Recommend A Dubstep Track...

Guest faze

lol.

go to the bi-monthly ones at the mass or the ones in leeds maybe, they are still along the same lines. the bday is way too hyped (although it does deserve it), its nobodys fault its just how far dubstep reaches these days and the venue just couldnt cope with that amount of people.

5th bday was packed aswell but the A/C was workin then and there was never that many ppl.

its a bit long the way its gotten so mad at the bdays but i guess it was expected. hope they change the venue for the bdays and do tickets or sumin to regulate that mental crowd, then i may consider going. although a dmz thats not at the mass would feel wierd. i think coronet would do good for the bdays though.

all about the bi-monthly dmz nights tho, especially the blaze down. proper vibes still goin.

this sums it up nicely. makes it look proper hype, seems like a better night then what i had lol. it was definately lively no doubt, but the conditions were a bit much n made it difficult to enjoy fully imo + i was pretty lean and drunk so was gettin merked by the heat and crampedness lol.

forward to youngsta's set at 10:48 tho, can just tell from that clip it was gonna be epic. wernt ment to be tho, pisstake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeSyxCj66PA

• Upvote 2

By the looks of that vid I would have hated DMZ.

Hope the c*nt who threw water got kicked the f*ck out.

You know when there are DJ's like Youngsta/Kryptic Minds play at a night like that, do the crowd respond the same as they would do if it was say Skream & Benga? I only ask because everytime ive seen dj's who play the darker slower side of dubstep, the crowd thins out majorly and I can remember seeing PInch on the sam bill as Mala, and because there was a stage set up for Scientist & The Upsetters the WHOLE CROWD apart from me, my bredrin and 3 other lads were facing the wrong way. The wrong f*ck*ng way. Couldnt believe it. And the mic didnt work for Scientist. Aint been to a rave since. That was November,

ye the girl got chucked out apparently. the water was from a 1 litre bottle that belonged to Si from kryptic minds....so she nicked it and decided to chuck it everywere which is a proper cuntish thing to do anyways. but to f*ck up the mixer ontop of it was a violation, theres no way she could stay after that.

altho there was other things that made the night a bit difficult, that did ruin my night and im sure it did for others aswell.

in terms of the crowd, well after mystikz play people generally tend to leave regardless because some tend to go home at that time but in this case i think it was more so because the conditions in room 1 were too much and people didnt wanna stay for skream and benga. so the room was generally a bit thinner but still quite filled when youngsta came on. i did notice people leaving but really it just made me happier because i wanted the space and the heat to drop so i could enjoy it.

space definately works for me, i dont care if the rooms thin, as long as the crowd that is there are responding. i guess in terms of reaction tho, ye the crowd goes a bit more mental for the hype dj's but at dmz the deep sets do go down nicely aswell allbeit with a smaller crowd. its just the way the genre is skewed and because its so big you can see it even at dmz to an extent - that is people go for it more when the tear out is played. but it dont matter cos you still get proper bass heads into the more subby stuff who support it at dmz, well you used to anyways i dunno now.

this reminds me of when kryptic minds played a graveyard set at dmz and the crowd generally left to go home (not so much because of the music but because of tierdness etc) but those who did stick it out got a real treat. was about 20-30 of us in the main room with tune after tune on that system with nice space to skank, was probably one of the best sets i've seen at dmz in recent times.

Some nice stuff.. safe.. Ive slowly been going off "dubstep" tbh not really hearing they type of chunes i like, well not enough anyway.. :(

Then again a few years back i was proper finding out the unknown bits and the new producers n stuff, not so much now.

Seems like its all breaking off.

You got the usual suspects, then you got the chicago type 808s like addison groove n that

then you got the future'ish stuff ( if you want to call it that ) and some acid'y type/progressive ish come through.

but i guess its always been like that, just different sounds. But im only really noticing it now for some reason. *

/

These are large.

its just gotten too large for me and it was more exciting when it was on the come up (not to say its not still enjoyable) but now its at a sort of semi-stable peak. not to say it wont change in the future but its kind of slowed down a bit.

its always had that wide variety of sounds, its just it becomes more apparent the more people push each part. because there is just too much music i just listen to the dj's and artists im feeling most and stick with them. try to sometimes vary it but i hardly scope for new artists these days, only if i hear lots of sh*t by them on radio like with sleeper and district.

still theres definately a lot of good music to enjoy.