ViP2 Amateur Football Thread

Flojo

i must say i love hittingt hem hollywood long ballsoutside of the foot ones owwwww
Jeeez!The bike is helping alot. See BARE wasteman loitering around my route though.
You getting back into football G?
Yeah. Slowly though, aint played competitve football for a bit.
You live in Heath yeah? Man trains there, holla. Training levels are HIGH.

i must say i love hittingt hem hollywood long ballsoutside of the foot ones owwwww
Jeeez!The bike is helping alot. See BARE wasteman loitering around my route though.
You getting back into football G?
Yeah. Slowly though, aint played competitve football for a bit.
You live in Heath yeah? Man trains there, holla. Training levels are HIGH.
Safe.

Officially started playing football againwill join a local sunday league side aswell along with college football. fitness has improved alot but im sloweris there any exercises to get back to optimum speed because currently my legs feel SUPER heavy!shooting is erratic for now aswell
Buy some ankle weights & run/train whilst wearing those...Cheap too...
if ur gonna do that be careful, can f*ck up your knees using them things and plus they wont help with speed much atall, they can increase the strength in ur legs and that will help more with endurance but you wont get back to the speed u was at by using them.

Officially started playing football againwill join a local sunday league side aswell along with college football. fitness has improved alot but im sloweris there any exercises to get back to optimum speed because currently my legs feel SUPER heavy!shooting is erratic for now aswell
if ur gonna do that be careful, can f*ck up your knees using them things and plus they wont help with speed much atall, they can increase the strength in ur legs and that will help more with endurance but you wont get back to the speed u was at by using them.
Ankle weightsThe right dietHIIT=You're laughing...We're all amateurs here so chances are, we won't be doing all of them but incorporating at least one of those, will improve results.

Ankle weightsThe right dietHIIT=You're laughing...We're all amateurs here so chances are, we won't be doing all of them but incorporating at least one of those, will improve results.
yeah i see what you mean im not disagreein or anything, just saying ankle weights arent as effective as ppl seem to think they are. Best way to gain speed is probably cycling, sounds weird but i used to cycle alot daily, i got alot quicker at running.

I was never proper fast but I was nippyfeel proper slow now thoughI will do what Kane suggested the gaffer told me its a great toolalso shooting needs to improve pronto but still finishing like alwaysVapours are sick atl;east the old version was not sure about the current ones but if you are playing center back or upfront the Nike lasers are a must best trainers out now IMO

Nike R10's for me,all them flashing boots in with neon stitching aren't for me.Little update on my team.Played 2 sundays back and drew 2-2 with the 3rd placed team in the league. I scored a one on one, rounded the keeper but wasn't a very good personal performance on the whole. We we're on course for a win but our captain conceded a penalty in the last minute which they scored to make it 2-2. Was such a d*ckhead penalty to give away, guy had his back to goal looking at the corner flag, our captain got too close and the guy did a pirouette a gymnast would be proud of. Fitness levels felt way better in this game, surprised myself how I was able to cope with the pace.Played Sunday against one of my boys teams which gave the game some extra hype!Bossed the first half and created loads of chances, but only went in at half time 1-0 up. The game was in danger of getting a bit hype from early and in the second half it all kicked off.My boy who got sent off in the 1st game slapped a guy again but got away with it :lol: Then one of our midfielder's chopped down some guy who got up and started throwing punches. Now the guy who committed the foul is our captains' lil bro so he came storming over to back his bro and deal with the guy throwing punches. ref sent our captain off but did f*ck all to the guy who threw the punches. the lil bro of our captain took his shirt off and walked off, I was baffed. His dad was on the sideline and got involved with one of their players. I'm thinking wtf is wrong with the whole family today, their looking for some beef. Turns out our captains mum had died last week so his head wasn't really on the game.So we continued with 9 men, and we're still 1 up but their having a lot of the ball and our keeper is having too much of the ball. they get a free kick, we clear it our CB pops up on the halfway line gets slipped in shimmy's their CB and rounds the keeper to make it 2-0 :lol: Swear down it was some Beckenbauer type goal. Then 1 of our midfielders gets hacked down, squares up to the guy who did it and the guy punches him full on in the face. Our player took the punch and looked at him as if to say ' Try again fassi' :lol: I was embarrassed for the guy. Ref sends him off then his girlfriend comes on the pitch hyping! Saying to my boy she'll knock him out. My boy goes to her 'love come off the pitch cos I will knock you the f*ck out' :lol: Game ended 2-0, well deserved win.Sunday league>>>>>>>>>> Looking forward to an away game in the cup this sunday.

good thread.surprised how many man on here actually play competitive football.getting my fitness back on track after an horrendous summer.but it's coming along nicely.jog twice a day 4 times a week.commute to work on my bike.then i'll look to step up my endurance training.but i'm usually good during the winter months, the bad weather gives me some next level adrenaline ha.usually wear nike astros (lasers)adi boots (preds).

