BUDGET 2011

JOHN DOE

In 2010, the 3 countries in europe with the lowest corp tax had the highest unemployment, in comparison to Malta, France (and I forgot the last country) which have the 3 highest corproate tax rates and had much lower unemployment rates.

Don't think the new job creation is really valid, if such things are to go by.

But f*ck it, can't be bothered to argue about this sh*t.

I don't believe in low taxes really, especially not for multi-billion pound companies. If the threat is that they will take their business elsewhere, then it just further demonstrates that its unaccountable people that have far to much sway on certain ways the country is run.

Guest Yilmaz

I don't believe in low taxes really, especially not for multi-billion pound companies. If the threat is that they will take their business elsewhere, then it just further demonstrates that its unaccountable people that have far to much sway on certain ways the country is run.

Politicians run the country but they are lobbied hard by businesses etc. So you're right in one sense. Realistically though, no unaccountable people have as much of a say as we think. That said, this is why it's so f important that ordinary people get more involved and break the vicious circle of poltiics which goes:

Joe Public hates politicians/politics so won't take part > Politicians know socioeconomically disadv ppl aren't taking part so they do nothing for them (see Labour shunning working class white families) > Joe Public who doesn't wanna take part moans about how life/country is f*cked.

People need to take part to make change; Politicians should work harder to make us take part but they won't, ergo we need to act first. We'll have more unbridled power if we wrest it.

Politicians aren't going to "tap the tank" for us, as it's better for them if the status quo is maintained. At the same time, I blame them as they are th real power brokers (sort of like Israel/Palestine, where imo Israel being the most powerful should make the necessary concessions.)

In 2010, the 3 countries in europe with the lowest corp tax had the highest unemployment, in comparison to Malta, France (and I forgot the last country) which have the 3 highest corproate tax rates and had much lower unemployment rates.

Don't think the new job creation is really valid, if such things are to go by.

But f*ck it, can't be bothered to argue about this sh*t.

France has a higher unemployment rate than the UK and the US. both countries with lower corporation tax. Correlation does not equal causation, there are so many other variables. And I'm not saying that if taxes are suddenly low then a wonderful prosperous economy is on the horizon, i'm just saying that lower taxes help, and higher taxes hinder.

Fair enough. I happen to think that taxes should be as low as possible for everyone and I think the state should be as small as possible.

Unaccountable people most certainly have too much sway on how this country is run ie. the European Union. But that is another discussion for another day.

It's good and healthy to have a debate about sh*t, without people getting emotional.

Guest Yilmaz

Unaccountable people most certainly have too much sway on how this country is run ie. the European Union. But that is another discussion for another day.

Errrr no. THE FACT IS

In 1972 OUR PARLIAMENT, YES THE SOVEREIGN BODY IN THIS COUNTRY signed the European Communities Act thus wedding us to the European project.

Just as Parliament got us into the EC, Parliament can get us out...who elects Parliament? WE DO.

So it isn't unaccountable at all. David Cameron has the power to remove us from the European Union if he so chooses, but he won't because he knows that economically (inter alia) we'd be f*cked.

And don't try and come back with some long ass reply because you are wrong. We are wedded to the EU project by an ACT OF PARLIAMENT.

Errrr no. THE FACT IS

In 1972 OUR PARLIAMENT, YES THE SOVEREIGN BODY IN THIS COUNTRY signed the European Communities Act thus wedding us to the European project.

Just as Parliament got us into the EC, Parliament can get us out...who elects Parliament? WE DO.

So it isn't unaccountable at all. David Cameron has the power to remove us from the European Union if he so chooses, but he won't because he knows that economically (inter alia) we'd be f*cked.

And don't try and come back with some long ass reply because you are wrong. We are wedded to the EU project by an ACT OF PARLIAMENT.

It's completely irrelevant, I think i know that. but that wasn't the question was it? You've completely missed the point. We know an act of parliament got us into the EU, but the fact remains that the most important organs of the EU are unaccountable to the citizens of Europe.And this is a huge problem seeing as 80% of the laws on the UK statute book comes from the EU. We don't like the directives coming out of the european commission? tough! Because we can't vote them out. There is a huge democratice deficit within the EU.

Economically why would we be f*cked? There is no evidence to support that opinion. Is Norway f*cked? Is Switzerland f*cked. Anyway Cameron won't get us out of the EU because he believes in the project as much as Clegg and Milliband do, I am convinced that they have more or less the same views on on most of the issues. We could leave, but as it stands Parliament has ceded its sovereignty to the EU, and in reality the EU statues supersede anything that comes out of parliament.

Guest Yilmaz

Errrr no. THE FACT IS

It's completely irrelevant, I think i know that. but that wasn't the question was it? You've completely missed the point. We know an act of parliament got us into the EU, but the fact remains that the most important organs of the EU are unaccountable to the citizens of Europe.And this is a huge problem seeing as 80% of the laws on the UK statute book comes from the EU. We don't like the directives coming out of the european commission? tough! Because we can't vote them out. There is a huge democratice deficit within the EU.

