* Official GYM Thread *

Lofa

Guest Silver Surfer
WHATS BETTER FULL BODY ROUTINES OR SPLITS?? OR PUSH/PULLI NEED TO ADD MASS OVER THE SUMMER IM SKINNY
I do body part splits, me and my mate are doing decent weights now. So the secondary muscles are gettin worked hard, therefore has an affect on the workout. In otherwords, I used to do back and bicep on the same day, but because my dead lift, seated rows weight is quite heavy my biceps get a decent enough workout even though is secondary.So I do a 4 day splitMon, ChestTues, ShouldersWeds, BackThurs, BicepsI add in triceps on Mons

Guest Silver Surfer
This whole gym ting is a joke..If i lift weights, i have no muscle definition unless i rest for like 3 days.. But if i'm going gym 3 times a week that sh*t dont work.. so i just look big, but not toned at all..F*ck the gym
Im not gettiin what u mean, this makes no sense.You get definition from have a low body fat percentage, a skinny guy with about 10% body fat will have muscle definition, its not about how many times u go gym.

Guest YourFutureStepDaddy

My muscle definiation is SICK. I just don't have the sized muscles I'd like.I do:Monday: TorsoWednesday: LegsFriday: Back.Am I working out on Monday too much. Maybe allow my legs and use Monday for Chest and Wednesday for arms and Abs.

You get definition from have a low body fat percentage, a skinny guy with about 10% body fat will have muscle definition, its not about how many times u go gym.
lol, its a combination of muscle mass and body fat.. You trying to tell me that ethiopians look cut?Regarding what i said.. Its pretty simple.. If i dont go gym for a couple of days my muscles look more defined..

Can anyone reccommend me a mon/wed/fri split??
at my gym, attendance has tripled in the past week...some people only started going gym 2 weeks ago cos its getting hot , and wanna look wench for 'the summer'!!. summer is about 8-12 weeks long. so even if you trained amazingly well..you wouldnt get your hench look until just as summer is ending lol. cos thats how long it takes to put on considerable muscle..or lose considerable bodyfat so you get your definition. putting it blunty..its best to train for next summer. genetics could also help..but for most peeps it isnt gonna happen properly just like that. L.. the most probable reason for what u say is wrong is gonna be your diet, or how you train. how you train being form, isolation etc.. split routine:Monday - Chest/TricepsTuesday - offWednesday - Biceps/BackThursday - offFriday - Shoulders/LegsSaturday - offSunday - offyou could mix this around..but the technique is knowing how to seperate the excercises that are compound and secondary movements. working on your chest is gonna involve triceps and shoulders throughout. so you dont need to do 300 exercises on chest bcos its chest day, cos by time you work on the smaller muscles like shoulders/tris..your tired. stick to about 4 chest exercises on any day, 3 for shoulders, and 3 for tris. so lets say there are 12 major chest exercises possible.. week 1..choose 4 (of which all should hit the 3 main areas of ur chest) stick with this for 2 weeks, then choose another 4 for 2 weeks..and so on. i prefer to work bis and tris together..so if i did that split above i would leave out triceps on monday..and do them on wed. legs are big muscles so i would also do legs for 80% of whatever day i work on them..leaving the rest 20% for something light..like traps or high reps. in mixing the split around..you could make the triceps the focus and train them heavy..and lighter chest. mixing around is needed cos ur body will just get used to your routine and then u get the "i dont seem to grow anymore even though i been training hard" scenario. alot of pple seem hooked on benches too.. i pointed this out to one breh who could do 80kg on benchpress, but i said he woudlnt manage 60kg (30x2) on barbell presses..and he didnt. barbells work ur tris more and dont let u cheat like u can on a bar. so focus more on barbells. u also need to check out the "get cut with glass" workout series on bodybuilding.com it was posted here. his shoulder isolation routine is sick.