Flojo, f*ck that...Lol, too much madness happens in Sunday League.
lol thats true, its good though its interesting. Everyone seems to think they're bad on the pitch though thats the thing. I remember my first sunday league game, some proper fiered up game i was right wing first half was tight but we went 1-0 down some scrappy goal we should have cleared the ball but didnt, game was fine at this point just a regular fast paced match. Second half we stepped out determined to get a result, first time we attack i get the ball took the left back on and set up the equaliser with a low ball into the box. 1-1. We then score again, sick thru ball through the defence put our striker in on goal and he tucked it away to make it 2-1. times tickin on and the end of the game was approaching but we conceded an equaliser. Corner that never was and they scored it with some huge white kid, easily over 6 foot and this was back in school days, no-one was getting near him for that header. games coming to a close and its end to end stuff, we hit the post then they went straight down the other end, the tall guy gets the ball, turns on it and tries to knock it past one of our defenders, knocks it too far ahead of himself, one of our centre backs slides in wins the ball cleanly as possible and the lanky guy goes down. then all hell breaks loose, everyones running upto that end of the pitch, punches are flying, people are kicking eachother, pure madness. the dads on the sidelines finally get everyone pulled apart and the ref has given a f*ckin penalty for the tall kid diving to the floor. They score it make it 3-2 and the ref blows the final whistle, our whole team was pissssssssed, pure angry faces everyone just went home vex. I also managed to get cramp in both calves in that match. Was nuts first time i ever got cramp, had no idea what it was. Some chinese kid had got sent off in the fight aswell, run the length of the pitch just to punch one of our players, some nuts chinese kid man looked like he was ready to kill someone. Next time we played them at home we battered the 4-0 and havoc continued when i got fouled in the last minute by the last man. Had made a run into space he played me onside, ball came to me and i stopped it pulled it behind myself and put it past him behind his back and he knew i was gone so as i went to run past he kicked both my legs away. same sh*t happens again both teams kick off, pure madness and the red dint even send the guy that took me out off, just blew the final whistle and walked off. Bare games like this happen aswell, i remember us beating one team 8-0, their manager was linesman and during the game at like 4-0 he just throws the flag on the floor and walks across the pitch ready to go, his son was on the pitch looking confused like dad where u goin ? this nuts man started switchin at the ref, switching at our players, picked up a water bottle and squirted it at a couple of our players faces, which then causes one of our players to pick it up and throw it at the man. Game continues and the ref just started sending ppl off for stupidness lol, 1 of their players just walked off got his stuff and started walking home :lol: sunday league is mad, loved it tho i miss it

lol you can never have a dull Sunday morning, entertainment factor is sick.I'm gonna leave this team when my fitness levels are fully on point to join a more serious team but I can't lie I'm gonna miss the madness.Trimbal knows, the rivalries are too sick. The team we played on Sunday already talking bout their getting all their boys to come down to the game when we play them away.

lol you can never have a dull Sunday morning, entertainment factor is sick.I'm gonna leave this team when my fitness levels are fully on point to join a more serious team but I can't lie I'm gonna miss the madness.Trimbal knows, the rivalries are too sick. The team we played on Sunday already talking bout their getting all their boys to come down to the game when we play them away.
:lol: dun kno you've heard the classic line "WATCH WHEN WE PLAY YOU NEXT TIME INIT"

:lol: dun kno you've heard the classic line "WATCH WHEN WE PLAY YOU NEXT TIME INIT"
:lol: :lol: :lol: You must have run into one of those guys chatting sh*t bout 'wait til after the game'. Final whistle blows and he's the first man to shake your hand 'Good game mate'. :lol: Some real characters about.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You must have run into one of those guys chatting sh*t bout 'wait til after the game'. Final whistle blows and he's the first man to shake your hand 'Good game mate'. :lol: Some real characters about.
pmsl too many times especially 2 of them games i mentioned earlier. the one which was my first game, the chinese boy that got sent off try say it before he left the field. come end of the game he's doin exactly that, walks straight up and shakes my hand and says good game. see him as i was walkin up to get picked up with no-one else there and he still dint do nufin. there was me thinkin maybe he will try summin now theres none of his teammates parents or nufin, dint do sh*t. ppl love to talk on the pitch. its funny tho, the guys that do it the most seem to always fall into one of two categories. them being, 'i think im the next messi but im nowhere near as good as i think i am so i'll talk sh*t and act like i can intimidate u rather than just doin the talkin with my feet' or 'i just wanna look like im sick infront of my teammates so i can talk like im big and act like i said sh*t i didnt wen this match is done and im chattin with the mandem' being a defender is better aswell cos u get the ones that think they should be pro or summin. all moanin wen u mark them out the game complainin about every single thing rather than accept your better than them, then they try play dirty. its funny seeing people who would rather talk sh*t than just play, just put themselves off tbh and end up giving u an advantage. ahhhh i need to get back into football asap. imma find a team soon.