Devlin signs to Island Records

Wale

To be honest i rate the decent work rate,

but talent should overide all that. dont think he's a top 10 mc in grime, If anyone thinks he wouldve been signed if he had been you token black guy then your mistaken, not trying to make it a race topic but the fact is the record company have looked at him and said "here we go heres someone we could market a little differently/easily"

as i said fair play to him for getting the deal and i wish him the best of luck i'll probably even be buying his Album, but there are people who should be ahead talent wise in terms of getting signed

Griminal got signed too.

Swear I told man this last year tho...

Well considering the way the markets gone it isnt a great revelation nor surprise. Signed doesnt mean much when you consider he's light skinned and basically next in line. Staying signed and selling is what defines the artist to me. Used it before and I'll use it again, HSKT hit top 20, Migraine Skank got signed to follow suit/better it and flopped. Griminal is Migraine Skank with Chippy HSKT until further notice

On that note, I dont think Griminal will do well unless he is worked on A LOT!

Devlin doesnt have to go commercial like Chippy and Tinchy. If they send him that way they are shortsighted.

You kidding me right...