Economically why would we be f*cked? There is no evidence to support that opinion. Is Norway f*cked? Is Switzerland f*cked. Anyway Cameron won't get us out of the EU because he believes in the project as much as Clegg and Milliband do, I am convinced that they have more or less the same views on on most of the issues. We could leave, but as it stands Parliament has ceded its sovereignty to the EU, and in reality the EU statues supersede anything that comes out of parliament.

I don't miss points faggot.

You are just an idiot who recites sh*t from other forums and newspapers.

"80% of the laws on the UK statute book come from the EU" - AHahahahahaaahahahaahahahaha

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. But no doubt you'll find me some UKIP quote that says it, so it thus must be truth. Moron.

You are a c*nt, your mum is a c*nt and you are a c*nt again.

• Downvote 1

Errrr no. THE FACT IS

"80% of the laws on the UK statute book come from the EU" - AHahahahahaaahahahaahahahaha

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. But no doubt you'll find me some UKIP quote that says it, so it thus must be truth. Moron.

Don't cry! I didn't realise this was a subject so dear to you heart! It's a shame we can't have a discussion like men, and instead you have to resort to infantile insults.

I don't recite things from other newspapers or forums. i have my own mind, and i can think for myself. And I don't catch feelings on an internet forum lol.

Just get your knowledge up.

Peace.

• Upvote 1

Guest Yilmaz

Errrr no. THE FACT IS

Don't cry! I didn't realise this was a subject so dear to you heart! It's a shame we can't have a discussion like men, and instead you have to resort to infantile insults.

I don't recite things from other newspapers or forums. i have my own mind, and i can think for myself. And I don't catch feelings on an internet forum lol.

Peace.

It's nothing to do with knowledge bro. Your knowledge level is so low that you counteract facts with misnomers i.e. talking about Norway who have one of the largest sovereign wealth funds in the world, so using them as a country doing well from not being in Europe is DUMB. They don't need Europe for trade in the same way we do.

There's no point in arguing with you online, cos you will continue to use false counters, hence why I just felt the need to air that if I ever saw you irl, yo're the typa guy who I would shut down in an instant.

Udumb, and you're basically spouting the populist "we need to get out of Europe" line

not to mention that you said 80% of laws on the UK statute book are from the EU

hDBasjFBFSDFSD

SBS

SDBSB

S

DUMB

Errrr no. THE FACT IS

Peace.

It's nothing to do with knowledge bro. Your knowledge level is so low that you counteract facts with misnomers i.e. talking about Norway who have one of the largest sovereign wealth funds in the world, so using them as a country doing well from not being in Europe is DUMB. They don't need Europe for trade in the same way we do.

There's no point in arguing with you online, cos you will continue to use false counters, hence why I just felt the need to air that if I ever saw you irl, yo're the typa guy who I would shut down in an instant.

Udumb, and you're basically spouting the populist "we need to get out of Europe" line

not to mention that you said 80% of laws on the UK statute book are from the EU

hDBasjFBFSDFSD

SBS

SDBSB

S

DUMB

Lol, I'm actually cracking up. Getting all emotional haha. Does switzerland have a sovereign wealth fund, or any oil? You know just because we're in the EU doesn't mean we will stop trading with them, after all turkey, Switzerland and Norway all have preferential trade agreements. Do you even know what misnomer means, I think you've used it in the incorrect context. :D

The percentage of laws that come from the EU is disputed, but one thing remains. My problem with the EU is not from a populist, "little englander" viewpoint. Its a question of liberty and democracy. The more we pool our sovereignty in the EU, the less redess and representation we have as ordinary citizens. The people who make the rules in Brussels have absolutely no accountability, and for me that is a problem. Power should be as close to the people as possible.

Again, I repeat, Get your knowledge up, SON

Guest Yilmaz

Does switzerland have a sovereign wealth fund, or any oil?

LOL Switzerland a re a complete anomaly in all matters such as this. Why not talk about thriving mainstream European countries not in the EU? Answers on a postcard.

Do you even know what misnomer means, I think you've used it in the incorrect context. :D

English language is organic you niggerfaggot, hence:

Usage notes

The term misnomer is sometimes used autologically as "something asserted not to be true; a myth or mistaken belief", as in the following example: It's a misnomer that engineers can't write.

The percentage of laws that come from the EU is disputed,

LOL, see? You just plucked a number out of the air and now you've admitted it. Silly c*nt.

but one thing remains. My problem with the EU is not from a populist, "little englander" viewpoint. Its a question of liberty and democracy. The more we pool our sovereignty in the EU, the less redess and representation we have as ordinary citizens. The people who make the rules in Brussels have absolutely no accountability, and for me that is a problem. Power should be as close to the people as possible

There is undoubtedly a democratic deficit in the EU, this is widely known, but go and read your original post about unaccountability and see how I swiped you down with the FACT that parliament is sovereign. If MPs want something done about it, it will be done , especially during a Tory government. However, sensible MPs from all colours know better. I do however believe we will see a lot of rumblings from Tory backbenchers and there may be some changes to what we cede over the course of the next decade.

Also, don't try and "son" me...you wouldn't do it IRL, so no point doing it here. sh*t can get real sometimes.

c*nt.

