The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

keep your shitty liverpool convos to another topic none of us have to enter

DoneEXCLUSIVE Aquilani: I am nothing like XabiNew Liverpool signing Alberto Aquilani insists he is not a ready-made replacement for Xabi Alonso at Anfield, revealing the pair could have formed a lethal central midfield partnership had the Spaniard not departed for Real Madrid.The Italian international arrived for €20 million from Roma earlier this summer in the aftermath of Alonso's sale to the big-spending Bernabeu giants.And while the 25-year-old continues to sit on the sidelines for his new side nursing an ankle injury that is expected to keep him out of action for a month, his new team-mates have made a stuttering start to the new campaign.Fans and former players of the club have already begun attributing the Reds' early-season form to the absence of Alonso's defensive qualities in the heart of the pitch.But anyone expecting Aquilani to come in and fill the void left by the Spaniard should think again, according to the player himself."Alonso is for sure one of the best midfielders in the world, and so I am more than honoured to be compared to him," he says in the October issue of FourFourTwo, out now."We are not the same kind of player: I think I’m more attacking than him but he has a terrific long pass and a unique vision for the game. I guess we could even have played in the same team."Aquilani made more than 100 league appearances for the Giallorossi after breaking onto the first-team scene in the Eternal City in 2002, netting nine goals.And the Italian international, who has represented his country at every level from U16 upwards and made 11 outings for the Azzurri, says goal-scoring is one area of his game he is determined to improve during his time on Merseyside."I’m a midfielder who can attack but also plays deep. My favourite position is behind the strikers because I like building the game, making the final pass," he says."I don’t score many goals and this is what I want to improve. I consider myself a team player and I always give everything on the pitch."----Excited about what he can add to the team.AQUA

• Downvote 2

I'm not gnna lock this up to murks, gundam, jj, black or Ryan if it stays open or turned into the official battle for fourth place topic there the mandem involved not me or bully.

Any of you lot see the reserve game last night? Watched the highlights on LFCTV. Dani Pacheco needs to become a permanent midfielder, I think playing him uptop is wasting his greatest attributes. I cant help but notice that when he playes CM he reminds me of Fabregas so much.Also Fulham/Inter were in for Lauri Dalla Valle? I was reading Fulham bid £5million?

Think the defending as a whole has been sh*t. Glen Johnson shouldnt be singled out. IMO Carra has been worse which is a surprise. Im just hoping Agger can return and stay fit for the remainder of the season. Come end of the season/Next year it has to be a back line of...Johnson Skertel Agger InsuaThing about Brouwer is he wont make it at Liverpool but most Liverpool fans know this, but have come to the conclusion that most of our strikers like Brouwer to play off them.LDV needs to start the reserve games, allow promoting him to the reserves and him not even making the bench.

• Downvote 1

The current financial climate is continuing to delay work on Liverpool’s proposed new 60,000 seater stadium, the club’s managing director Christian Purslow confirmed today.The club’s co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have faced heavy criticism after promising work would start straight away following their takeover of the club in February 2007.But almost a decade after plans were first announced to build the new stadium on Stanley Park, just yards from the current Anfield stadium, there is yet a “spade in the ground”.“Construction on the stadium will begin when the current contraction in the banking industry ends and the global financial markets re-establish their equilibrium,” said Purslow.“The centerpiece is to deliver a world-class football ground that everyone can be proud of, a new home for the club with a stadium of at least 60,000 seats, giving the best possible match experience.Liverpool risk being left behind financially from the revenue made by rival clubs due to their higher capacity stadiums.
:angry: