The Centreback Solution

YesWeCain

Also, I swear Wenger's plan is to set it up for his successor to dominate, once you're out of debt you'll have sh*t loads to spend due to the ridiculous money the corporates bring in...Wenger's good work won't be fully appreciated until 5-10 years after he's left IMO. His ego's bigger than a few title challenges in the short term, he wants to be remembered as the best thing to ever happen to Arsenal.

• Upvote 4

Out of the next batch, Wislhere and Gibbs aside, are the others rated?Does Wenger think JET and Lansbury will make it?
Hmm... JET/Lansbury are both spoke of highly, but whether they will have careers at Arsenal is still debatable. If Frimpong hadn't got injured, I think he'd have jumped ahead of Eastmond and been the first out of that age group to make a impact on the first-team squad.From the next age group, Chuks Aneke and Benik Afobe that are highly rated.

Also, I swear Wenger's plan is to set it up for his successor to dominate, once you're out of debt you'll have sh*t loads to spend due to the ridiculous money the corporates bring in...Wenger's good work won't be fully appreciated until 5-10 years after he's left IMO. His ego's bigger than a few title challenges in the short term, he wants to be remembered as the best thing to ever happen to Arsenal.
This.& to think you support Villa and see it before Arsenal fans.

So what your saying is we will not appreciate all these trophy less seasons until 2019-2024.? Is that normal thinking.? What other manager gets this excuse.?We started plans for Emirates in 02/03, a good 20 years before what you man are saying will be the time when we appreciate his work for the past 6 years.Fair enough business wise obviously a club making healthy profit every year, having the new stadium and making champions league every year is going to keep us at a decent financial position. Add that we never re invest properly and keep a chunk of every transfer that goes through we should be doing well. Every year its "next year is our year" or "the players are growing up" or "its our time now." Now its we wont appreciate it till MAYBE 2019.Who's to say billionaire investors wont just continue flooding into the premiership making every club richer and stronger so in 10 years we still are a team that could of been something, will that mean all these years of Wenger's 'work' will be for nothing. There's so many factors that can effect a clubs standing that for you to say his work won't be appreciated for maybe 5-10 years is merely an assumption or even hope.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No need to chat sh*t now.Sensible set of fans ... :D YEARS? Its been FIVE YEARS of the same sh*t already so are we talking YEARS or DECADES?That questions air though because we are talking about past decisions from the manager and the board that have left us where we are now. Every club has there problems but others seem to win as well as maintaining there status that's the problem.You're going on like you KNOW 100% that we are going to dominate. All we can talk on is the present and when talking about the present you can include the not so distance past. Your talking about the future and basing it on nothing.In 2000/2001 when United won the league and we were there main challengers with Liverpool (I think) who could have said 10 years from now Chelsea and Man City would be title challengers, Liverpool would be 9th and Tottenham in the Champions League. Theres to many variables for you to chat sh*t about the long term plan.

• Upvote 3

YEARS or DECADES, depends on the morons watching, there will be some fans that thought Herbert Chapman was a great manager, some who didnt... Same for Bertie Mee, same for George Graham... And the same for Wenger, some will never appreciate what he has done/doing.Nothing is promised in football. But I know Arsenal will stay there or thereabouts like they have for the last ten years with the same person in charge.

