LBC RADIO - SELF HATE . SKIN BLEACHING

Guest petercrotch

her voice aint overrated

hear it for what it is not who she is

personally i would listen lauryn over her any day, but does she have a better 'voice'?

f*ck it yes, her range and power>>

to me they are in totally different lanes

if lauryn hill released an album this year it would be an EVENT

for beyonce its one more

Guest petercrotch

lauryn hills is more of a rapper than a singer . beyonce doesn't rap atall . I prefer listen to lauryn hill but beyonce has a better voice .She don't get the credit she deserves vocally imo . but i cosign who ever said she makes a lot of sh*t music ...all the single ladies all the single ladies <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Guest petercrotch

Rihanna wont be about in 10 years

Of course she will be . You dont get to that level of fame then stop being relevant . She gets millions of views each week . She's been strong in the game for 6 years and she's only 23 . There's nothing stopping her from doing a beyonce who has been in the game for nearly 15 years .

now we have youtube music is even more acessible

i hope your right

but me personally, i just dont see it, seems like shes past her peak

Yeah but past her peak will stll sell . The state of the music scene these days is shocking .

I do think Beyonce is overrated, her music is poo but she does have the most powerful voice in the game.

I don't think she is pitch perfect, far from it, I would go for someone like Jennifer Hudson as a singer all day.

Lauryn Hill, I don't know if she meant to do this, has positioned herself in that type of category, cult figure almost mythical, due to the fact she released 1 banger of an album and cut, released an unplugged joint but it's like the expectation keeps her alive.

When you do that, at the height of your fame, your reputation preceeds your actual work.

George Lucas is kinda like this.

Chris Tucker is another one, you don't see that nigga at all, but when the Rush Hour check comes along best believe he will eat more than actors been working for years.

Both singers are overrated tbh but for different reasons.

To start with rihannas got one of the best vocal tones in the business and two she is very marketable and she took her opportunitys . some people do not .

There's plenty of reasons why she is this famous ,mainly because she behaves like a skank and sex and controversy sells .

As someone said earlier you answered how not why . It's no secret that most consumers of music are white and white people think that the lighter you are the more attractive you are, and the more attractive you are more time helps your career . i've lost count of the times i've heard white men say they aren't really attracted to black girls but when they are they are mixed race

Rihanna cannot sing a note.

If "EH EH EH" is the best vocal tone in the business then nowonder music today is f*cked.

Black people have to bare responsibility aswell, when darker skinned females have been signed and put on tv we haven't flocked to vote with our pounds and keep them there.

Why should we then expect white people to do it for us?

yeah but that's still kinda dancing around what people are saying and spin doctoring.

To say that she just happened to come out really light cos of lighting is mostly true. But what people are asking is why was a decision to go for a overly lighted shot that would make her look so much whiter. What was the reasoning behind it, even if it was just for stylistic effect.

To say its just how the shot came out and it wasnt a conscious decision, or its just because she's light already, would be pretty naiive, it's blatantly lighter than she normally is. Remember, these are some of the top dargs in the game, at the peak of meticulosity, If the photo's have come out a certain way, it's cos they wanted it like that.

Maybe as you said it was just a stylistic choice.

Maybe she felt her complexion looked more even in that shot, a lot of girls wear foundation because it evens the skintone, maybe that is what she prefers.

Maybe she like's to look lighter because she wants to look more like her mother, her role model.

Who's to say?

And why are we so pissed like Beyonce owes us something or like we can't raise our own kids to teach them dark is beautiful also?

This woman is getting on my nerves . The worst thing is she has got a white mum and she is saying this ish trying to speak for full black people ( no offence to mixed race people

but......beyonce is obviously mixed race?

I think he was talking about the caller at the time being mixed race.

Beyonce's mum is lightskin, she has mixed ancestry but she isn't white.

I think you made the same mistake with Kano in Top Boy.

• Upvote 1

This woman is getting on my nerves . The worst thing is she has got a white mum and she is saying this ish trying to speak for full black people ( no offence to mixed race people

I think he was talking about the caller at the time being mixed race.

Beyonce's mum is lightskin, she has mixed ancestry but she isn't white.

I think you made the same mistake with Kano in Top Boy.

yeah i'm jus sayin.....if a mixed raced caller can't talk on behalf of the race

then how can beyonce be expected to be some shining african examplar of all of things blik

no mistakes, they're both mixed, you can tell by their facial features they've got white in them

well played standin ground under this showerment of negs tho

Guest petercrotch

To start with rihannas got one of the best vocal tones in the business and two she is very marketable and she took her opportunitys . some people do not .

There's plenty of reasons why she is this famous ,mainly because she behaves like a skank and sex and controversy sells .

As someone said earlier you answered how not why . It's no secret that most consumers of music are white and white people think that the lighter you are the more attractive you are, and the more attractive you are more time helps your career . i've lost count of the times i've heard white men say they aren't really attracted to black girls but when they are they are mixed race

Rihanna cannot sing a note.

If "EH EH EH" is the best vocal tone in the business then nowonder music today is f*cked.

Black people have to bare responsibility aswell, when darker skinned females have been signed and put on tv we haven't flocked to vote with our pounds and keep them there.

Why should we then expect white people to do it for us?

i said she has got one of the best vocal tones in the business i didn't say she was the best singer. I think as a singer she is slightyly overatted but when it comes to the songs she produces she is very underatted . unfaithful , rude boy , all of the lights plus many more are all bangers .

and whos blaming whitey ? white people would rather promote and buy music from white people than black people . whites are always going to do that .and black people tend to be much poorer than white people .

Guest petercrotch

Oh come one . How far are we going to go with this . if you have a 5th black are you going to say they are mixed race ?

I'm not even hating on beyonce because she is very talented and because she does a lot for black people especially in africa but i just don't like SOME of the things she does . i.e bowing down to the white man because the white man says lightskin is better

none of those pics defend her appearing almost white in a photoshoot

a photoshoot pic for a magazine is very different from a paps snapshot on a magazine

yet she always looks the lightest when she does a photoshoot for a mag/product ad

when thats the environment where she has the perfect settings to capture her skintone accurately

how can she be looking lighter than halle berry ffs.