Academic Thread

Yoshie

I took a philosophy course as one of my choices and then switched to something else because I personally found it sh*t. I prefer politics because we still will cover philosophy but it will be along side a variety of other things to kep it interesting. Depends on the individual I suppose. I remember on this site before I started Uni, a few people were saying Politics is so boring but I really love it.

Regards to which has better reputation, a degree is a degree and in our current climate, both leave you with a huge debt and some still cannot get a job in maccy dees.

politics is f*ck*ng WACK at A-level

i'm sure it's better at uni tho

I wouldn't know about A-level and know what, maybe Politics at certain Universities is sh*t, but I love my lecturers. They are deep and are like tin openers, they open our minds up and get us thinking critically about lots of things.

Regards to which has better reputation, a degree is a degree

Bullshit.

When you're doing a subject like that, institution prestige is everything.

Not really to be honest. I still have access to government opportunities the same way anyone else would and that has nothing to do with University prestige. It's not what you know, it's who you know and that's all through networking.