To be honest, the 10 year comment, wasnt by me, I just agree with it as should EVERY Arsenal fan. As the move to Emirates was ALWAYS a decision made looking at the long-term picture and split the board members due to the impact it would cause on the playing field.Wenger's role and my appreciation for him (altho it was there before the move) is that he has maintained the club as CHALLENGERS, when they could easily have fallen to the foreign owners invasion.The problem is too many fans say he hasn't won anything in five years, when the reality is he was never really expected too, Arsenal are a big club in name, granted, however when you see things like this....# 2006 - 2011 Net 1 Manchester City £373,620,000 2 Tottenham £90,700,000 3 Sunderland £70,125,000 4 Aston Villa £62,200,000 5 Liverpool £45,310,000 6 Stoke City £42,080,000 7 West Ham £30,845,000 8 Fulham £34,800,000 9 Wolves £24,800,000 10 Chelsea £21,700,000 11 Everton £19,500,500 12 West Bromwich Albion £19,025,000 15 Bolton £18,500,000 14 Birmingham City £18,325,000 15 Manchester United £10,250,000 16 Blackpool £3,450,000 17 Wigan -£2,300,000 18 Blackburn Rovers -£8,488,000 19 Newcastle -£12,050,000 20 Arsenal -£27,350,000 You could easily argue that they have no right even being challengers... Let alone winners.Now next July will be five years of the stadium operating, IMO thats when the judgement on Wenger should really have started. However the fact that IMO Wenger over exceed on what he was given meant it started way earlier, and is pretty much why within the club Wenger is UNTOUCHABLE and why he was granted a contract until 2014.

Turkish this breaks it down

Arsene Wenger is not about to break his acquisition policy and start spending money Arsenal do not have.The Gunners boss is renowned for his considered approach to transfer dealings, with one eye forever focused on the club's bank balance.Those methods have seen him come in for criticism at times and it has been suggested that the North London outfit need to splash the cash in order to challenge for top honours.Wenger does not buy into that philosophy, though, with the long-term financial health of the club always taken into consideration.He insists he will not be changing his ways any time soon, regardless of what people say, and admits he will continue to wheel and deal his way through each passing transfer window.AmazedWhen asked why Arsenal no longer sign big names, Wenger said: "Because we respect our budget. You look at the clubs who lose £100million or £150m and if we do that then we go bust. It's as simple as that. We pay what we can afford."I'm amazed that people are amazed that we do that. I think what is surprising is that people don't respect that."If I tell you we can win two more points but we lose £150m, what will you say? Win two more points. But when I ask a second question, where do we get the £150m in? Maybe you don't have the same answer."The beauty of the competition and this club is to be successful while respecting the balance and the funds of financial balance and all the rest for me doesn't look normal."People will maybe realise one day that it's not as easy to stay at the top and as well to cope with financial compulsories that you have at the top."We face rivals who do not respect the financial fair play. Instead, of us being accused, maybe people should look somewhere else."QuandaryWhile reluctant to relax the Emirates Stadium purse strings, Wenger has not ruled out the prospect of adding to his title-chasing squad in the New Year.Talking to TV station Al Jazeera, he said: "If necessary (I will buy in January). But this is the problem. People want me to develop young players. They want me to develop Jack Wilshere, Kieran Gibbs, Theo Walcott and to also buy players."But the two do not go well together. You have to play players at a certain age or you lose them."We try to be successful. If we find the needed player who can give something more to the team then we will do it."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6605524,00.html

Bar injuries (we need a CB to come in Jan I reckon) I see absolutely NO reason why Wenger should spend in January. There was NO WAY Wenger, even if he DID go out and buy players, was competing with Chelsea and United over the past 5 years, No way AT ALL.Look at their squads and money, and even now, look how the players are carrying on and getting dashed:AdebayorSWPIrelandDecoBallackJoe ColeCarvalhoLescott (Jagielka is ahead of him for England, imagine)TevezF*ck this money talk. Arsenal was never competing financially with signings and most DEFINITELY wasn't gonna run this league over the last 5 years. The only season I actually believe we threw it away and should have collected a trophy was the Eduardo leg breaking season.Again, this season the way it's panning out I genuinely don't see why we can't take the League Cup, League and bar luck of the draw have a good crack at the FA Cup. The Barca game also comes at a good time when we can see how far we've come this season.But I have a feeling even if we get success, certain man STILL won't be happy. You lot are too excited with bringing someone in, and dashing them when things don't go their way. That's how OTHER clubs are run, and that's why they're all f*cking PISS POOR and tightening purse strings.THIS IS THE ARSENAL.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This.& to think you support Villa and see it before Arsenal fans.
Oh so thats the big picture I'm not gettingWenger isn't trying to win the league he's just trying to put things in place for the next manager?So when we win the league (like you predict) will that be by fluke?
  • Upvote 1

