NBA 2009/10

Superstition

^^^^LOL @ "Groom if Odom gets into foul trouble" /Thomas hurt by comments in Johnson & Bird Book...I want to read this.

MIAMI -- Isiah Thomas told SI.com that he is "really hurt" over criticisms levied by Magic Johnson in a new book chronicling the careers of Johnson and Larry Bird."I'm really hurt, and I really feel taken advantage of for all these years,'' Thomas told SI.com. "I'm totally blindsided by this. Every time that I've seen Magic, he has been friendly with me. Whenever he came to a Knick game, he was standing in the tunnel [to the locker room] with me. He and [Knicks assistant coach] Herb [Williams] and I, we would go out to dinner in New York. I didn't know he felt this way.''“I wish he would have had the courage to say this stuff to me face to face, as opposed to writing it in some damn book to sell and he can make money off it.”-- Isiah Thomas, as told to SI.comIn the book, titled "When The Game Was Ours," an advance copy of which was obtained by The Associated Press, Johnson said the failed relationship with Thomas is "the biggest personal disappointment of my life . . . nothing else is even close."Johnson also contends that after he was diagnosed with HIV and retired in 1991, Thomas started questioning the former Los Angeles Lakers star's sexuality.Johnson also describes his role in keeping Thomas off the 1992 U.S. Olympic Dream Team, according to SI.com."Isiah killed his own chances when it came to the Olympics," Johnson said in the book, according to SI.com. "Nobody on that team wanted to play with him . . . Michael [Jordan] didn't want to play with him. Scottie [Pippen] wanted no part of him. Bird wasn't pushing for him. Karl Malone didn't want him. Who was saying, 'We need this guy?' Nobody."Thomas, now coaching at FIU in Miami, said he declined a chance to be interviewed for the book. He appears on at least 26 pages of the book, which Johnson and Bird wrote with author Jackie MacMullan, a former Boston Globe reporter currently with ESPN.com.FIU had no immediate comment. Thomas' spokesman said the remarks were accurate. Thomas was scheduled to be available to reporters later Thursday night at an alumni event.The book comments by Johnson are the latest salvo in a strained relationship, once made famous by the pre-NBA Finals kiss and a pair of crowd-pleasing 1-on-1 battles in the final moments of the 1992 NBA All-Star Game. But even during those 1988 Finals, Johnson and Thomas let their competitive sides boil over.In Johnson's words, he and Thomas are now "cordial. That's about it."Last fall, Johnson said he would not recommend Thomas for any other NBA jobs, after Thomas' rocky stints with both the Indiana Pacers and New York Knicks."I wish he would have had the courage to say this stuff to me face to face, as opposed to writing it in some damn book to sell and he can make money off it," Thomas said to SI.com.Thomas also told SI.com that he did not question Johnson's sexuality, adding that Johnson "acted and responded off some really bad information that he got."
/9 Days Bitches.

Will be purchased. Bill Simmons' upcoming book too.TIP-OFF TONIGHT!Get your League Passes here: http://ilp.nba.com/Cavs-Celtics, Clippers-Lakers are on the agenda for me. Blake Griffin broke his knee though :unsure: It's the f*cken Clippers curse again. Dude was looking a legit beast as well.If anyone's interested, ESPN have a directory of the uniform changes in 2009-10. The Cavs, Orlando and Warriors throwbacks are cold. I still need to get one of the green Bulls joints

WTF, Blake broke his knee?!?! Guy is cursing the day he signed for the Clippers already. Ahhhhh I'm so pissed the fact I wake up at 6 every morning virtually rules me out of watching NBA games mid-week :(./Shieeeet, did not clock that Cavs-Celtics started already, Rondo got blocked hard!!

