Turnkey

Bruno Di Gradi

Turnkey and Sound Control File for AdministrationTurnkey and Sound Control News: We are saddened to hear that many of our music industry colleagues at Sound Control Holdings, Sound Control Musical Instrument Stores and Turnkey (Music Technology Supplier) have been made redundant*.Sound Control and Turnkey filed for administration on 30th April 2008. The Turnkey website currently states: “Whilst the Sound Control group remains in administration, no orders can be placed on this website”.The Daily Telegraph comments: “Britain's largest musical instrument retailer Sound Control Holdings has fallen victim to competition from the internet, appointing Deloitte as administrator, which has made 163 staff redundant.”

i think they are guna be bought out by a different companywas speakin to the manager of my local music tech shop & he said hes got something massive planned but wouldnt say whatthey already bought 3 of the biggest sound controls in the country so im guessin it could be a takeover

Not suprised.I know sound control is shut down now ( the on in Tottenham Courtroad).Turnkey is still running tho. Digivillage at chadwell heath packed up as well. But I heard they have re-opened somehwere in Romford now.

• 3 weeks later...