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has revealed Thomas Vermaelen would be sidelined for another month.Key defender Vermaelen has been missing since August with a troublesome Achilles injury that was initially thought to have ruled him out for a matter of days.Wenger confirmed two weeks ago the Belgium international would return in January but has now decided to delay his comeback until the end of that month."I would rather say late January," said Wenger, whose side have struggled defensively in Vermaelen's absence."He is short on fitness and we have to build it up. That will take three to four weeks."He has started now and the signs are good. But I have been hit so many times with backlash that I am very cautious with Vermaelen."There was better news on the recovery of Kieran Gibbs, who has been out for two weeks with an ankle problem."Gibbs should be available at the beginning of January," said Wenger, who is also without goalkeeper Manuel Almunia (ankle) until next month.It was therefore a boost today when the Gunners boss confirmed Lukasz Fabianski would return to the squad for Monday's crunch Barclays Premier League clash with Chelsea.Injuries to Fabianski (hip) and Almunia forced Wenger to blood Wojciech Szczesny in last Monday's 1-0 defeat at Manchester United.Abou Diaby is also back in the fold after almost two months out with an ankle injury.Both Fabianski and Diaby would have been in the squad for Saturday's postponed match with Stoke, as would Cesc Fabregas and Robin van Persie, but the break has allowed the quartet to move closer to match fitness."We have everybody back," Wenger told Arsenal TV Online."We had them in the squad for Stoke: Diaby, Fabregas, Van Persie - Fabianski too."They have had one more week to prepare for this game and build up their fitness. That will have helped them of course."So, overall we miss only Vermaelen, Almunia and Kieran Gibbs now."They will not be back in the short-term - over Christmas - but everybody else is available."

Guest Awesome Kong
But I have a feeling even if we get success, certain man STILL won't be happy. You lot are too excited with bringing someone in, and dashing them when things don't go their way. That's how OTHER clubs are run, and that's why they're all f*cking PISS POOR and tightening purse strings.THIS IS THE ARSENAL.
Fully c/s :!: If we get a trophy certain man will still moan.
  • Downvote 1

Every Arsenal fan would be happy with a trophy, of course they would.But when he does win that trophy he needs to back it up not just fall into the background again.All you man are saying he's been building a team from young and running the club to put us in a position to dominate so one trophy isn't enough reward for the years of him f*ck*ng about gassing fans. Do you build a team over them years to win a trophy once.If he DIDN'T overrate our players over the years and gas fans into thinking we could compete THEN we could look at a trophy as the beginning of something. Right now Wenger just seems to be building to end with a trophy then he's happy and his missions complete. Like I said before you cant predict the future so Wenger, the board and most fans need to realise that.

Every Arsenal fan would be happy with a trophy, of course they would.But when he does win that trophy he needs to back it up not just fall into the background again.All you man are saying he's been building a team from young and running the club to put us in a position to dominate so one trophy isn't enough reward for the years of him f*ck*ng about gassing fans. Do you build a team over them years to win a trophy once.If he DIDN'T overrate our players over the years and gas fans into thinking we could compete THEN we could look at a trophy as the beginning of something. Right now Wenger just seems to be building to end with a trophy then he's happy and his missions complete. Like I said before you cant predict the future so Wenger, the board and most fans need to realise that.
ARE YOU ACTUALLY BEING f*ck*ng SERIOUS?
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I didn't even respond TF we're going round in f*cking circles here.
You've put forward your points and kept a flow to what your saying agreeing and disagreeing on certain matters.TF just answers what he wants to then poses questions that everyone MUST answer like he is the messiah, and regardless of your answer he's always right.How can you back that every Arsenal fan should see and understand that Wenger is building a team to DOMINATE than also want us to agree that ONE TROPHY is enough reward for Wengers plan and direction of the past 6 years.Talking about a trophy alone of course it is an achievement and something all Arsenal fans should celebrate.
  • Upvote 1