Yeah he fractured it doing this:You should cop the league pass, you can watch the game for up to 24h after it finishes. So you could come home from work tomorrow afternoon, and cue up eight solid hours of ball. Never miss a game, midweek or otherwise :Y: Lebrons block on Rondo was BRUTAL :lol: He is doing everything- insane longbomb 3s, behind-the-back passes, then chases down Rondo at fullpace and violates himEdit:Celtics ground out the win, very impressive display. Cleveland have improved, but they're still flat and uninspired without Lebron, and Boston (with KG) are probably the best team in the league at smouthering and containing them, even allowing for Bron to get his. Shaq was solid inside but not especially impactful, not demanding double coverage any more. Sheed did well - a really potent weapon in the Celtics arsenal. Boston can spread the scoring five or six different ways now. KG looked good on his return, made decent moves, with obligatory strong D. Pierce, as usual, came up big when it counted in the 4th.WTF the Staples crowd booed Luke Walton getting his championship ring :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone needs to read this: Excerpts From The Book The NBA Doesn't Want You To Read. Tim Donaghy's expose on the inner workings of NBA refereeing. Everyone knows about superstar calls, but it stinks how extensive and systemic the sh*t is.Cavs' stumbles are funny, but they'll get it together. Raps are a tough side to matchup against..they have a high-energy frontline, Cavs have Big Z and Shaq's corpse.Clips are surprisingly good, despite Griffins absence. Easy to see them in the playoff mix, even in the West. Eric Gordon will have a big year. But Washington are gonna be the most improved team. Mike Miller, Randy Foye and Oberto are really handy additions, and Agent Zero looks like he's really BACK from those injuries. The Spurs are really scaring me. This might be the best supporting cast Timmy's ever had - Ginobili is seeming back to his old self, Jefferson and McDyess add ridiculous depth. Dejuan Blair is looking like a bareface steal at his position in the draft. They utterly demolished the Hornets yesterday, and playing Chicago now. LETS GO BULLS

Why is it that some of those "revelations" are not a surprise?I mean confirmation of them are disgusting but certain things you just know happens in these sports, I guarantee our Football league is exactly the same. Nonetheless Mr Stern is not going to be a happy man. Yeah, I agree about the Cavs it is just funny to see them have this early season stumble, probably won't make the finals AGAIN though unless the league see's its what LeBron's profile needs :). /Close game between Bulls-Spurs so far!

It has to be a matter of time before something substantial is done to adjust the way the NBA is officiated. Serious controversies are stacking up - Donaghy getting convicted, these excerpts, the various fiascos like Kings/Lakers '02, Suns/Spurs '07, Joey Crawford/Tim Duncan, Salvatore/AI, the 2006 finals, etc. The sport is risking losing its credibility with the fans, how baseball did over steroidsSick opening night win for the Bulls tonight:Rose is looking beastly even with a sore ankle, he's developing a reliable jumpshot on top of the playmaking and penetration skills. We were all over the boards, snatched loads of offensive rebounds. Moved the ball nicely, found the extra pass. Deng hit some nice midrangers and put in the hustle. Noah, as usual, was a bundle of energy and intensity, even making a few plays on the offensive end. Defensively we did real well - worked hard, kept them out of the paint, pressured their 3pt shooters, gave up very few rebounds, disrupted their execution all over. Very impressive performance, though admittedly San Antonio were fatigued from their opener. If we play like this all year, we can realistically shoot for 50 winsEdit: Chicago-BostonPredictably, Celtics are emphatically killing us, as they've done every time in Boston with KG. Deng, Hinrich and Salmons shooting horribly. Rondo is parring guys. Defence is lethargic and swamped, nothing you can do when Allen, Pierce, KG and House all heat up against you

Lebron is switching from #23 to #6 next season, out of respect for MJ :lol: Apparently Bill Russell and Dr J don't deserve that same respect.Bulls are struggling, despite a reasonable record thus far. Got robbed by the refs against Denver, and then crumbled against Toronto. The defence has been strong, but the offence is truly horrid. Didn't think we'd miss Ben Gordon this much - but while Hinrich and Salmons are shooting abysmally, defences can crowd the inside and give nothing away. Rose can't drive to the hoop, Tyrus is injured. The biggest upside is Noah's explosion - he's been a beast, and imo is contending for MIP at this stage.Regarding Noah, This sports writer LITERALLY eats his words. Two years ago in a negative piece on Joakim, he claimed he'd eat his column with salsa if he ever became a good player. Credit to him, he actually DID :lol:Lakers vs Denver playing atm. Nuggets are up 75-62, halfway through the 3rd. Melo is beasting

