Premier League Week 25

Snoop

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All News, dicussion and comments in here.Wenger considers Arshavin bowBoss to assess Russian's fitness and plays down transfer doubtsArsenal boss Arsene Wenger has hinted that Andrey Arshavin could make his debut in the North London derby on Sunday.The Russian playmaker completed his protracted move from Zenit St Petersburg a day after the transfer deadline, and has received a work permit in time for the weekend.Arshavin has not played competitively since November, but Wenger, who has a number of key players currently absent through injury, will assess his fitness ahead of the crunch clash at Tottenham Hotspur."I believe he is talented, intelligent and motivated. When you have these things together, you always have a chance to make an impact," he said."But you have to give him time as well. He is not fit at the moment because he had only 10 days preparation after a long break."I will have reservations [about playing him], yes because the worst thing for a player is not being ready to play in a game of that intensity, or getting injured before having kicked a ball for the team."I will see what kind of shape he is in on Saturday to see if he will be involved in the squad or not. We are not in a hurry with him."The dealWenger also insisted the club have 'nothing to hide' over Arshavin's transfer, after Reading manager Steve Coppell labelled the saga "a sham"."It was done in the last minute, but regularly. We have nothing to hide," he said."We just did the deal very late in the afternoon, sent it to the Premier League and they ratified it."Of course, we want everybody to question the deal. If the deal was not right we would have cancelled the transfer and accepted it. We have done nothing wrong."We were not the only one in this case. In every transfer window you have at least 10 or 15 clubs who have to wait until the next morning usually to get agreement from the Premier League."We just didn't want to announce it as long as it wasn't officially accepted."

Bitter North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal lock horns at White Hart Lane in the Premier League on Sunday, live on Sky Sports 1 & HD1. Both sides have endured a mixed 2008/09 season to date, with Spurs struggling to pull away from the relegation places and the Gunners dangerously flirting with losing out on a UEFA Champions League berth.League form is likely to mean little when the duo meet, although it is the visitors that head into the clash in better temper, unbeaten in their last 10 outings, albeit drawing five of those.Harry Redknapp's side, meanwhile, have claimed victory in just one of their previous eight top-flight attempts, and their recent loss at Bolton Wanderers reiterated the work to be done between now and the end of the term.Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 18 league games with Tottenham, but their foes' comeback at Emirates Stadium in October, when they snatched a 4-4 draw, could weigh heavy on their minds.Robbie returnForward Robbie Keane is poised to make his second Spurs debut after completing his return from Liverpool on transfer deadline day.The Republic of Ireland international will wear the captain's armband for the fixture, and is set to partner Roman Pavlyuchenko or Darren Bent up front following news of Jermain Defoe's long-term absence.Pascal Chimbonda is pushing for a start after impressing off the bench against Bolton last weekend, but midfielder David Bentley is suspended for the fixture.Andrey Arshavin is unlikely to start the game following his big-money move from Zenit St Petersburg, with the Russian struggling for match fitness.The Gunners are without midfielder Abou Diaby, who picked up a thigh injury against West Ham but would have been unavailable on Sunday through suspension.Possible starting XIsSpurs: Cudicini, Corluka, Woodgate, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Zokora, Palacios, Modric, Keane, Bent.Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Djourou, Clichy, Eboue, Denilson, Song, Nasri, Adebayor, Van Persie.

I want Toure and Gallas at the back they both feel and understand the significance of this match.I don't see much aerial threat in Tottenham's forward line.Denilson needs to f*ck off, to him this will just be another first team opportunity rather than a big game & I really wish we had better than Almunia against Keane Modric.