What is ur Plan A?

Doug

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a big misconception though about "not working for someone else and doing the normal 9-5"this is kind of hyped. its not as if the chairman of barclays bank who works 9-5 and works on behalf of the shareholders is crying about not running his own business.just cos someone owns a business doesnt mean he's raking in cash like no one in an office can. if that 'businessman' should lose his key potential to earn money i.e. a barber losing the use of his hands, then he effectively loses his business. then what?people can earn $500,000 a year easily "working for someone else", and it is never about what you earn, but always about what you keep.so it doesnt matter if you're on a 30k salary, its about being educated about making money work for you.if you have a passion about something and see a gap in the market then of course starting a business is a good step,but some people just use that dont wanna do a 9-5 cos they are lazy or just have terrible communication skills so cant work well with people or authority..and wont even be able to run their own business.
For the 1st 2 quotes yeah thats defo true, but those people right at the top of the working tree and on that money are about as rare as successful rich businessmen.lol at the last bityoure right, but those people are only fooling themselves, they are quite easy to spot as well.
i used chairman of barclays cos he's the highest earning salaried individual in the UK. i dont know his full background, but he woudlve got a degree, and moved up the ranks working in an office on a 9-5.many other people close to me have done similar (uni, masters, work..work and work) and earned salaries and are financially stable what i mean is you don't have to be a business man to be financially independent or financially secure. this is open to anyone who learns how money really works. cos theres many struggling biz men too just living day to day,

Personally i dont really understand when i see dudes tellin me their plans for the future, and how grand it will be when they aint in education.But then again, Kanye and Bill Gates reached billionaire without college so i wont be too closed minded.But my question is, if u AINT in college or skool, wtf is ur Plan A to get rich?
you'll find few rich motherf*ckers who got rich via school or college.Most people got rich through business ventures, investing, or opportunities after working there way up a company.

my plan A is to run my own business.... and exploit the market on some sick levels
that my friend is the way you play the game in life.Run legit, but where u can get your extra p in, pay as little to the government as physically possible there only gonna use your p's to pay for benefits of immigrants and bombing innocent iraqi's and afgan's

i own 2 business's n i develop them n other stuff i have running by reinvesting.Simply.Business is nothing to do with certificates.but all to do with experience, decisions and choices.The good business man needs to read first to train there mind for making these good decisions.To play a game u need to know the rules and to benefit yourself in anything you need to understand something from a high level.

i used chairman of barclays cos he's the highest earning salaried individual in the UK. i dont know his full background, but he woudlve got a degree, and moved up the ranks working in an office on a 9-5.many other people close to me have done similar (uni, masters, work..work and work) and earned salaries and are financially stable what i mean is you don't have to be a business man to be financially independent or financially secure. this is open to anyone who learns how money really works. cos theres many struggling biz men too just living day to day,
Oh seen.He MAY not have a degree though, the chairman of BT came to my Uni once to give us a talk and he said he dropped out, said his dad was horrified.Yeah youre right, you defo dont have to be a bizman to be secure, most business' flop anyway.Stats are there but its all about the individual at the end of the day init, how much they want it and how hard they are willing to work for it.

I have investment banker friends whose earnings piss all over what amateur businessmen make. Being educated and rich is just as possible, in fact statistically more likely, than being uneducated and lucky in business.Get a GOOD f*ck*ng education people.
Not a fair comparison, your friends earn more than the majority of the population im guessing so you would have to put them in the Upper category of 9-5ivers.Compare them to the Upper category of businessmen's earnings.

