ViP2 Amateur Football Thread

Flojo

I'm good at set peices, although I take them NOTHING like CR7, and yea we was powerleauging for a while but now the booking has ceased and there arent any places availible for about a year...Definately need to do some HIIT training though@ Lieu, nah, Millwall Fc :S

Used to have the Thierry Henry style of free-kick on lock a couple seasons back but stopped practising.Also tried the CR style, nearly broke couple metatarsals(sp)
LMFAOYou either risk your metatarsals or your toes...The way you have to properly DIG your foot in the space between the ground and the ball is disgusting. And the thing that's even more f*cked is that your leg has to be straight when you strike the ball which is MUCH harder than most think after you've taken the run-up...

If you're struggling for fitness, try to get in some decent 5-a-side, train 11-a-side and if your 11-a-side team ain't serious, then simply go jogging as much as you can and do HIIT...I STRONGLY recommend HIIT because with football, you're always moving at alternate speeds and in alternate directions.Drink bare water too.
Another thing that infuriates me is pre-season training.How the f*ck are u gonna have man running hills for 2 hours.When the f*ck is it likely im gonna have to run over rocks for 2 hours in a game of football.Short sharp stuff is much more specific and beneficial to a game of football.
Nah, pre-season training is sick...The long-distance sh*t is good for gradually building up your engine/stamina but the short stuff is for actual match situations because when you think about it, you're not on the ball for an actual long time...Long-distance mixed with HIIT and you're laughing fitness-wise in matches
Nah man, that long distance sh*t is good as a base for your fitness. Don't need to be doing that all the time though, not exactly the sort of fitness your looking for as a baller(not saying it's detremental or anything though). But in match situations u will walk, sprint and jog. So you are better off doing 10-50m sprints with a jog recovery(just an example)

Used to have the Thierry Henry style of free-kick on lock a couple seasons back but stopped practising.Also tried the CR style, nearly broke couple metatarsals(sp)
LMFAOYou either risk your metatarsals or your toes...The way you have to properly DIG your foot in the space between the ground and the ball is disgusting. And the thing that's even more f*cked is that your leg has to be straight when you strike the ball which is MUCH harder than most think after you've taken the run-up...
lmao @ the breaking, its true though..Beckhams/Figo technique ftwBeen catting beckhams since I was like 8, had it perfect at the time when I was like 15. Now have combined it with a more..versatle techniquelol @ me making it sound like you mix a drinkWhatd the two of you say your strengths/things you are best at are?

I'm good at set peices, although I take them NOTHING like CR7, and yea we was powerleauging for a while but now the booking has ceased and there arent any places availible for about a year...Definately need to do some HIIT training though@ Lieu, nah, Millwall Fc :S
:/ just gonna jump straight from powerleague into a pro team?or am i missing something

:/ just gonna jump straight from powerleague into a pro team?or am i missing something
Lol nah nah Going to go and see about tryouts, there were some recently for 10-14's 15-18s and 18-21'sI only say millwall sine I was involved in the youth scheme but eventually pulled out

lmao @ the breaking, its true though..Beckhams/Figo technique ftwBeen catting beckhams since I was like 8, had it perfect at the time when I was like 15. Now have combined it with a more..versatle techniquelol @ me making it sound like you mix a drinkWhatd the two of you say your strengths/things you are best at are?
Strengths:Composure in front of goalLinking play between midfield and strikersBoth footedPace + StrengthSkill"ability to produce something different"Weaknesses:Heading(but has improved alot over the last year)ComplacencyTrying to do too much

Both my strengths I'd say are mental...Footballing brainVersatilityI think having a brain is studying the game whilst you participate in it and the use of space...One of the players who played in the Ajax 'Total Football' teams had the sickest quote when it came to football and it was:
''Space and the creation of it were central to the concept of Total Football. Ajax defender Barry Hulshoff explained how the team that won the European Cup in 1971, 1972 and 1973 worked it to their advantage: "We discussed space the whole time. Johan Cruyff always talked about where people should run and where they should stand, and when they should not move.''
My versatility comes from not knowing where I'd wanted to play till I was like 19. When I used to play for my Under 15's team, coach would be giving out positions before the game, turn to me and go, ''Mickey, you have a free role, do what you do''LMAOGeneral strengths: Footballing brainGood passer of the ball with both feetSick at tacklingSolid headerVery good techniqueCreativeDisciplinedWeaknesses:Poor decision making at timesNeed to improve my shooting with left foot

btw techers is on point like a pin, both feet.LOL a lot of people always think that to have sick movement and to create space you need to move and jump about and sh*t but sometimes the best and most effective thing to do is stand still. Ahh im getting frustrated. This football syndrome is getting me mad tho, i', going bed f*ck this.

Lol free role you knowm, sickFor myself Two footedFastGood tacklerGood in the air (in a berbatov vs. hyypia way)NO discipline thoughPhysical (this is wierd....cuz Im tall but im not wide or big, but Im never moved off the ball...meh, I guess football wise im built like Viera, pure lankyness)n I know how to play football, well.Wierd I find when I play football...I model myself & play like who I have watchedFor example my main left-footed inspiration when I was growing up was Ryan Giggs, so when I use my left foot, I play in the style of giggs...(obviously not as in tearing defenders to peices and banging the ball into the roof of the net in the FA cup) but YA KNOW..Like sine it was him i grew up watching and learned from I guess, I hardly ever use the outside of my left foot, just the inside when shooting..Its hard to explain, I probly sound insane =\

btw techers is on point like a pin, both feet.LOL a lot of people always think that to have sick movement and to create space you need to move and jump about and sh*t but sometimes the best and most effective thing to do is stand still. Ahh im getting frustrated. This football syndrome is getting me mad tho, i', going bed f*ck this.
:mellow: Not with you there, mate...If you're saying, you don't have to run around like a headless chicken for 90 minutes like Stephen Hunt, then that's one thing but there are man with sick off the ball movement who move slow i.e. Scholes, Fabregas, Lampard etc...

