The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Henderson isn't worth £20 million

Ngog isn't worth £7 million

We getting bumped

Sunderland getting bumped

:confused:

Also is Jones left or right footed?

Many people saying he may fit into the first team, and with the news that Agger may be sold will he fit into that position?

Henderson isn't worth £20 million

Ngog isn't worth £7 million

We getting bumped

Sunderland getting bumped

:confused:

Also is Jones left or right footed?

Many people saying he may fit into the first team, and with the news that Agger may be sold will he fit into that position?

Right footed, his decent enough to fight with Skrtel or Carragher for a spot in the first team.

Liverpool have finally made the breakthrough in their £20million move for Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson.

Press Association Sport understands the deal, which would see striker David Ngog travelling in the opposite direction, has been completed subject to medicals for both players on Wednesday.

/

:Y: First signing of the summer.

Sky Sports understands that Liverpool have agreed terms with Sunderland for England international midfielder Jordan Henderson.

The Reds have been locked in talks with their Premier League counterparts for several days after making their initial approach last week.

The two clubs have been haggling over the valuation of the 20-year-old, who will undergo a medical with the Merseyside giants on Wednesday.

It is understood that the deal that has been agreed is worth £20million and it will include David N'Gog moving in the opposite direction, subject to him agreeing terms on Wearside.

The French striker will hold talks with the North East club, while Henderson brokers his move to Anfield.

Henderson is due to link up with England Under-21 squad ahead of the European Championships which begins this weekend, and both clubs are eager for the move to be completed before then.

Its a good dealm but i feel Comoli shouldn't have been looking at him the first place, reminds me of the David Bentley transfer apart from the fact that David Bentley is far more talented than Henderson is.

Theres a host of young players around Europe with FAR better potential than Henderson who we could of got for between 15-20 milion, the likes of Iker Munian, Georgino Wijinaldum, Diego Perrotti etc.

Signing Downing, Adam, Wickham and Henderson will not get us above the likes of Man City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal, heck i feel we would probably finish belowe Spurs if they manage to get a top class striker and decent centreback.

You're mentioning those players, but the important thing here is that Henderson wanted to come to us.

He has talent and it will be up to the club to get it out of him.

And no one even had him down as a target before last week and all of a sudden we are signing him. So I doubt trying to guess who we will sign is of much use.

So now we have

Lucas

Mereiles

Gerrard

Poulsen (Probably leaving)

Shelvey

Henderson

Spearing

Cole (Arry me old mucka sort it out)

Aquilalni (Probably leaving)

and probably Adam

It's going to be interesting to see how we line up, if we don't sign an out and out winger i'm going to be pissed.

You're mentioning those players, but the important thing here is that Henderson wanted to come to us.

He has talent and it will be up to the club to get it out of him.

And no one even had him down as a target before last week and all of a sudden we are signing him. So I doubt trying to guess who we will sign is of much use.

Henderson rumours have been going strong for a week, the same people who were right about that deal have said we are in talks with Wickham and Downing, and this is coming from multiple people.

So now we have

Lucas

Mereiles

Gerrard

Poulsen (Probably leaving)

Shelvey

Henderson

Spearing

Cole (Arry me old mucka sort it out)

Aquilalni (Probably leaving)

and probably Adam

It's going to be interesting to see how we line up, if we don't sign an out and out winger i'm going to be pissed.

Henderson will probably play on the wing, he has been near inept when played in the middle this season(but i feel thats where he will eventually end up), he just runs about the place with no direction or inclination to what he is actually supposed to do, the thing that worries me the most is that if he is brought into be our solution for the right wing then we are in trouble, if we end this summer with Downing and Henderson as our wingers then i can't seee us finishing higher than 6th.

The one thing certainly with Jordan is you can't just let him sit because you will not get the best out of him.

"You have got to let him go and rampage about the pitch and that for me, is when he is at his energetic best. He has got the ability to keep going up and down the pitch.

"If you try and hold him back, like they did at Wembley however, he looked as if he was a little bit restricted."

And another thing with those players who you mentioned they could turn out to be pongolles once they get here, Henderson can at least play at a certain level in the prem, we know this already.

They could also turn out like Ronaldo and Henry, one thing is for certain while they may be more of a risk, they also have more upside than Hendersom all those players mentioned possess the talent to become world class players and some of the best in the world, they've also shone in their respective leagues so they already have that over Pongelle and Le Tallec who came to us on the back of the u-17 world championships with little experience playing for Le Harve, and even when loaned back didn't make the impression that Munian, Wijinaldum etc have made at their clubs.

If were going to gout and buy young players for upwards of 13 million we might as well go out and get the best of the best, rather than the 'safe' option who also happens to be the expensive option, personally i feel we've got enough in our youth academies to not need to buy Wickham, Henderson or Jones, rather buy established quality players like Mata, Gervinho etc and rely on our academy to provide us with the youth we would need.

Shelvey will go out on loan

Yeah i feel Shelvey and Wilson won't come back if we sign Jones and Henderson.

Nah I think Kenny rates them highly but knows they need more first team experience.

Also we need to remember what Reina said about his meeting with Comolli and the Liverpool project. Would he have agreed to stay because were signing the likes of Henderson, Wickham and Jones??????