I have investment banker friends whose earnings piss all over what amateur businessmen make. Being educated and rich is just as possible, in fact statistically more likely, than being uneducated and lucky in business.Get a GOOD f*ck*ng education people.
Not a fair comparison, your friends earn more than the majority of the population im guessing so you would have to put them in the Upper category of 9-5ivers.Compare them to the Upper category of businessmen's earnings.
Look at the Forbes rich list...most of them are/were bankers, or have backgrounds in finance.Bill Gates went to Harvard...yes he dropped out, but the fact that he was there is indicative of his mental acumen. You make out as if it's all about who wants it more, which to some extent is true, but you actually have to have some talent.Also, look at the backgrounds of those who are successful having dropped out. More often than not they had money around them growing up. Even Branson, from time when man was going to public school, then he had money.Wealth breeds wealth. How many guys are there who've come from the bottom of the barrel to succeed in business? Not as many as those who already had money.

Look at the Forbes rich list...most of them are/were bankers, or have backgrounds in finance.Bill Gates went to Harvard...yes he dropped out, but the fact that he was there is indicative of his mental acumen. You make out as if it's all about who wants it more, which to some extent is true, but you actually have to have some talent.Also, look at the backgrounds of those who are successful having dropped out. More often than not they had money around them growing up. Even Branson, from time when man was going to public school, then he had money.Wealth breeds wealth. How many guys are there who've come from the bottom of the barrel to succeed in business? Not as many as those who already had money.
I couldnt agree with you more, of course you need brains.

toney, a smart 25yr old can get into investment banking, derivatives, and be earning up to 1m in salary and bonuses, within 3-5yrs.a well heeled 25yr old programmer in database design can work for a top bank and get over 100k in his 1st yri mentioned my friend who blew 250k in 2 yrs on online gambling sometime ago, he worked for a fund management. all these are 9-5ers office workers, who are not at the top levels of their fields. being an owner of ur own business gives you ultimate freedom for the most part. but even then, thats not for al biz men.. many have to work 7 days a week for longer hours than many in an office, and for less take home pay.

toney, a smart 25yr old can get into investment banking, derivatives, and be earning up to 1m in salary and bonuses, within 3-5yrs.a well heeled 25yr old programmer in database design can work for a top bank and get over 100k in his 1st yri mentioned my friend who blew 250k in 2 yrs on online gambling sometime ago, he worked for a fund management. all these are 9-5ers office workers, who are not at the top levels of their fields. being an owner of ur own business gives you ultimate freedom for the most part. but even then, thats not for al biz men.. many have to work 7 days a week for longer hours than many in an office, and for less take home pay.
That still is ridiculously above the average wage or what normal working people will EVER see.

im goin to get my degree n try to enjoy my last yr (i don't uni)then go travelling for a yr (started saving already)Then when i come back start looking for work as a jeweller/sliversmith,and with a bit of luck and experience i go on to become a technician at a collage/uni.I don't wanna chase money, jus be comfortable biggrin.gif

That still is ridiculously above the average wage or what normal working people will EVER see.
I don't get what point you're trying to make though...you spoke about Branson and the like, but in terms of entrepreneurs, they're just as rare as normal businessmen who have to grind seven days a week at what they do to end up with an above average salary...It's very rare that people become cash millionaires through business. Asset millionaires are a different thing, but even then, you're still needing to work like a madman to maintain the assets.

So true, got bare friends who are earning £25-30k starting but if they stay on are guaranteed 50K+ a yr, they are not all Investment bankers. Investment bankers get 70K-100k+ Being an Investment banker is like being a footballer, only the best get in, everyone wants to be an investment banker. I'd rather be an Investment banker than run my own business anyday. Guaranteed income, retire in your 20s, have a family, live life. Nuts!!!.

I don't get what point you're trying to make though...you spoke about Branson and the like, but in terms of entrepreneurs, they're just as rare as normal businessmen who have to grind seven days a week at what they do to end up with an above average salary...It's very rare that people become cash millionaires through business. Asset millionaires are a different thing, but even then, you're still needing to work like a madman to maintain the assets.
Im not sitting on any particular side of the fence, the topic was made implying you cannot get rich without finishing school, which isnt necessarily true.Of course its rare to get rich through business, but equally so to get rich through a 9-5.You can be very comfortable from both avenues though, but rich is another thing.