LG Viewty

Skeletone

my friends got it, poor mans iPhone
every1 saying its better then the iphone. plus iphones a rip off.anyway the only major difference is that the iphone has got wifi.
well i don't think so, it's quite frustrating to use and the features aren't as good
Oh tru.Ill just see what its like when it comes still.

Free gift = You got a sh*t price planIt's like mobile phone contracts are the new 'finance'.. bare people paying over the odds for contracts to get 'free gifts'
the price plan is pretty good IMO.not too bothered about the free ipod, cuz i can just put music on my fone anyway!Just orange are giving away free ipods with price plans £30+.

You know what. I intially I thought the Viewty was an iphone killer.Why? Well superior camera, cheaper, open to more networks, HSDPA.But yesterday I ran into a friend and used her phone extensively after telling her I was thinking of getting it. Thr controls are fiddly, even more so than the iphone. I found myself having to press buttons on the touch screen numerous times to get a response. The tactile feedback you are meant to receive from the screen was almost non-existent.The mp3 player is fiddly, scrolling your song lists is very limited alot of the time (unlike the iphone). You basically have to start a new playlist if you wish to quick scroll your songs and even then it's not always responsive when using your fingers (using the stylus isn't much better).Feature wise this phone is up there with the top dogs but I found usability to be poor.If anyone else has better experiences feel free to disclose them but I was very dissappointed.For me the iphone is better.

BTW the price plan seems a bit sh*t to me.If you don't call much and are more of a texter then I guess it is fine (even though I think it is still overpriced for what you are receiving).I pay the same amount for 900mins (or 1800 texts), 10000 off-peak xnet mins, unlimited anytime landline calls and W'n'W.Although I have got probably the best contracts available especially for the price (which is no longer available), there are better contracts you could have gone for in my view and probably for cheaper.Orange are well dodgy aswell (you may find that you are overcharged) as was my experience with them. I would cancel the contract if I were you and do some research for better contracts.N95>>>>Viewty.

I am seriously considering getting the 3g iphone when it is released in Europe in the summer.Rumour has it that they may also bring out a 16gb version and that version of the iphone may be available on multiple networks (don't know whether this is true especially considering 02 and it's current exclusivity rights).But if all of the above is true then that's me.Despite the iphones flaws, it is still a very good piece of kit.