MatchTALK: Dortmund

CarltonLeach

Why? We aint the same technical team no more, as much as we may want to be, Walcott & Gervinho's pace is our best hope.

Why did this get negged?

And no, this isn't the TF brigade. This will happen A LOT this season, despite now having a midfield, when fit, capable of playing possession football.

Tbh it was me leaning too hard on the iPad

Appoligies to the TF brigade ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Great result.

I got the feeling we went there for a draw tonight and it was quite evident in our reluctance to free the midfielders especially on the lead up to their free kick for the equaliser when Benneyoun fails to continue his run forward for Arteta to play in a simple pass but it wasn't on and he got crowded out with nowhere to go.

We look a far more robust and agressive team, really like how this season can go on from here!

• Downvote 5

Yeah I hear what you're saying

But you can't play that way effectively without confidence.

At the moment it's just a grinding situation untill the team starts believing in their ability again then we can start focusing on style and panash.

At the minute I'd rather this football get us out of the shitter than risking loose balls and fancy turns, it's just not going to happen at present.

• Upvote 5

We need to change the perception of the team, right now we still look like bunny rabbits to teams with Ruben Rochina saying they got a chance against us. Why Chelsea and Man Utd win when they play badly sometimes is because of the fear built in the opposition through media build up. We just need to build momentum, we got a big tall German bastard in Mertesacker now and I love the way he talks about Arsenal.

For all the greatness players like Fabregas, Nasri, Arshavin can do when on form, we have been a team that has defended poorly for years and not just at the back, we have defended poorly from the front too...

I aint gonna say our defensive unit work has got better cos it hasn't, but maybe where we are more inferior attacking wise, we will improve defensive wise. I said to my boy that this season it wouldn't surprise me if we conceded way less than previous years, and even after 8-2 I still believe that.

If we have to become a little bit less easy on the eye and replace it for being more cutting edge, clinical & doing jobs than I couldn't care less.

I dont think I have ever pos'd Tulse this much in my life...