NBA 2009/10

Superstition

Apart from the massive cop-out all three guys are taking, best case scenario they are basketballs answer to the galacticos (theory) and steamroll everyone; massively boring! Worst case scenario they are basketballs answer to the galacticos, well that'd be alright, it'd be fun watching them lose matches definitely.

It's a cop-out because for the better part of Wade and LeBrons (to an extent Bosh) career we were led to believe they would be battling against each other for these rings, creating an enduring rivalry for this generation and capturing our minds and hearts blah blah blah. As a sports fan you *know* it's better when you have the best vs the best, the stakes are higher, the drama, what things mean in terms of legacy, it's sick! But these guys joining forces, where is the competition in that, I don't wanna see LeBron, Wade & Bosh Vs Memphis Grizzlies in the final. Rather than forge individual legacies they've taken imo the easy way out. I hope 'Melo, Chris Paul, Rose and Durant put up a good fight, I'll definitely be rooting for them.

I did think the Celts team was a bit of a cop out, but really those three players were at different stages in their career to James et al, and you could argue that after years of not being able to compete they deserved eachother.

I just think LeBron is at a stage now where his fingers have to match his hype.

Having a 1 or 2 rings isn't enough for him. He needs at least 5 & that isn't happening with Cleveland & even the best in the business couldn't do that. Kobe has a strong team winning. MJ had a strong team winning. LeBron has Mo Williams. C'mon son...

I get what you're saying, but I think LeBron being 'selfish' here is justified.

Diddy is sh*t talking, lol he said it afterwards.

How can LeBron be having a 1 hour press conference to announce where he is going, but announce it in the first 10 mins. Attention seeking, money grabbing, no ring having, motherf*cker.

I really want him to go the Bulls dammit.

lmao

So they should trade Mo Williams for a more competent guard, LeBron's supporting cast is not as dire as some would like to think and every trade that front office made was done for his benefit and probably didn't receive the go-ahead without his expressed written consent.

If LeBron can't live up to the hype of the Nike/Media machine then he needs to stop donning a crown and sceptre and telling everyone they're witnesses. He's played seven years of great basketball, had Cleveland consistently posting 50 even 60+ win seasons. They are *not* that far away from getting over the hump, even if it does seem like they're regressing at times.

If LeBron and co go on to win several rings then I guess they'll be vindicated by history, it'll definitely be a spectacle for people to lap up, but guys like me will not be convinced that he's one of the GOATS. He needed to be bailed out.

I'd rather see him in NY.

Also 'having a 1 or 2 rings isn't enough for him. He needs at least 5'

This statement smacks of I don't know what, it's the type of thing I fully expect to hear LBJ himself say if he does move to Miami, arrogance and a sense that titles are his God given right. Regardless of his obvious talents he still needs to earn these rings.

So Jordan didn't have Pippen & Rodman?

Kobe didn't have Shaq, Gasol, Odom, etc?

Yes, Cleveland aren't/weren't far off, but I think they lacked a couple of names with pedigree that would've taken to that next level.

And yes, 1/2 rings isn't enough because since the age of 18, he was hailed as the 2nd Coming. With that kind of hype, you have to achieve what the absolute elite have achieved & all the players in that echelon have 5+ rings.

End of the day, 80% of the LBJ hype isn't self-generated & people don't want to admit that they've got a problem with the hype as opposed to the man.

Just the fact that you said it as if the first two titles were a foregone conclusion, if you didn't mean it like that my mistake.

'So Jordan didn't have Pippen & Rodman?

Kobe didn't have Shaq, Gasol, Odom, etc?'

Respect to Pippen and Shaq but this is different. Kobe Duncan McGrady, MJ Barkley Hakeem. Those are the equivalents. Bulls drafted Mike and Pip several years removed, Rodman came after the first threepeat. Shaq was a proven force and Kobe could've gone the way of Tim Thomas when the Lakers snagged them. They were not the finished article. LBJ Wade (and Bosh) are at the peak of their powers and have engineered a move to bring them all together. They have no business being on the same team.

Announcing your decision via national television is self-generated hype, I have a problem with the hype and the man and I'd love him to prove me wrong the right way.

Just the fact that you said it as if the first two titles were a foregone conclusion, if you didn't mean it like that my mistake.

'So Jordan didn't have Pippen & Rodman?

Kobe didn't have Shaq, Gasol, Odom, etc?'

Respect to Pippen and Shaq but this is different. Kobe Duncan McGrady, MJ Barkley Hakeem. Those are the equivalents. Bulls drafted Mike and Pip several years removed, Rodman came after the first threepeat. Shaq was a proven force and Kobe could've gone the way of Tim Thomas when the Lakers snagged them. They were not the finished article. LBJ Wade (and Bosh) are at the peak of their powers and have engineered a move to bring them all together. They have no business being on the same team.

Announcing your decision via national television is self-generated hype, I have a problem with the hype and the man and I'd love him to prove me wrong the right way.

That's my problem right there, I think there's nothing wrong with that. ESPECIALLY with LBJ.

And yes, I agree, this whole TV thing is OTT.

LOOOOL, Kane do you actually follow a team or just LeBron.

TBH, I am with Trilliam, there is a lot different between the Celtics big 3 and this big 3. The only reason this move annoys me is because of the whole meetings in secret to make plans, it just seems pathetic.

It will be funny if they are all at Miami and then they go out even before the eastern conference final, could just imagine the hype there will be.