Does switzerland have a sovereign wealth fund, or any oil?

LOL Switzerland a re a complete anomaly in all matters such as this. Why not talk about thriving mainstream European countries not in the EU? Answers on a postcard.

Do you even know what misnomer means, I think you've used it in the incorrect context. :D

English language is organic you niggerfaggot, hence:

Usage notes

The term misnomer is sometimes used autologically as "something asserted not to be true; a myth or mistaken belief", as in the following example: It's a misnomer that engineers can't write.

The percentage of laws that come from the EU is disputed,

LOL, see? You just plucked a number out of the air and now you've admitted it. Silly c*nt.

but one thing remains. My problem with the EU is not from a populist, "little englander" viewpoint. Its a question of liberty and democracy. The more we pool our sovereignty in the EU, the less redess and representation we have as ordinary citizens. The people who make the rules in Brussels have absolutely no accountability, and for me that is a problem. Power should be as close to the people as possible

There is undoubtedly a democratic deficit in the EU, this is widely known, but go and read your original post about unaccountability and see how I swiped you down with the FACT that parliament is sovereign. If MPs want something done about it, it will be done , especially during a Tory government. However, sensible MPs from all colours know better. I do however believe we will see a lot of rumblings from Tory backbenchers and there may be some changes to what we cede over the course of the next decade.

Also, don't try and "son" me...you wouldn't do it IRL, so no point doing it here. sh*t can get real sometimes.

c*nt.

I didn't pluck a number out of thin air a former german president who is a europhile worked out this number. some british eurosceptic agree with him. Some say half, some say 20%, some say 10%.

Yes Parliament is meant to be sovereign. But Parliament is nothing more than a talkin shop these days. It is so whipped that parliamentarians in the lower house don't want to rock the boat. More recent times have seen Presidential premierships where, foreign policy has become the sole prerogative of the Prime Minister. The whole political elite, no matter the stripe, the people who really matter not a couple of backbenchers do not want to leave the EU. This is why Cameron will never give a plebiscite on the issue for the people to decide, and note during the election period he promised a referendum. This is why Heath never gave the people a say. Because most people on the left and right are not enamoured with pooling sovereignty to the EU, and no that if the people were giving the say then the wheels would come off on the EU train, and why let the little people have a say. And we can only expect to transfer more and more powers to the EU, with even "eurosceptics" such as Hague powerless to try and stop the transferral.

I never disputed that parliament is still nominally sovereign. And you just admitted that there is undoubtedly a democratic deficit in the EU. So what is your problem. You seem to be arguing pointlessly, for arguments sake.

And one more thing, you didn't swipe anyone down, SON

Guest Yilmaz

I didn't pluck a number out of thin air a former german president who is a europhile worked out this number. some british eurosceptic agree with him. Some say half, some say 20%, some say 10%.

Yes Parliament is meant to be sovereign. But Parliament is nothing more than a talkin shop these days. It is so whipped that parliamentarians in the lower house don't want to rock the boat. More recent times have seen Presidential premierships where, foreign policy has become the sole prerogative of the Prime Minister. The whole political elite, no matter the stripe, the people who really matter not a couple of backbenchers do not want to leave the EU. This is why Cameron will never give a plebiscite on the issue for the people to decide, and note during the election period he promised a referendum. This is why Heath never gave the people a say. Because most people on the left and right are not enamoured with pooling sovereignty to the EU, and no that if the people were giving the say then the wheels would come off on the EU train, and why let the little people have a say. And we can only expect to transfer more and more powers to the EU, with even "eurosceptics" such as Hague powerless to try and stop the transferral.

I never disputed that parliament is still nominally sovereign. And you just admitted that there is undoubtedly a democratic deficit in the EU. So what is your problem. You seem to be arguing pointlessly, for arguments sake.

I'm sure everyone can see that your response here is that of someone who has conceded defeat.

I accept victory.

I've also emboldened the BS in your posts, which I'm happy to discuss with you on Skype, but I cba to type anymore.

Incidentally, your responses come like that guy from Good Will Hunting...you sound like you're reading from Desmond Dinan ;) (quality read btw)

I'm sure everyone can see that your response here is that of someone who has conceded defeat.

I accept victory.

I've also emboldened the BS in your posts, which I'm happy to discuss with you on Skype, but I cba to type anymore.

Incidentally, your responses come like that guy from Good Will Hunting...you sound like you're reading from Desmond Dinan ;) (quality read btw)

Nah mate, never.

Never read any of his books.

Good debate :Y:

Errrr no. THE FACT IS

:D You're actually a top sodomoite. In no way did you dispute any of my assertions. Your'e just using some faggy circular logic. Is the European Commission unaccountable? Yes or No? Are the main decision making organs of the European Union unaccountable yes or no? Is there a huge democratic deficit in the EU? yes or no? Does the European Union have an impact on how this country is run? Yes or No? I should have paid heed to the maxim, "Never argue with a fool". Furthermore I know that intelligence is an unnatural phenomena for you but I have my own mind and form my own opinions. d*ckhead. J'ai fini.