Sony removes content approval, PS2 now open platform.

Faisal

The PlayStation 2 just passed its 8th birthday here in North America, and the console is still going strong. With 131.3 million units sold worldwide, Sony is looking to continue to tap into that market. To that end, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's developer relations manager George Bain has revealed that the company will be removing the content approval process in an attempt to attract smaller developers. "You no longer have to submit a game for content approval," Bain explained at the Casual Connect conference in Kyiv. Citing Russia and India as examples, Bain said that independent developers in all countries can now "create low-development cost titles and release them in their market." Since there are no licensing fees, the only cost to the developer would be the PS2 dev kit. In order to help alleviate some of that financial burden, Bain said that in some cases Sony will lend out dev kits. Another option for developers making small, casual titles is to purchase PS2 debug dev kits, which cost about 1/10 of a full version.
Boy, it's a step closer to my dream coming true. If this means i can get my fav. game on PS2 then,SONY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>