Lassana Diarra Signs

MrJibbles

diarra would b better in a 3man centre mid/5man midfield sitting @ the bottom of itrather than a central pairing in a 4-4-2i think diaby/denilson r better in a 4-4-2so wenger must b looking 2 b able 2 switch that upi wanna c how it pans out though..i dont ever expect 2 c song/flamini play again

ona real hes gilbertos long term successorwenger dnt like playin cesc/diaby, cesc/denilsonhe baitly didnt wanna wait. im still pissed tho
Yep it's bait.Denilson & Diaby are becoming more attacking every game, Wenger doesn't want to stifle their creativity by telling them to sit back & hold.Diarra will be our starting DM next season.A winger would of been nice but maybe in January we'll see one. Fortunately we have three fowards who can play wide if necessary.

Lassana Diarra has stated he left Chelsea for Arsenal as he needed more first-team football.The French midfielder, who secured a transfer deadline day switch to The Gunners, felt he was too far down The Blues' pecking order to make an impact.The 22-year-old spent two seasons at Stamford Bridge after joining from Le Havre, but made just nine Premier League starts under Jose Mourinho.Diarra feels he will have a greater chance of playing at Arsenal, although he acknowledges he is not guaranteed first-team football under Arsene Wenger either."I needed to play and get more time on the pitch and I don't think it would be possible at Chelsea," he said in The Sun."At Chelsea, we had Michael Ballack, Frank Lampard, Claude Makelele and Michael Essien in midfield."I know it will be tough to make it at Arsenal as well. I have no guarantee from Arsene Wenger I will play all the time but I am sure that it will be okay."I know I will play big matches in the league and even in the Champions League."
Hmm...

Lol at his shiney headpieceStill he looks pleased to be joining the squad

Lassana Diarra has stated he left Chelsea for Arsenal as he needed more first-team football.The French midfielder, who secured a transfer deadline day switch to The Gunners, felt he was too far down The Blues' pecking order to make an impact.The 22-year-old spent two seasons at Stamford Bridge after joining from Le Havre, but made just nine Premier League starts under Jose Mourinho.Diarra feels he will have a greater chance of playing at Arsenal, although he acknowledges he is not guaranteed first-team football under Arsene Wenger either."I needed to play and get more time on the pitch and I don't think it would be possible at Chelsea," he said in The Sun."At Chelsea, we had Michael Ballack, Frank Lampard, Claude Makelele and Michael Essien in midfield."I know it will be tough to make it at Arsenal as well. I have no guarantee from Arsene Wenger I will play all the time but I am sure that it will be okay."I know I will play big matches in the league and even in the Champions League."
Lassana Diarra claims Chelsea thought he would cave in and sign a new contract at Stamford Bridge before finally agreeing to sell him to Arsenal.The French midfielder left The Blues on transfer deadline day for an undisclosed fee after rejecting numerous offers to extend his contract, which was due to expire at the end of the season."Honestly, I believe the Chelsea officials thought I would crack and finally accept a contract extension, as my contract would have been up in 2008," Diarra told L'Equipe."But I refused every extension and now I have signed a three-year deal with The Gunners. Chelsea finally accepted, maybe because they were scared I would leave for free in one year."Diarra has revealed that he only learned a move to Arsenal was in the pipeline one hour before the transfer window closed, but was delighted when his switch to Emirates Stadium was completed.The 22-year-old is rumoured to have been interesting Tottenham, Portsmouth, Newcastle and Lyon, though Arsenal were the only club he wanted to leave Chelsea for."At 11pm on Friday night, I got a phone call to tell me I could start to negotiate with Arsenal as both clubs had found an agreement," he said."I didn't hesitate because Arsenal was the only club I wanted to join. It was Arsenal or nothing. Other teams contacted me, but I knew what I wanted. Chelsea knew I wanted to join The Gunners."