NBA 2009/10

Superstition

Oh yeah, oh yeah oh yeah. I wish I would of went to the o2 arena to watch it. Lol at ron ron, promoting his single and bigging up his hood. His life isn't serious.

and his psychiatrist.

/

so pissed my stream died at 70-76 came back it was 76-80 with kobe free throwing.

it was over when allen missed that clear jumper of the screen than kobe scored on the clutch straight after around the 5/6 minute mark tbh...

kobe's wife though (vanessa i think her name is) :Y: :Y:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- An associate of former NBA player Manute Bol says Bol has died at a Virginia hospital, where he was being treated for severe kidney trouble and a painful skin condition known as Stevens-Johnsons Syndrome.

Sudan Sunrise executive director Tom Prichard said in an e-mail that the 7-foot-6 Bol died Saturday morning at the University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville.

The 47-year-old Bol played 10 seasons in the NBA and later founded Sudan Sunrise, a humanitarian group based in Lenexa, Kan., that promotes reconciliation in Sudan. Bol played professionally with Washington, Golden State, Philadelphia and Miami.

Selected in the second round of the 1985 draft by the Washington Bullets, Bol was a shot-blocking force in the NBA despite his slight build. In his rookie season in Washington, he averaged a league-leading five blocks per game and ranks 14th in NBA history with 2,086 blocks.

For his career, Bol averaged 4.9 points, 8.1 rebounds and 6.4 blocks per game.

Bol was hospitalized in mid-May during a stopover in Washington after returning to the United States from Sudan. At the time of Bol's hospitalization, Pritchard said it was believed the medication he took in Africa for his kidney problems resulted in the disease.

Prichard said Saturday that Sudan "and the world have lost a hero."

The Chicago Bulls have a deal in place that would move Kirk Hinrich and the 17th pick to the Washington Wizards, freeing up enough cap space to pursue two maximum-salary players in this summer's free-agent market, sources with knowledge of the Bulls' plans said Thursday.

It wasn't immediately clear what Washington would send to Chicago in the trade.

The deal can't be officially consummated until July 8, when the Wizards will have room under the salary cap to absorb Hinrich's $9 million contract without having to send back anything of similar value.

Nice.

Sad to see Hinrich gone, one of my favourite Bulls, but unfortunately he wasn't value at SG/backup PG with his contract. Hope he does well in Washington, or wherever else he ends up. I told myself I wouldn't follow/buy into the free agency gossip, but the circus officially starts tomorrow and the Bulls seem increasingly well-placed in the sweepstakes, especially considering the rumours that NBA beat writers are reporting.

The draft threw out few surprises - generally followed the predicted order. Looking forward to seeing what kind of impact Wall, Turner, Cousins can have in the league (the Tyreke/Cousins pairing in Sacramento is a scary prospect in terms of sheer talent). Still the biggest news on the night was Portland firing Kevin Pritchard, one of the very best GM's around, for reasons still unclear (outside of the theory that he got too much credit for being amazing and the team owner didn't like it). Long-term, the teams that have been well-run and drafted well for a few seasons now (Milwaukee, Oklahoma, Sacramento) are shaping up into very intriguing sides.

Paul Pierce and Dirk Nowitzki are opting out and becoming free agents - my instinct is that they want to stay at their teams, but renegotiate new contracts before the 2011 lockout brings new payment structures (lower max wages etc).

In Laker news, Farmar has decided to leave to pursue a starting role somewhere, and Derek Fisher apparently wants $5m to re-sign :lol: The disease of more in full effect.

David Lee was a wanted man after the clock struck midnight Thursday, so wanted that he has already lined up meetings with four teams: Miami, Chicago, Minnesota and New Jersey.

The Bulls and Heat are expected to sit down with Lee on Friday in Chicago -- it was uncertain which of them would go first -- before Lee travels to Minnesota on Saturday to speak to the Timberwolves.

:lol: @ Minnesota. That sh*t is a courtesy visit. And they're apparently making a serious run at Rudy Gay, after drafting three SF's and already having Corey Brewer. Awful organisation. Maybe Kahn is excited about possible Gay-Love-Sessions.

Milwaukee sign Drew Gooden for $32m over five years. Probably overpaid ($6.5m per isn't disastrous, but the length is iffy, he'll be 34 when it finishes), but a team like the Bucks will always have to overpay free agents, and they've added a solid piece who should do well under Skiles. Some more post presence, rebounding, blue-collar hustle. They're quietly building a very decent rotation, especially if their draft picks pan out

Atlanta have reportedly offered Joe Johnson a full max contract. $119m :lol: This free agency is gonna be f*ckin ridiculous

CHICAGO -- Dwyane Wade is leaning toward committing to the Chicago Bulls, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Chad Ford on Friday.

According to the source, Wade requested a second meeting with Bulls shortly after the 2006 NBA Finals MVP spent more than two hours getting wooed by the New York Knicks at a downtown Chicago hotel Friday morning. The source stressed that Wade needed the meeting to clarify issues around signing with the Bulls.

"It was a good meeting, it was a real good meeting and I will say I'm intrigued," he said, declining further comment before driving away.

Beforehand, Wade got out of a black Suburban and told reporters he was "in a New York state of mind right now, so we'll see" how it goes.

Nets head coach Avery Johnson was confident in the team's pitches to both Wade and Bosh, whom the team also met with Friday.

As Wade talked with the Knicks, Heat president Pat Riley was spending about three hours in Cleveland with LeBron James, who Wade would love to team up with next season.

P.S. - Fellow free agent superstar Chris Bosh tweeted that he and Wade dined Thursday night in Chicago and posted a picture to prove it. Bosh also said "it feels like someone is missing," an apparent reference to James.

Bosh doing all he can to fit in.

Diddy is sh*t talking, lol he said it afterwards.

How can LeBron be having a 1 hour press conference to announce where he is going, but announce it in the first 10 mins. Attention seeking, money grabbing, no ring having, motherf*cker.

I really want him to go the Bulls dammit.

Boozer is a good addition - not the holy grail, but I was getting fearful of striking out and he def makes the Bulls a lot better. The price is acceptable for this marketplace, he's the 20 and 10 guy which Chicago have lacked for a decade, and Amare/Joe Johnson got maxed out, so it could defo be much worse. If a good SG/shooter can be landed (Morrow/Red*ck/Mike Miller?), and a decent bench rotation fleshed out, this could all total 50+ wins. He and Noah will be formidable in every rebounding battle and I expect an upturn in Rose's assist numbers. The East is shaping to be nuts next season