Celtic and Rangers to Prem ?

Mr. Gayle

Guest WAVESURFER

PMSL @ the outrage in this topic.Most of you lot are against this idea cause you know we'd be challenging your teams within a matter of years. The "big 4" would become a "big 6".

PMSL @ the outrage in this topic.Most of you lot are against this idea cause you know we'd be challenging your teams within a matter of years. The "big 4" would become a "big 6".
lol not evenIts because its a purely money motivated moveI personally don't understand why the two teams should be allowed into the premier league so THEY can have more money (something that would leave the SPL in a state similar to the Nothern Irish League)i seriously cannot think of a decent reason for this to happen?

Guest WAVESURFER
pmslI like Celtic but thats proposterous ladTBH Liverpool should apply to be on the Orish leaguemaybe we can start to win titles
Explain to me why it's preposterous.Outside the internet, I've never heard anyone say they don't think Celtic & Rangers would soon be challenging for the Premiership if they got into it. The vast amounts of money we'd get, and the prestige associated with both teams all over the world would attract top players if we were playing in a better quality league. I don't see how anyone can dispute that.

It would take them a while to get going, but Celtic and Rangers both have the potential to match the 3 biggest English clubs in terms of revenue.Celtic especially, put an extra 20 thousand seats on Celtic Park and they'd fill it every week if they were playing here.People don't realise how big they both are.

Guest WAVESURFER
Start from the bottom if you wanna join, clubs gonna go bust it they stay out there anyway.
Well yeah, obviously. I'd be happy to start at the bottom. Noone's expecting to just waltz straight into the Premiership.
It would take them a while to get going, but Celtic and Rangers both have the potential to match the 3 biggest English clubs in terms of revenue.Celtic especially, put an extra 20 thousand seats on Celtic Park and they'd fill it every week if they were playing here.People don't realise how big they both are.
Exactly.You seem like one of the few on here who actually understands Celtic & Rangers. Too many blinkered folk on here think football starts & ends with the Premiership.

Start from the bottom if you wanna join, clubs gonna go bust it they stay out there anyway.
Well yeah, obviously. I'd be happy to start at the bottom. Noone's expecting to just waltz straight into the Premiership.
Exactly.You seem like one of the few on here who actually understands Celtic & Rangers. Too many blinkered folk on here think football starts & ends with the Premiership.
I understand that they would be bigEven if you started in league 2 you'd fill the 60k every week easilyButI don't think its fair on the rest of the league nor does it make sense for you to come to the premier leagueIf someone feels they SPL needs more money (because thats what this is about) then why not try to get some genuine marketing and funding for the league? Perhaps a JOINT deal with Barclays or someoneif you want the rights to the EPL, you have to purchase the SPL rights aswellWhy are the Glasgow teams more deserving of the bonuses of the premier league than Championship and League two sides?They aren't.

Guest WAVESURFER
Top players aint going Scotland though. Robinho cant even handle Manny.
:/ That is a totally irrelevant point, I dunno where yr trying to go with it.Anyway, just for the sake of giving you an answer: Celtic & Rangers play in Europe every season. Man City don't. Also, both teams have attracted quality players in the (recent) past, and would definitely attract them again if the money was available and they played in a better league.

Guest WAVESURFER
I understand that they would be bigEven if you started in league 2 you'd fill the 60k every week easilyButI don't think its fair on the rest of the league nor does it make sense for you to come to the premier leagueIf someone feels they SPL needs more money (because thats what this is about) then why not try to get some genuine marketing and funding for the league? Perhaps a JOINT deal with Barclays or someoneif you want the rights to the EPL, you have to purchase the SPL rights aswellWhy are the Glasgow teams more deserving of the bonuses of the premier league than Championship and League two sides?They aren't.
The SPL is a dead duck. We're not gonna get a decent level of marketing/funding ever again. Celtic and Rangers are too big to be contained in such a financially stifling league.And it's not about who's more deserving of a Premiership spot. It's about who'll bring in more money to the Premiership as a whole. Like it or not, that's what football's about these days.And as far as that question goes, Celtic & Rangers will obviously bring in shitloads more money than any Championship or League 2 team could ever hope to.