The Centreback Solution

YesWeCain

None of the fans can say if he is or isn't but what you can say is that them 3 have all been given games and they have all made big mistakes and/or haven't shown that they are Arsenal quality. A prospect in defense is something Wenger should make priority. Especially considering he just signed another attacking prospect.

None of the fans can say if he is or isn't but what you can say is that them 3 have all been given games and they have all made big mistakes and/or haven't shown that they are Arsenal quality. A prospect in defense is something Wenger should make priority. Especially considering he just signed another attacking prospect.
Therefore its up to the manager and the clubs coaches. This is all irrelevant as we are talking about a player who hasn't agreed a contract and none of us know the reason why.However we do know he hasnt played for the first-team ever.and throughout the summer he played everywhere but CB.Added to the fact that it is transfer speculation.If Miyaichi is a prospect then so are Bartley, Miquel, Angha, etc...

Is Nordtveit better than Squillaci, Koscielny or Djourou?
Now?Squillaci, Koscielny = Yes
:D
You must think Almunia and Fabianski are better then Wojeck Schezny?Basically thats what you're implying right? or am I wrong.Expierance + New signing = better than youthYour equation = E+N > Y Another example of your thinking,Inzaghi + Robinho > Pato ?

Therefore its up to the manager and the clubs coaches. This is all irrelevant as we are talking about a player who hasn't agreed a contract and none of us know the reason why.However we do know he hasnt played for the first-team ever.and throughout the summer he played everywhere but CB.Added to the fact that it is transfer speculation.If Miyaichi is a prospect then so are Bartley, Miquel, Angha, etc...
The manager and the clubs coaches haven't handled defenders properly in general for years now and its a big problem for Arsenal. Wenger hasn't got the eye for defenders and goalkeepers like he is meant to have for the more attacking players.True we don't know why he hasn't agreed a contract and maybe he is pushing to leave but in the summer there were a couple interviews with Wenger saying he wanted to play him right back during preseason to improve him as a player which Wenger has done with most players at Arsenal at some time or another.If Miyaichi isn't a prospect then why did we get him?

I never said he isn't a prospect I said he is at this time as much a prospect as the names I mentioned...So if the manager & coaches who haven't been able to spot a good enough CB for years, deem a player not good enough for CB yet, why are we even worrying, as he must clearly not be good enough.

I don't get your point because I'm saying the manager and coaches have f*cked up with there decisions regarding the defense over the years and this could be another f*ck up. I don't trust the decisions of the manager and the coaches enough and why should I considering they deem Almunia, Fabianski, Denilson, Diaby, Koscielny, Silvestre and more good enough when they have f*cked up so many times eventually costing us points in the title race and cup competitions.Wenger obviously rated Nordveit to actually spend p on him, loan him out for first team football then bring him into the first team during preseason and as little as I have seen of him from what we have heard I would of wanted to see him play for us at some time especially considering our terrible defense at times.

I don't get your point because I'm saying the manager and coaches have f*cked up with there decisions regarding the defense over the years and this could be another f*ck up. I don't trust the decisions of the manager and the coaches enough and why should I considering they deem Almunia, Fabianski, Denilson, Diaby, Koscielny, Silvestre and more good enough when they have f*cked up so many times eventually costing us points in the title race and cup competitions.Wenger obviously rated Nordveit to actually spend p on him, loan him out for first team football then bring him into the first team during preseason and as little as I have seen of him from what we have heard I would of wanted to see him play for us at some time especially considering our terrible defense at times.
Ok let me put this is FM terms.Wenger tells us players who are 160 ability, are good enough.We think Arsenal should have 170+ ability, so those players arent good enough.Therefore if Wenger deems a player not good enough, I REALLY dont expect him to turn round and become a superstar, so therefore why do I give a sh*t?While the likes of Bentley, Upson, Pennant, Sidwell, etc... Could have done jobs at Arsenal, thats it, and they are no better than the foreigners he prefers to bring in.Arsenal have put faith in youngsters for the last 3-4 years, and now I'm beginning to sense a bit of change in Wenger attitude, Wenger will stick with the likes of Denilson, Fabianksi, Walcott, Vela, Djourou, etc... Cos he invested time in them previously, rightly or wrongly. The next generation of youth will have to prove themselves at other clubs. Wilshere proved himself, now he jumped ahead of Denilson. The likes of JET, Lansbury etc have to do the same.Hence why I say Vela should be demanding a loan move to Wigan, getting games and come back having f*cked with the pecking order. If Szczseny can make Arsenal give him 30 bags a week, and f*ck off Almunia, off the back of training and a impressive loan spell at League One Brentford, then these man need to be prepared to do more too to make it, cos at the moment there waiting for a injury crisis. Go out and play and come back really as a new signing.
  • Upvote 5

Also 500k is hardly p, he played DM in Germany, and again we dont know the reasons as to why he aint playing.Carling Cup wise, he missed the Spurs game through injury, and was unused sub against Newcastle and Wigan. Who's to say he hasnt look at his failure to get on the pitch in those games and thought maybe I should leave.

Wenger will stick with the likes of Denilson, Fabianksi, etc... Cos he invested time in them previously, rightly or wrongly thats the way it is.
You say rightly or wrongly when its bait wrong and this is the big problem with fans. Brushing sh*t under the carpet.
Who is brushing sh*t under the carpet?Denilson has had his chance, he rightfully is now our 5th or 6th choice centre midfielder. We dont have to be in a rush to get rid of him. As he can do a job, he's played games in the league. The issue with Denilson was more when Wenger talked him up to be World class when he clearly wasn't. I actually like Denilson being the benchmark for the youngsters to jump above. Besides get rid of him and do what play Eastmond? Lol. Even I'd stick with Denilson... Yes arguably we need another DM but Wenger even admitted he considered it, but saw enough potentially from Wilshere and Frimpong to reconsider.Fabianski well, he's the number 1 now, but I dont expect that to last too long. Never have.

Just shows you Arsenal/Wengers kids scheme is one big failbuying overseas 'kids' for 1,2,3m denilson, vela, nordveit, sunu, manone, senderos most of them have floppedonly cesc, diaby, song can be seen as a success in long term. couple this with the fact that we have the 2nd highest wage bill have won nothing since 2005 and that most of our better players were already established pros or established young talents at there clubs.makes me think what was the point :D

The easiest club to look at to work out if we have been a success or failure, is Liverpool, and Liverpool is a BIG team.They still have no new stadium, despite knowing they need more stadium revenue around the same time we did.They bought pretty much in the "now" like your suggesting we should have and have spent way more than us.Half of the youngsters we sign, we profit on regardless.We now have a squad of depth & value, where as Liverpool...The 3 success stories of our team you named we paid what 5m for them and thats 10% of what they worth now.Yes no trophies but hopefully thats coming .

• Upvote 5