MON's gone.

HangTheDJ

Dutch legend Ronald Koeman has confirmed he is interested in succeeding Martin O'Neill as Aston Villa manager.

The former Valencia, PSV, Benfica, Ajax and Vitesse boss is currently out of work after being sacked by AZ Alkmaar last December.

The 47-year-old has an impressive CV as a manager after winning three Eredivisie titles while also claiming the Copa del Rey during his time in Spain.

He enjoyed a glittering career as a player and many England fans will remember him for not seeing red for a professional foul on David Platt before going on to score in a 2-0 win for Holland in a 1994 World Cup qualifier.

Koeman brings an impressive record to Villa's table, although he has not heard from owner Randy Lerner regarding succeeding the Ulsterman.

"I'm interested in the position of manager from Villa," he told NOS. "I know that I'm on their list.

"I don't know how many more candidates are on that list. But I haven't had contact yet with Villa."

I hope not, wasn't he abysmal at Valencia?