes, phoning up to renew your season tickets and singing anti glazer songs and just know to yourself that they're laughing and planning how they are going to spend your money

this is what im thinking. wouldnt make any sense wearing green and gold for that reason.

/

@ cipher, I dunno if it is too late tbh.

i hope its not anyway

May as well change this to the OFFICIAL UNITED THRED...

Manchester United have successfully raised £504million through a controversial bond issue that has caused some opposition from fans.

The money will enable United to pay off most of the club's current £509m debt and could help the Glazer family tackle the £202m payment in loans which continues to grow.

Red Devils officials, including chief executive David Gill, have been on a world tour to drum up interest in the bonds, which will run until February 2017.

Doubt was cast over the prospects of being able to sell them, but they have been over-subscribed.

However, the interest payment on the bonds will be £45m compared to the current £41million on the bank loans.

A spokesman for the Glazer family claimed the deal will bring a 'transparency' to United's finances for the next seven years.

The deal is expected to give the club's owners more flexibility in the running of the Old Trafford outfit, and could bring them leeway to make some new signings.

I hope to god the two cunts at our club do not go down this line... So far im hearing that perhaps G&H will sell off some of there stake in the club and use the money for the stadium, players etc...

United aren't in any real danger in the short term/near future its the long term that worries me.

and securing these bonds or investments from other areas was never a real issue

i wonder if Fergie will now be plunging into the transfer market, or will his stubborness/pride prevent him from doing whats right for the club again.

The full text of his notes posted on RI:

"One for all, and all for one... its a terrible cliche, but nevertheless it does sum up one of the essentials for success in team sport.

The family of Manchester United is under pressure as a result of all the issues and controversies surrounding the ownership and financial situation of the club that have been stirred up in the media.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to express disapproval if the don't like what they see around them. Just as it has always been the right of the fans to let it be known if they are not happy with the way their team are playing.

I'm not slow to express disapproval myself if something I don't agree with - even in the boardroom with the directors. But once I walk out of the meeting I get on with my job as manager of the team.

Some of our fans are clearly unhappy with the financial position, but we mustn't allow the situation to become divisive. The danger, as I see it, is that we could be presented as being split, which would be harmful and inaccurate because I believe the vast majority of United fans are behind us and appreciate the importance of standing together in support of the team.

I could see our opponents rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of watching us fall out among ourselves if we don't all think carefully about what we are doing.

We must not lose our focus - which, from where I stand, is about building a strong football team that will win trophies. That's what we are about, or at least should be.

We must remain loyal to the cause of Manchester United. The staff and players should be quite one-eyed about that, and stay true to the history of the club and all the work done by Sir Matt Busby and the other managers who have contributed to creating the great club we have at Old Trafford today.

This is not about stifling criticism; it's simply a plea to stand together rather than take action that will damage ourselves more than anyone else.

Manchester United is bigger than me, the players, the directors, officials and the fans. And particularly at this critical stage of our season, we need to pull in the same direction.

It would be a shame to lose our concentration now because I can really see light at the end of the tunnel as we ready ourselves to push for the championship."

more rubbish from SAF

basically saying don't cause a uproar just accept the way it is and keep giving your money as usual

my uncle owns a few of the stalls there an he also thinks its dumb, but the way he see's it as long as the Glazers dont profit its all good.

because i give it a week before they start selling green and gold products in the megastore, and most people will just buy into it thinking its the new fashion

I wouldnt stand with those idiots if you paid me

i was there in 2005 protesting, f*ck these guys

alot of these are probably the same people who'd call me a judas, and now they can see whats happening they wanna sing from our hymm sheet

d*ckheads,

Let them keep paying their money while Glazer rakes it in untill the penny drops in their tiny little minds

FOOLS

I'VE BEEN PROTESTING SINCE 2005 i understood what was happening before the money stopped being spent, the form dried up abit and a few scary News reports came out.

Yes i'm bitter. and sceptical about these guys, if United win the league and do well in the CL these guys will dissapear again Mark my words