Recommend A Dubstep Track...

Guest faze

the kryptic minds album is out on monday

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=BLACKBOX012

quite a few sick releases been comin out recently, makes me wanna get back on the mixing. aint had a mix since november when i started revising for exams, then after them i got black ops and now just play that in most my free time instead. will probably get back onto the mixing in the summer when uni is done and buy a fat load of vinyls to catch up

^ dont know how u do it man, i try and be open minded and not an elitist prick but whenever i hear these bait filth tunes at a rave it just makes me cringe...think i'm immune to the hype

the kryptic minds album is out on monday

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=BLACKBOX012

quite a few sick releases been comin out recently, makes me wanna get back on the mixing. aint had a mix since november when i started revising for exams, then after them i got black ops and now just play that in most my free time instead. will probably get back onto the mixing in the summer when uni is done and buy a fat load of vinyls to catch up

rah didnt even know abt this... love 'the fifth' that tune is too cold dnt know the other tunes by name but defo gna cop this.

/ what are these sick releases u speak of? only thing i been looking fwd to lately is the kromestar album otherwise i thought this yr was a bit dead release-wise (apart from deep medis)

any1 else aware that 1xtra now has a DAILY slot for dubstep?? Daily u know. cant hate on it cos the exposure's good for the artists and i've heard a couple decent tunes being played but i dont understand the f*ck*ng point as surely the vast majority of ppl listening are listening on some shitty tinny radio speakers with no sub? not to mention the fact they're at least 5/6 yrs too late, cunts.

dj madd - battle/secrets

dj madd - pitch black/new reality

goth trad - sun beam

vivek - pulse/roots

icicle - breathing again/redemption (watch out for his album too)

j kenzo - roteks/protected (forthcoming)

j kenzo - nocturnal (forthcoming)

+ some decent boddika and instra:mental tunes have just come out.

theres quite a bit.

/

co-sign the immunity to the OTT tear out/bait filth.

might be a bit of a sin to say, but i dont really get excited about any coki tunes at all these days. even his best stuff like horrid henry and tree trunk i just find rinsed to death and boring. whenever that stuff gets played at dmz i just feel to go outside. it always gets a crazy amount of wheels and cos its so rinsed too me all of that stuff and the hype seems well forced (which is partly true)

in general, some tear out is actually good tho and when worked into a set properly it will have me skanking...

but a lot of the stuff out there isn't produced that well and mainly unoriginal.

any1 else aware that 1xtra now has a DAILY slot for dubstep?? Daily u know. cant hate on it cos the exposure's good for the artists and i've heard a couple decent tunes being played but i dont understand the f*ck*ng point as surely the vast majority of ppl listening are listening on some shitty tinny radio speakers with no sub? not to mention the fact they're at least 5/6 yrs too late, cunts.

lol dubstep in the mainstream eye aint really about the sub tho. sure they hear people say its about the bass, they may even get a bit of bass out of whatever they hear it on.....but they aint feeling the proper weight or understanding what all of thats about.

that is if they even get to hear those kind of tunes on 1xtra. a lot of the dancefloor stuff and tear out is what gets pushed through those avenues, which is no big suprise cos its obviously more mainstream friendly. the name dubstep tho is a bit ambigious cos the genre is so wide, it was fine wen everything was close lit but now its all fanned out it dnt really seem like its cutting it.

still it will have to do i suppose. the worst thing that could happen is if sub genre names started to get properly defined. i kno brostep is a word thats thrown about a lot but it aint a genre, its just a joke. best to keep it the way it is so all parts of the genre can still mix and push creativity and innovation. when lines get drawn and borders get put up the music gets stuck and stereotypes and sh*t hold stuff back.