Why does it take so long to extract a rar file?

L

When was the last time you de-fragged? Does this only happen when you de compress big files?Remember its not just the HD. The connection of the HD matters aswell.
It aint coz my HD's fragmented, its done this from day.. my hard drive is connected via sata.. If there's a sata 2 i take it i need to get a new Sata interface to benefit?

When was the last time you de-fragged? Does this only happen when you de compress big files?Remember its not just the HD. The connection of the HD matters aswell.
It aint coz my HD's fragmented, its done this from day.. my hard drive is connected via sata.. If there's a sata 2 i take it i need to get a new Sata interface to benefit?
This is why my auto-extract of all rar and par2 files = >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is why my auto-extract of all rar and par2 files = >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I have that, but it's still a c*nt

I have that, but it's still a c*nt
What do you use?

i see, so multi-threadin is the way forward. i found this amd dual core optimizer in my upset mission to prove you wrong, if any of yous has amd dual core and are runnin xp you may want to look at thishttp://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=60416 - infohttp://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_ty...ities/Setup.exe - link to download