Man can vote from jail now

Guest Lens

Guest TimeBomb

boii to think someone could murder my daughter, go prison watch tv, gym, library, qualifications, consoles and now vote.... id be better of killing the person and serving the sentence myself.

Dont understand how anyone thinks pedophiles should have human rights, they should be beheaded.

Again people seem to always use the worst examples, not everyone in prison is a paedohphile or rapist for f*cks sake.

dont care about the rest, u telling me ud be happy someone rape ur kids then have human rights let alone vote?

boii to think someone could murder my daughter, go prison watch tv, gym, library, qualifications, consoles and now vote.... id be better of killing the person and serving the sentence myself.

Dont understand how anyone thinks pedophiles should have human rights, they should be beheaded.

Again people seem to always use the worst examples, not everyone in prison is a paedohphile or rapist for f*cks sake.

so?

they're still in there for committing crimes. most of them are drug addicts who've done the same crime like 5 times to be sent to jail. i do'nt really care for them either

Guest Blue State Of Mind

dont care about the rest, u telling me ud be happy someone rape ur kids then have human rights let alone vote?

Voting is not a big deal to me in the first place, most people in prisons are not rapists, and even then i wouldn't care if there allowed to vote it really doesn't bother me.

Guest Esquilax

Voting is not a big deal to me in the first place, most people in prisons are not rapists, and even then i wouldn't care if there allowed to vote it really doesn't bother me.

Then you're dumb fam, and your thoughts are irrelevant

everybody deserves a minimal level of human rights, its 2010 not the 1800's

some of you need to step into the present day and stop thinking in the past

prisoners should at least have a say in general elections tbh, because the government that comes into power has a huge impact on their standard of living

i bet with the tories in power, we will see a lot more prisoners dying in cells

They are already being punished mate, not seeing their families, no p*ssy, no raving etc

a vote is the least we can give them, as i said its 2010, these laws were passed in the 1800s and therefore do not represent a progressive society

Cameron begged the change wave and he's getting what he asked for, smug inbred c*nt

leave it out y.cameron

how have they made a conscious decision to not be part of society?

everybody has a different motivation for crime, esqui loves simplifying these kind of issues

and how do the actions of gov not effect them on the whole? wtf

say for instance someone has gone in prison and has a single mother outside, the tories have been quite cleat that they are not willing to help such people, by cutting social security and tax credits etc. Essentially meaning that another child will be forced to endure poverty and making it harder for him/her to break the cycle, leaving them socially trapped, whilst there father is imprisoned. OH THE IRONY.

IF YOU CANT SEE THE IMPORTANCE IN GIVING INMATES THE VOTE, THEN YOU ARE FEEBLE MINDED AND PLAGUED WITH SHORT SIGHTEDNESS, SOMETHING WHICH HAS DAMAGED THIS COUNTRY ALREADY. WHY DO PEOPLE NEVER LEARN?

f*ck it everything you sad in this topic. Just C/S.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

dont forget people serve time for sh*t as minor as GRAFFITI

throwing people in jail and denying them a vote goes against the prinicples of democracy - and resembles many dictatorships where if you express views that are against the government you are put in jail and/or hospitalised

in principle its the right thing to do but in practise id agree that people who commit violent crimes against others seem to have too many rights/privilages

pmsl cameron is pissed cos it basically means more votes to labour

:Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

i swr d amount of votes aint wot wins, its d amount of cities dat back each party like in USA

nah not over here

we vote for a party member for our city to get a seat, that's the local election

but the general is marked vote for vote, regardless of area

tbh after the prison population, which is what, 85,000 is broken down into constituencies and those who won't be able to vote are weeded out etc. it's not going to have a noticeable effect on voter turnout, which was almost 30 million in the last election with at least 2 million between conservative and labour.

lol @ thinking Camerons shitting bricks.

the vote isn't even a human right

in europe it is actually, come join us on this side of the iron curtain bro

Article 39

Right to vote and to stand as a candidate at elections to the European Parliament

1. Every citizen of the Union has the right to vote and to stand as a candidate at elections to the

European Parliament in the Member State in which he or she resides, under the same conditions as

nationals of that State.

2. Members of the European Parliament shall be elected by direct universal suffrage in a free and

secret ballot.

in the uk we have decided that convicts are not included in universal suffrage, but if iirc convicts can already vote for their MEP.

im all for making suffrage more universal.

imo we should extend the right to political participation to convicts, and everyone over 16, if your old enough to fight and die for ur country, have children and drive an automobile ur old enough to have a say in the nature of ur government.

Guest Esquilax

I'm AGAINST making suffrage more universal

Have you seen how retarded most people in the UK, nay, the world are?

Too easy to vote, too many people have the right already, without giving it to criminalz

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Guest Blue State Of Mind

so?

they're still in there for committing crimes. most of them are drug addicts who've done the same crime like 5 times to be sent to jail. i do'nt really care for them either

Lol really you have no idea, this is why i don't talk to snobbish middle class white folk on issues of crime.

• Upvote 1

Guest Esquilax

so?

Lol really you have no idea, this is why i don't talk to snobbish middle class white folk on issues of crime.

Bruv do you understand how this comes across? You make it sound like disadvantaged ethnic minorities commit loads crimes of crimes and only they will know what REALLY happens, or how things should REALLY be cuz they've been through the system and 'aren't bad people' or whatever

No ones saying they're a cunts and scumbags, just that when they're being punished for the crimes they've committed, they should have to forfeit some things, and amongst those things is their right to vote.