Week 9 - Premier League 11/12 / CC R4

User

#9 and #10's are strikers... Just cos #10's do more than just score like a #9, doesn't mean they ain't strikers. Any good #10 should still havea good goal return or else Heskey is up there with the best of them...

van Persie is Arsenal's Messi. He plays in a role which is suppose to get the best of him, which arguably his goal return shows it is and if Walcott, Arshavin, etc... Could get the number of goals and assists they should from his movement and vision, then the best out of our team too. If the wide two & Ramsey/Wilshere can't all guarantee double figures then Wenger has to change it for the team., but there more chance of van Persie going before that decision gets made...

RVP is still unproven outside the Prem due to injuries.

That's the main reason why I always LOL when I hear this RVP is WC talk on here

Rooney is proven outside the Prem....

How many games has RVP influenced in KO stages in UCL?

Not many but that ain't about talent thats injuries and poor fortune. You know this so why even bring it up...

But 2-1 Barcelona springs to mind along with a red card in the return leg...

That said how many Rooney against non-domestic teams.

come on man!

RVP is a #10 masquarading as #9 because he plays for arsenal

who may i remind you have won diddly in 6 years and come nowhere near challenging for domestic honours

yet he scores a few goals without sneezing and pulling his hamstring and all of a sudden he's a better striker/player then Rooney?

you lot are 'avin me on :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Guest Portuguese

I have to add the fact if anyone who watched Zidane at Juventus (like me) cannot possibly say he was that guy until he arrived at Real)which took him months to settle). Juve and Serie A fans would surely admit he went missing in a lot of games.

I always thought that Zidane was a BIT overrated on the international stage--that is, pre-2006 at least. I n WC1998, he didn't even play that much and scored past a bewildered Brazil side in the Final. And in Euro2000, he had his moments but was almost completely nullified in the Final, and it was Totti/Figo who eclipsed him in the overall Euro 2000 tournament. I think Zidane's signal achievement internationally is how he took a shit French side to a Final in 2006(but came alive after the group stages)

come on man!

who may i remind you have won diddly in 6 years and come nowhere near challenging for domestic honours

yet he scores a few goals without sneezing and pulling his hamstring and all of a sudden he's a better striker/player then Rooney?

article-2053052-0E80157700000578-711_468x286.jpg

I have to add the fact if anyone who watched Zidane at Juventus (like me) cannot possibly say he was that guy until he arrived at Real)which took him months to settle). Juve and Serie A fans would surely admit he went missing in a lot of games.

I always thought that Zidane was a BIT overrated on the international stage--that is, pre-2006 at least. I n WC1998, he didn't even play that much and scored past a bewildered Brazil side in the Final. And in Euro2000, he had his moments but was almost completely nullified in the Final, and it was Totti/Figo who eclipsed him in the overall Euro 2000 tournament. I think Zidane's signal achievement internationally is how he took a shit French side to a Final in 2006(but came alive after the group stages)

Zidane was supposedly better for Juventus, he still drifted out of games for Madrid as well.

I was watching Zidane from he was at Bordeaux with Richard Witschge and although his technique was up there I would have to agree, abit overrated for me.

Could have killer involvement in some games but next games you wouldn't even notice dude.

I would put Cantona above him talent wise.

come on man!

Why did you come back to the thread just to talk shit again?

come on man!

Just stop, every post it gets worse.

I was watching Zidane from he was at Bordeaux with Richard Witschge and although his technique was up there I would have to agree, abit overrated for me.

Could have killer involvement in some games but next games you wouldn't even notice dude.

Really? :rolleyes:

I take it your a United fan?

Cantona ain't even the best foreign player of the early premier league years.

Bergkamp was above him talent wise, and Zola was close too.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ok lets stop this right here.

In terms of technique

RVP over almost anyone bar certain man like KAKA.

Rooney cannot stand next to RVP when it comes to technical ability.

I kept on reading until you mentioned Kaka :lol:

Kaka has very good technique but it's no way up there and never has been. IMO Kaka when he was on top of his game he relied on pace more than technique!

Kaka was fortunate enough to have pace aswell but you can't say he relied on pace.

From you can curl the ball top bins with both feet you can't say that's ordinary technique, most footballers past or present never had the ability to do that.

Kaka's 1 touch game aswell is 1 of the best I have ever seen, he never touches the ball more than he has to to.

It's not cos he was raised in some academy where they drum that into you either, that is all him naturally.

For me still the most gifted footballer playing.

Ask Bergkamp and Zola how they were eating when Cantona was around?

You couldn't win anything unless Cantona was banned/injured.

Ask Bergkamp and Zola how they were eating when Cantona was around?

You couldn't win anything unless Cantona was banned/injured.

Lol not the best argument to use, Berkgamp was more technically gifted than Cantona period, i don't want all that extra shit United fans like to talk about like 'Influence' and 'Swagger' when strictly comparing them as footballers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Cantona better than Zidane I believed this from the age of 9 to 13 then you grow up and realise Football is played outside England.

I thought Zizou was a myth!

/

C/S about the motion of Dinho still playing.

There are aleast 10 or more players still playing technically superior than Kaka.

Ronaldinho is still playing.

Depends on what you look for in a player but Ronaldinho has the tendency to hold on to the ball too long sometimes.

Kaka never does that.

Ronaldinho was still the more gifted player, and still the most gifted player i have ever seen play football. I understand why you feel the way about Kaka though, its the way he plays, he is so elegant and everything seems so natural, come like he is swimming.