Mr. Gayle

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the people who could understand the film for what it is ARE missing out, badly. but i dont think everyone will get this film, not fully. theres a few reasons why its not for certain people/why they will find it a bloated hype film. this is off avatar-forums:

The possible reasons as to why some people didn't experience the film in its entirety is either because 1) Avatar won't appeal to some character types 2) scrutinized and criticized Avatar 3) not matured yet. Now, I'll emphasize on the three reasons why I believe some people just simply didn't connect to the film as we did:

1) We all are born with our character, although our personalities may change through the experiences we have during our lifetime, we cannot change our character. I believe the Dreamer types appeal to this film in a much more deep and meaningful way compared to the other character types. Dreamer types are free-spirited, imaginative, adventurous, and creative. Avatar had all these qualities, which is why Dreamer types usually left the cinema feeling awe-inspired and eventually sad. James Cameron is a Dreamer himself, which explains why this film contained the qualities of a Dreamer.

2) Many of the reviews I have read and watched online tend to criticize Avatar for its unoriginal story, and the need for character development. These reviews disappoint and upset me because I certainly did not feel that way towards Avatar (and I am a movie buff myself, but that doesn't mean you have to take my word for it). Upon reading these reviews that state the same thing, I came to realize that these reviewers did not experience the film at all. It is because reviewers are paid to scrutinize and criticize a film, which you must NOT do if you want to experience Avatar in its entirety. You just have to sit back and absorb what Avatar has to offer you. Don't sit on the fence and observe the flaws, instead get involved and immerse yourself.

3) This one is simple. I have watched Avatar four times, each time with a different set of mates. All of 'em liked the film, yet they didn't feel the depth like I did. I like to say that they simply saw the 'surface of things'. I guess all they saw was a great blockbuster action-flick like Transformers, which is definitely disappointing...

1 = i think this is true, lol wouldn't use the word dreamer though

2 = also true, personally dn't understand why people think character development is basis on which to criticise films. Tthe short nature of films doesn't allow for sufficient character development imo. Like callin a novel sh*t for its lack of pictures (an exaggeration but u get my point)

3 = i kindah get where his coming from, but he still comes across as more judgmental than anything