my freekicks were sick when i was 14/15 cos them ages nobody really wanted to be in the wall for fear of being licked in the facealthough im not sure why i hardly ever use laces do do anything even if im tryign to power shots its aqward at times but i do it all the time(blames first football coach who wudnt let use shoot or pass with laces)also always get played bare out of position rember playing for school collge teams n cos i was tall it was straight away centre back(i cant f*ck*ng defend for gods sake , n f*ck heading)attacking mid is me tho

Playing centre-back is sick though, don't get the stigma...Watch the 1974 World Cup final between West Germany & Holland and just watch Franz Beckenbauer...I don't remember seeing him pass the half-way line but the way he was spraying the ball about, the sheer composure was like watching Jesus play ball, no hype...Not to mention, you can literally command and dictate the tempo of the game if you're tactically good enough & your coach let's you do so...

Madness I see this topic as I just brought a bike to help with my fitness.Got invited to play 11 a side but I'm so unfit at the moment. Still play 5 a side and recently went up to 8 a side (Dulwich Hamlet astro turf) but that isn't a competitive ting, I need to re-up on some motherf*cking trophies! So hopefully I'll get back to fitness of years back and kick proper ball. Properly miss real ball.Miss the days of going into a sports shop and the very first thing you'd do is go to the boots Lol. Then sporting them and playing well.

• Downvote 2

Playing centre-back is sick though, don't get the stigma...Watch the 1974 World Cup final between West Germany & Holland and just watch Franz Beckenbauer...I don't remember seeing him pass the half-way line but the way he was spraying the ball about, the sheer composure was like watching Jesus play ball, no hype...Not to mention, you can literally command and dictate the tempo of the game if you're tactically good enough & your coach let's you do so...
its not sick when u tackle like paul scholes which i do

TBH, you should be more worried about tackling if you're...A. Shorter than your average defenderB. A defensive midfielder or a full-back...The single most important attribute a defender can have is positional sense, tackling can be worked on easily IMO...

TBH, you should be more worried about tackling if you're...A. Shorter than your average defenderB. A defensive midfielder or a full-back...The single most important attribute a defender can have is positional sense, tackling can be worked on easily IMO...
lool none of them things apply im just sh*t a defending lol some people just cant play certain positions

my freekicks used to be kinda nuts still, havent tried one for a whole season now but boy they were just a bit mad. instead of going for bare power they were either just completely going for bare curl, trying impossible angles for hours till i could do it or a kinda chip. They were weird i miss mucking about with different FK techniques.Never tried ronaldo's i will soon tho. how old r u lot by the way ? my fitness levels were incredible in my last season (no hyping myself unnecessarily (sp?) :lol: I was a left back most often but because i am so quick i used to get told to push up alot because i obviously had the pace to get back. Our first game of our second season we had some youth crystal palace team and that was the game i started trying to get forward more from. Was leaving guys for dead in that game and finished MOTM. After 90 minutes i could still sprint length of the pitch and was still shutting down people as much as needed. I dno how my stamina levels were so high but i loved it. Makes me wish my team never folded. Im relatively tall but have sick control and my balance is very good. Never got taught to play by anyone and im proud of how good i got with only ever having one single manager who taught me alot but alot in terms of defensive play. I love the game, tactics is like a passion for me but i used to hate thinking about all the tactics. I proper need to get back into football, the main downsides of my game was always consistency, playing left back and having sh*t refs was the main reason. Lost count of the amount of times i got fouled blatantly and the ref just waved play on. I didnt used to have confidence on the field aswell which was a huge problem but as the season went on and i got better my confidence got alot higher but i tried not to get carried away. Would love to get back into football with a decent team who play good attractive football rather than just trying to play the game with brute force.

true centre back is such an underrated position. Can be the sickest place on the field to play. I used to get to play CB a few games when others were injured and that but boy if u have a good partner at CB its the sickest of positions. Our back 4 used to be so good the only problem with my team was the weakness of the centre of midfield. We had the best CM i've seen at my age but he worked so rarely got to play.

Lol @ Gattsu, defence just isn't for some guys, eh?TR1MB8L, I'm 21 still. I am SO pissed I wasn't focused on going Pro from a young age and that my parents weren't pushing me either...I'll never, for one minute, lose faith that I'd be able to play at a VERY high, just got into the game so late and to learn alot myself...

Lol @ Gattsu, defence just isn't for some guys, eh?TR1MB8L, I'm 21 still. I am SO pissed I wasn't focused on going Pro from a young age and that my parents weren't pushing me either...I'll never, for one minute, lose faith that I'd be able to play at a VERY high, just got into the game so late and to learn alot myself...
the way i think this sh*t every single day of the f*ck*ng year. If i had been focused from young and got the help and not had to teach myself almost everything i know, ahhh its long even thinking about it. Im still only 19 but still. My brother was a big football player aswell and he just threw it away, got involved with the wrong crowd started smoking drinking at a young age and basically threw his talent away. I hate him for that, he got the chance and he was given so much encouragement and got so much advice and help in terms of how to get better. I never got all that yet im still the better player and was better than him at the same age if that makes sense.

Know what, I think I'm gonna start going for my badges. It's just getting the 1st couple seems LONG, man wants to get straight in the deep end but they wanna school you on little sh*t like 1st aid, schooling 6yr olds etc...Man wants to be doing all that tactical sh*t but I'm definitely looking to get my level 1 before the end of the year...It's in the stars, swear down, I'm destined to manage Arsenal.