Man can vote from jail now

Guest Lens

not trying to send but eastern europeans and western liberals are always going to have extremely conflicting views

i believe in tackling the social causes of crime

you believe a prisoner should spend 20 years monotonously breaking stones (hyperbole but you get my drift)

just the way it is

• Downvote 1

Guest Esquilax

TBH most of you are scumbags who've broken the law in one way or another

Swear Franks brothers lust for crime is so great that he joined the army so he could commit it abroad?

swear you smoke weed

that is illegal

law breakin scumbag

That is a victimless 'crime' that a fair amount of people indulge in.

Man like Jas chats about dashin sh*t at passers by when he's drunk, then injuring himself on some stairs

Try not to be so f*ck*ng thick in future Smaddy, I know it's hard but Jesus

• Downvote 4

not trying to send but eastern europeans and western liberals are always going to have extremely conflicting views

i believe in tackling the social causes of crime

you believe a prisoner should spend 20 years monotonously breaking stones (hyperbole but you get my drift)

just the way it is

lol

maybe

it's not like i don't understand your arguments though, i just don't agree with them

/

prisoners do still break stones in siberian labour colonies

1st things first. You're a criminal because the laws of the CURRENT GOVERNMENT say You're a criminal. number 1 reason why You shuld be able to vote an alternative government, how else would it be fair?

Esq and Mr Gayle are taking UK's prisons for Guantanamo Bay, and are on some serious dictatorship vibe

You keep Your human rights

You lose some freedoms

You are to be rehabilitated into the world under the rehabilitation of offenders act. You are not an outcast of society, You are in prison to be corrected so You can come out and contribute to society

/

government affect prison, the government can turn arond any day and say "right, every man in prison, You're joinin the army for the rest of Your sentence". government budget how much gets spent in prison, so if some guy with a f*ck the prisoners attitude comes into power, he's gonna affect their food, general prison space, everything

on top of that, they gotta come out of prison and live under this bullshit government. suppose man's in jail for the weekend of the election, what he has to live under Cameron after that weekend because of it?

or obv things, like if man's in prison coz he had an weed on him, and some1 wants to legalise weed, man should have the right to vote for him, coz they don't feel it's a crime.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When you commit crimes you forfeit your human rights

no.

c/s

lets not get carried away, really think about it. are people saying criminals should be denied:

The right to life, prohibition of torture, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment; prohibition of slavery,

The right to liberty and security, to a fair trial and to no punishment without law.

The right to respect for private and family life; the right to marry; the protection of property; the right to education.

Freedom of thought and religion; freedom of expression; freedom of assembly; right to free elections.

The prohibition on discrimination in the application of these human rights.

^^^Its a straight google lift taking the argument to the extreme but surely you see my point?

• Upvote 1

no.

c/s

lets not get carried away, really think about it. are people saying criminals should be denied:

The right to life, prohibition of torture, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment; prohibition of slavery,

The right to liberty and security, to a fair trial and to no punishment without law.

The right to respect for private and family life; the right to marry; the protection of property; the right to education.

Freedom of thought and religion; freedom of expression; freedom of assembly; right to free elections.

The prohibition on discrimination in the application of these human rights.

^^^Its a straight google lift taking the argument to the extreme but surely you see my point?

yeah and taking away their right to vote is not akin to removing their right to life. the vote isn't even a human right, not everybody is entitled to it

holy sh*t i heard they're not allowed to procreate or drink alcohol in jail, someone call the UN

• Upvote 1

Swear Franks brothers lust for crime is so great that he joined the army so he could commit it abroad?

swear you smoke weed

that is illegal

law breakin scumbag

Man like Jas chats about dashin sh*t at passers by when he's drunk, then injuring himself on some stairs

fact is you are breaking the law (in one way or another) - never said anything about victims

/

swear you went to slow school

not really in a position to be callin people thick

Guest Esquilax

swear you smoke weed

that is illegal

law breakin scumbag

fact is you are breaking the law (in one way or another) - never said anything about victims

/

swear you went to slow school

not really in a position to be callin people thick

:/

I literally made the above face

Evidence or you're a f*ck*ng liar with a mangled boat.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

You are to be rehabilitated into the world under the rehabilitation of offenders act. You are not an outcast of society, You are in prison to be corrected so You can come out and contribute to society

lol

says who?

Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, 1974, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/53/contents

latest modifications in the Criminal Justice act, 2008 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2008/4/contents

no.

c/s

The right to liberty and security, to a fair trial and to no punishment without law.The right to respect for private and family life; the right to marry; the protection of property; the right to education.

Freedom of thought and religion; freedom of expression; freedom of assembly; right to free elections.The prohibition on discrimination in the application of these human rights.

there You go

how can man be tried fairly if he has no say in who rules the country?

lol

says who?

Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, 1974, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/53/contents

latest modifications in the Criminal Justice act, 2008 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2008/4/contents

I'm obviously not reading all that but what I found was:

(3)Those purposes of sentencing are—

(a)the punishment of offenders,

(b)the reform and rehabilitation of offenders,

©the protection of the public, and

(d)the making of reparation by offenders to persons affected by their offences.

Guest TimeBomb

boii to think someone could murder my daughter, go prison watch tv, gym, library, qualifications, consoles and now vote.... id be better of killing the person and serving the sentence myself.

Dont understand how anyone thinks pedophiles should have human rights, they should be beheaded.

• Upvote 3

The punishment part is very relevant to the topic. Your punishment for committing crime is that you lose your vote.

no, Your punishment is that You're confined to this building, with restricted contact with the outside world, and have to disclose that You were confined to the building to any potential employer for 6 years.

the loss of a vote is a breach of Your human rights, not part of the punishment hence the vote being returned

Guest Blue State Of Mind

They are already being punished mate, not seeing their families, no p*ssy, no raving etc

a vote is the least we can give them, as i said its 2010, these laws were passed in the 1800s and therefore do not represent a progressive society

Cameron begged the change wave and he's getting what he asked for, smug inbred c*nt

Jail is for punishment, they are right to not see families p*ssy etc, thats the whole point of jail, well it should be anyway.

They have given up all rights when they decided to kill, rape etc

Sorry they should not have any sort of say in how the country is run

Good that you use the worst examples of crime as an example, negating the fact that the majority of people in prison aren't rapists and murderers.

Guest Blue State Of Mind

boii to think someone could murder my daughter, go prison watch tv, gym, library, qualifications, consoles and now vote.... id be better of killing the person and serving the sentence myself.

Dont understand how anyone thinks pedophiles should have human rights, they should be beheaded.

Again people seem to always use the worst examples, not everyone in prison is a paedohphile or rapist for f*cks sake.