Volunteer Work

LuLu

Guest Lens

does community service count as volunteer work?

the work does but the fact that You were ordered by a court to do it means You didnt volunteer

so no

I do.

Done mentoring and now doing volunteering at Lambeth YOT.

You'll enjoy it.

Were you a panel member?

Yh still am. You do it?

I did it for a year in my last year at uni, now I'm a YOSO with ISS (ISSP pre the YRO) wow that's loads of initials lol.

LOL

How you finding it?

Put it this way if you ever work in a council don't trust nobody and watch your f*ck*ng back ten times more than usual babe, SERIOUSLY.

LOL you know what your not the first person to say that!!

Seriously. Everything you do have 896986 witnesses and record everything. You may as well get a tattoo saying "Don't trust nobody" on your eyeballs in case you ever forget.

Put it this way if you ever work in a council don't trust nobody and watch your f*ck*ng back ten times more than usual babe, SERIOUSLY.

Seriously. Everything you do have 896986 witnesses and record everything. You may as well get a tattoo saying "Don't trust nobody" on your eyeballs in case you ever forget.

C/S

Though I'm not in the actual engagement part of council children's services, there is little to no solidarity and when the sh*t flys, they will look for everyone but themselves to catch the flak.

C/S

Though I'm not in the actual engagement part of council children's services, there is little to no solidarity and when the sh*t flys, they will look for everyone but themselves to catch the flak.

This pretty much sums it up. Plus also remember however much you think you get along with someone the conversation is NEVER EVER off the record. That sh*t will come back to bite you in the arse trust me.

anyone does this before, if so, what type of volunteer work did u do ? or if you have not done it before, can u see yourself doing vounteer work in the future ?

i always thought na im never going to do work where u dont get paid for it but recently ive decided to ambush that way of thinking and signed up to volunteer for childline. Only issue for me is that its slap bang in manc city centre, was kinda hoping it wouldnt be only due to the fact parking is a bitch

have you already got the position or still in the process of applying? Childline is notoriously difficult to get in so make sure you prepare thoroughly.

/

volunteering isn't just about care/charity work, its a great way to get into your chosen profession if you don't have experience. I found a position at a music studio through the V website and after 2 months got offered a job which i've now been at for over 2 years.

the training starts on the 25th, takes like 5 months alltogether or something..

its a subject close to my heart i guess and thats w,hy i feel strongly about this as someone very close to me went through some perverted trauma as a child and young teenager., the whole aftermath it coming out was incredbley emotional and deep.

Funnily enough I got offered what I thought was a volunteering post today but it turns out its paid. Infact paid better then my 2 current jobs so that's a bonus. Would of done it for free.

Props.

What is it?

Guest Lisa Turtle

Have done Teddybear Hosptial in the past. Would love to do it again its just finding the time that's the issue, I'm thinking I'm gonna give up work next year which will free up more time. Fingers crossed.