England Squad

HangTheDJ

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think comparing Englands squad which is missing 2 or 3 top players to the best nation in the world is a bit harsh.I also think it's funny how people are arguing that Cesc is world class but arn't debating Alonso's inclusion in that list. He's a far better player than Alonso IMO.I reckon Ferdinand, Cole, Gerrard, Rooney are Englands world class players, Lampard is world class but only when used in a specalist position for me. Centre midfield in a 4-4-2 and he's nowhere near as effective, which rules him out IMO.

I think comparing Englands squad which is missing 2 or 3 top players to the best nation in the world is a bit harsh.I also think it's funny how people are arguing that Cesc is world class but arn't debating Alonso's inclusion in that list. He's a far better player than Alonso IMO.I reckon Ferdinand, Cole, Gerrard, Rooney are Englands world class players, Lampard is world class but only when used in a specalist position for me. Centre midfield in a 4-4-2 and he's nowhere near as effective, which rules him out IMO.
True on the first bit comparing the two is a bit harsh.I think it depends how you look at the player in my opinion, they are completely different types. Attacking in general and picking a pass for a player to just tuck away i'd pick cesc pretty much every time because he's so good at it but in the role alonso plays sitting back starting an attack with a pass into space i'd take him every time. better than one another at different things, i'd say they are both world class though, both great at what they do. would make a great partnership which is why i still dont understand why Wenger didnt buy Alonso when he had the chance

i honestly think cesc is overrated but the criteria you just judged them on is a bit sillythey have similar skillsets alonsos got more variety and accuracy in his long passingbut cesc's short passing in the final third is more incisive/creativealonso cant carry the ball as good as cesc can etc

How is that criteria silly?Best all round midfieler in the world = EssienHe can pass, tackle, head. shoot, and has strength and pace.Cesc has one of those things, passing. Come on. Guy will never be a top players until he improves in all areas, sick passer yes but that wont cut it, thats why he warms the bench for spain cos iniesta and xavi make him look average.

Best all round midfieler in the world = Essien
:lol:
who's better?
Steven gerrard is 100% better all round midfielder than essienessien in final third = limited
lmaonot serious.Gerrard can play one position well and one position only. Thats off the striker, hes one of the best.Centre mid hes f*ck*ng averfage as.and @ tyred yeah as soon as i posted that cesc thing about not winning i straight away went 'ahhhhh f*ck' lol any sub though...

lol @ AlexAbsolutely cluelessLol @ his passing being over egged or lacking finessebare hatersGerrard is the best midfielder in the world hands down he scored 21 goals on the right,played in the center for 3 season and was rated as one of the finest on earth with chelsea and real wanting him and then he played off the striker last season and scored 15 goals and 17 assistsf*ck*ng retards