Guest Doughboi
at my gym, attendance has tripled in the past week...some people only started going gym 2 weeks ago cos its getting hot , and wanna look wench for 'the summer'!!. summer is about 8-12 weeks long. so even if you trained amazingly well..you wouldnt get your hench look until just as summer is ending lol. cos thats how long it takes to put on considerable muscle..or lose considerable bodyfat so you get your definition. putting it blunty..its best to train for next summer. genetics could also help..but for most peeps it isnt gonna happen properly just like that. L.. the most probable reason for what u say is wrong is gonna be your diet, or how you train. how you train being form, isolation etc.. split routine:Monday - Chest/TricepsTuesday - offWednesday - Biceps/BackThursday - offFriday - Shoulders/LegsSaturday - offSunday - offyou could mix this around..but the technique is knowing how to seperate the excercises that are compound and secondary movements. working on your chest is gonna involve triceps and shoulders throughout. so you dont need to do 300 exercises on chest bcos its chest day, cos by time you work on the smaller muscles like shoulders/tris..your tired. stick to about 4 chest exercises on any day, 3 for shoulders, and 3 for tris. so lets say there are 12 major chest exercises possible.. week 1..choose 4 (of which all should hit the 3 main areas of ur chest) stick with this for 2 weeks, then choose another 4 for 2 weeks..and so on. i prefer to work bis and tris together..so if i did that split above i would leave out triceps on monday..and do them on wed. legs are big muscles so i would also do legs for 80% of whatever day i work on them..leaving the rest 20% for something light..like traps or high reps. in mixing the split around..you could make the triceps the focus and train them heavy..and lighter chest. mixing around is needed cos ur body will just get used to your routine and then u get the "i dont seem to grow anymore even though i been training hard" scenario. alot of pple seem hooked on benches too.. i pointed this out to one breh who could do 80kg on benchpress, but i said he woudlnt manage 60kg (30x2) on barbell presses..and he didnt. barbells work ur tris more and dont let u cheat like u can on a bar. so focus more on barbells. u also need to check out the "get cut with glass" workout series on bodybuilding.com it was posted here. his shoulder isolation routine is sick.
Safe for that.btw im not looking to impress this summer tho, i've been working out for 5 months seriously, just wanted to start a new routine.

I've started doing this thing, i think it's called supersetting, where after i've finished my routine, after the last 6 reps i take most of the weights off quick and do another 10 reps with no rest....geez i did it on the rows and thought i was gonna puke!

Guest Doughboi
I've started doing this thing, i think it's called supersetting, where after i've finished my routine, after the last 6 reps i take most of the weights off quick and do another 10 reps with no rest....geez i did it on the rows and thought i was gonna puke!
lol supersets are sick for pumps.I incline dumbbell presses, straight after that I banged out dumbbel flies till failure.I felt like a tank for 1 hour, my chest was pumped.

Safe.I needed some guidance I'm in gym just doing anything.

Guest Silver Surfer
You get definition from have a low body fat percentage, a skinny guy with about 10% body fat will have muscle definition, its not about how many times u go gym.
lol, its a combination of muscle mass and body fat.. You trying to tell me that ethiopians look cut?Regarding what i said.. Its pretty simple.. If i dont go gym for a couple of days my muscles look more defined..
Less body fat = being more cut, hence steriods and cuttin diets. Ethipians just have skin and bones lol, Im talking about the average person.

Guest Doughboi
Ok so ive just got some weights in my garage, got a diet and routine sorted out.But i dont know what exercise to pick, i looked on websites and theres loads for each muscle.How do i decide what to pick and whats best to do.
Chest:Dumbbell/Barbell pressDipsPushup variationBiceps:Chin upsHammer curlTriceps:DipsSkullcrusherLeg:Dumbbell squatLungesOne legged squatBack:PullupDumbbell rowStiff legged deadliftShoulders:Any type of overhead press e.g. standing dumbbell military pressSide raisesLateral raisesThats all you need to build a strong foundation.

Ok so ive just got some weights in my garage, got a diet and routine sorted out.But i dont know what exercise to pick, i looked on websites and theres loads for each muscle.How do i decide what to pick and whats best to do.
Chest:Dumbbell/Barbell pressDipsPushup variationBiceps:Chin upsHammer curlTriceps:DipsSkullcrusherLeg:Dumbbell squatLungesOne legged squatBack:PullupDumbbell rowStiff legged deadliftShoulders:Any type of overhead press e.g. standing dumbbell military pressSide raisesLateral raisesThats all you need to build a strong foundation.
Them getting cut with Glass vids u posted were sick! anyone that wants to know different exercises and how to do them properley should watch them

Guest YourFutureStepDaddy
click how.. lol.
Like yesterday I done the Arnold Press manouvre with no weights.Just the move and the bones in my shoulder were clicking.

click how.. lol.
Like yesterday I done the Arnold Press manouvre with no weights.Just the move and the bones in my shoulder were clicking.
cod liver oil + calcium supplement?if theres no pain though allow it. if it dont hurt it aint a problem