Old lady surfing Web at 40 gigabits-per-second

O.Man

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what M12 is right.Film and music would die if speeds like these came into fruition.I've actually started buying CD's again and wiping the dust from my Hi-Fi.
Why?Youd still have the clueless users who wouldnt know how to get the most from their connection.Its just speed, things can be done quicker, thats all.

they need to shut this down. it actually spells the end for music,film and tv actually making money
unless they actually adapt to the technology instead of using old methods
how can they adapt though on a level.you can never make any sane person pay for music over the internet when a free link of the same quality can be obtained just as easily. same can be said for film
not if they dnt know where the free link is
thtas not gonna be the case in the futurethe internet has been around for a while and most people kno how to get free stuff right nowfew yrs bak it was jus the computer heads who knew about downloadin now every body does itiwith time its jus gonna get worse

You know what M12 is right.Film and music would die if speeds like these came into fruition.I've actually started buying CD's again and wiping the dust from my Hi-Fi.
Why?Youd still have the clueless users who wouldnt know how to get the most from their connection.Its just speed, things can be done quicker, thats all.
imagine people are still clueless.if it takes 3 seconds to download a full dvd quality film. I'd start bootleggin myself , ridiculously easy money. and i know a lotta you would too. Either way the artist or film company aint gonna be seeing a lot of cash

theres still certain people who dont even know what a torrent is or what P2P meansthe best thing to do for them is not even mention that films can be downloaded online, but instead just put them out onlinea service where you can just stream HD films to your TV would be sick, so thatway the non techies dnt even have to know what hard drive space isbut would kill on bandwidth

Be real man.Only people that may not know how to maximise they're connections are 50+ years old, even then some of these clueless people are learning.

imagine people are still clueless.if it takes 3 seconds to download a full dvd quality film. I'd start bootleggin myself , ridiculously easy money. and i know a lotta you would too. Either way the artist or film company aint gonna be seeing a lot of cash
People bootlegg already, people (including me once upon a time) been bootlegging for years.Theres NOTHING really stopping you from doing it now, speeds are nice enough at this very moment to make P off it.The only thing that will kill off music and film is the knowledge of things such as Torrents, Mirc etc... becoming known by the majority of internet users.

Be real man.Only people that may not know how to maximise they're connections are 50+ years old, even then some of these clueless people are learning.
Youre naive if you think this.
I'm not saying there aren't the clueless sort that do not know the wonders of free downloads. But people are learning.My Uncle who is close to 70 years old has started learning and next old people in my fam have started learning these things, people are not as clueless as they once were. Think of the future 20 years down the line the older middle aged folks will be us and we are likely to be computer literate and have the knowledge of how to download, like the teens of the future.So if the majority of the population know how to download then what does this spell for the music and film industry. It is heading that way.

I should start bootlegging. I can get releases before the DVD guys.
and if it was only gonna take you 3 seconds to download these films the incentive to do so is far increased than now when you're waiting at VERY least an hour for your 1.4gb dvd rip

I'm not saying there aren't the clueless sort that do not know the wonders of free downloads. But people are learning.My Uncle who is close to 70 years old has started learning and next old people in my fam have started learning these things, people are not as clueless as they once were. Think of the future 20 years down the line the older middle aged folks will be us and we are likely to be computer literate and have the knowledge of how to download, like the teens of the future.So if the majority of the population know how to download then what does this spell for the music and film industry. It is heading that way.
If everything goes as you said it would have been knowledge that killed the music and film industry.Not speeds.The music and film industry could be dead today, if everyone knew what we knew.You can download certain albums, films and shot them on Ebay right now, y?Because the average Internet user is absolutely clueless.

If everything goes as you said it would have been knowledge that killed the music and film industry.Not speeds.The music and film industry could be dead today, if everyone knew what we knew.You can download certain albums, films and shot them on Ebay right now, y?Because the average Internet user is absolutely clueless.
I see your point.

and if it was only gonna take you 3 seconds to download these films the incentive to do so is far increased than now when you're waiting at VERY least an hour for your 1.4gb dvd rip
Ultimately you have to be proactive to take advantage of such things.Thats why some people make money in this world and some dont, some people know what it takes to make money but they dont make no moves.3 second downloads would kill the bootlegger also because the competition would be rife, it wouldnt be worth you tryna shot something because you would prolly only be able to shot it for £1 due to the guy across the road from you on the same hustle.

Ultimately you have to be proactive to take advantage of such things.Thats why some people make money in this world and some dont, some people know what it takes to make money but they dont make no moves.3 second downloads would kill the bootlegger also because the competition would be rife, it wouldnt be worth you tryna shot something because you would prolly only be able to shot it for £1 due to the guy across the road from you on the same hustle.
Was thinking the same thing.Toney you're smart guy.

boomman like your sunday market rasta dvd guy wouldnt even botherinternet users would have the luxury of downloading whole movies from their yard in the time it takesto get ready for beddvd man wont be banging off your doorand vice versayou could even make moneys off your bredrins like i dothem man cant be arsed to download sh*t like photoshop or cubase or other softwarethem suttin sit on my computer for these situations and i make credit pee off itminor