Yesterday's Cleveland-Washington game was given extra intrigue in that context. The Wiz pulled out the win, but Shaq is still absent with his mysterious injury.Apparently Iverson is gonna sign with the Knicks in the upcoming hours/days ^_) Bulls-Lakers in LA tonight. If Salmons shot isnt falling its going to be a looong game..Edit-Great, Pau Gasol recovers from injury just in time for Chicago <_<

The call to retire #23 was a hollow stunt. Lebron has played with it for over seven years in the NBA, without complaint. Then the night that Michael unveils Wade as the new face of the Jordan brand, and sits courtside at a Heat game, he's suddenly overwhelmed by respect and reverence for MJ's number :rolleyes: It probably helps that Kobe's jersey income mushroomed after he switched to #24.Kobe's first quarter circus shots against OKC were ridiculous. The over-the-backboard one especially. Shannon Brown had another unbelievable highflyer moment too. Though it's tough for me to watch home Laker games coz of the orgasmic adulation of the commentators after every play. The Celtics-Knicks game was sick last night, close-fought, KG sinking the 20ft buzzer beater at the end of overtime. Boston's execution is automatic, and their crunch-game play is still getting better. If everyone stays healthy, I reckon another Lakers-Celtics finals is the logical conclusion to the season.Now let's revert to simpler times before the league was pussified and enjoy these classic brawls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHeeWDDYAhk

Amare Stoudamaire tweeted the other day that 76ers should resign AI, they are struggling, but he wouldn't necessarily walk into the team. /Lakers are looking much better now Gasol is back, absolutely destroyed Golden State last night, and Brown has been sick past couple of games.

Delfino's DIRTY block on Pietrus :lol: :lol: Some volleyball sh*t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-tToliiqqQ

IVERSON RETIRING!!!NO WAYYYYYYYYYYY
I don't think AI is really gone.. apparently he's still shopping for a deal, and there are several teams that could plausibly bring him on board. And later this season, he'll defo be a target for some teams who want firepower going into the playoffs. Maybe a few months out of basketball will warm him to the idea of coming off the bench
Lakers are looking much better now Gasol is back, absolutely destroyed Golden State last night, and Brown has been sick past couple of games.
It's actually disgusting how well the Lakers play when Gasol is fit and firing. Shannon's been doing well this season. I think he senses Derek Fisher's spot up for grabs, and wants to set himself ahead of Farmar, who's been stagnant for a while now. He's always had highlight reel moments, but has struggled to put it all together. Helps that it's a contract year though...The Nets are currently crashing to record-breaking shittiness against the Lakers. Down 59-34 at halftime. Failing to win tonight puts them on 17 consecutive losses to start the season - the worst start in the history of basketball. Damn son. :lol:

back in the day, like 1995-1999 i was FULLY on basketball, chicago bulls was my team and really always will be.. back in the days of jordan, pippen, kerr, wennington, rodman, grant, kukoc...back in the days of the 72-10 record...good timessad to see AI retiring always thought he was a serious player, its sad to see good players go to waste

Ron Artest is a joke/r...eliminate as you see fit.

I used to drink Hennessy ... at halftime," Artest says in the interview, which hits newsstands this week. "I [kept it] in my locker. I'd just walk to the liquor store and get it.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4706474/LOL @ AI retiring
The Sixers, reeling with seven straight losses, have come up with The Answer as a solution to their woes.Allen Iverson, a four-time scoring champion who led the 76ers to the NBA Finals in 2001, is stepping back on the court for the home team in Philadelphia, accepting a second chance with the Sixers.

Guest Tulse Hill

what teams r on Espn now, white vrs blues bare whie guys in NBA now, rahERgh, did i just hear Shaq onel!?????????????????Thought this guy was playing for like NBA version of Barcelona not this team

Kobe hits another game-winner last night (39 points) after missing the same shot in regulation. This is what Phil Jackson had to say.

"I told him, 'Why did you keep us waiting? You had the same situation in regulation. Really, you are wasting a half-hour of our lives,'" Jackson joked. "
Gasol also had 26 and 22. Lakers 20-4, tied with the Celts. f*ck*ng cunts.